Fans of Joey W. Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME TO THE JOEY W. HILL FAN FORUM!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What are the dynamics of the K&A pack approach

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SeekingR

What are the dynamics of the K&A pack approach  Empty
PostSubject: What are the dynamics of the K&A pack approach    What are the dynamics of the K&A pack approach  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 12:42 am

It wasn't until I read a posting on EC that I found out Lucas & Peter's stories were already written. I was forced to read the Knights series out of order.

One question that pops up is the effect of growing up around such dominant personalities. Especially since Marcie and her older siblings afe teens. Will the knights be as protective of the girls as they are of the chosen ladies of the pack? For example will dating be harder with K&A team vetting anyone sniffing around? Will the older children, especially Marcie, rebel?

I'm sure they'd never openly play in front of minors. In Lucs & Cassie's story it is clear the Knights will be an active part of the children's lives. It is true that kids pick up on the dynamics of the adult relationships around them. Marcie seems very attuned to what is going on with Cassie and she knows how to Google also. This kid is going to get answers whether or not Cassie & Lucs care for her to have that knowledge...just something to think about.
Back to top Go down
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

PostSubject: Re: What are the dynamics of the K&A pack approach    What are the dynamics of the K&A pack approach  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 7:42 pm

SeekingR - you hit on a good point, and Ben's upcoming book, Hostile Takeover, will actually touch on that a bit. The K&A men are definitely a pack, and very protective of what they consider theirs. What emerges in HT is that as the children were growing up, the men stepped into surrogate father/brother roles for most all of the younger children, giving them that needed male influence in their lives (just as Steve Pickard, noted in Controlled Response, offered somewhat more of the grandfather/male role model). Marcie was a bit of a different animal. Though they obviously always acted appropriately around her, you correctly noted that she was very attuned to them, and quickly figured out what they were. That becomes a factor in her feelings for Ben in the upcoming book.

Now as far as whether they were TOO protective, particularly to the girls, I think that's where Cass, Savannah, Dana and Rachel's influence come in. Just like most mother/father balancing acts, they probably helped rein back any overly rabid reactions to prospective dates for the girls, etc (grin).

Hope reading the story out of order didn't detract too much from your enjoyment, and nice to have you on the forum! Let me know if you have any other questions. :>
Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: What are the dynamics of the K&A pack approach    What are the dynamics of the K&A pack approach  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 9:46 pm

Great question, SeekingR!!! Marcie is a bit a different animal as Joey mentioned. Since CR, I think that she has known pretty much what she wanted, and as Joey mentioned, she knows what they all are. She also knows what she is, a submissive, like Cass in that regard, but not. She is much more on the level of say Dana. She needs someone much stronger then her sister did and I am sure she picked up on the fact that Ben had a much harder edge the Lucus as well.

So, we will see how this all plays all plays out with the pack approach as well. Lucas might have to be hands off on this one due to his relationship with Marcie as nearly her surragate father. Matt never particpates in the play, so that might leave Peter and Jon, unless someone comes into the picture to help out. Will have to see!! SM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are the dynamics of the K&A pack approach    What are the dynamics of the K&A pack approach  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are the dynamics of the K&A pack approach
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fans of Joey W. Hill :: The Cauldron :: Knights of the Boardroom Series-
Jump to: