Fans of Joey W. Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME TO THE JOEY W. HILL FAN FORUM!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Making a Servant vs Vampire

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Leeroyfan
Fan
Fan
Leeroyfan

Making a Servant vs Vampire Empty
PostSubject: Making a Servant vs Vampire   Making a Servant vs Vampire Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 10:26 pm

Hey guys, my first post here. Smile So I guess this is my introduction as well as a question.
Anyway Hiiii!
Now to the question, its pretty straight forward. What makes a Vamp decide to make to take a human as a servant as opposed to turning them?

*Semi Spoiler*

Also why would it be against Council law to turn a servant? One would assume they would prefer this considering how much the pain of losing a servant is after 3 centuries.
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Mistress of the Boardroom
Mistress of the Boardroom
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: Making a Servant vs Vampire   Making a Servant vs Vampire Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 8:32 am

Welcome Leeroyfan!! I love this series. I think I know but I think I took a personal twist on it not the one I am sure Joey intended. Hahahaha
Back to top Go down
Leeroyfan
Fan
Fan
Leeroyfan

PostSubject: Re: Making a Servant vs Vampire   Making a Servant vs Vampire Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 3:00 am

And what would your theory be? so far mine seem pretty much just in the hypothesis phase since I'm not fully up to speed with all of the books yet. So there might have been some information that I haven't come across yet.
But please do tell me what your theories are on this question, a fresh look on things is always a good thing Smile
Back to top Go down
Selenna
Fan
Fan
Selenna

PostSubject: Re: Making a Servant vs Vampire   Making a Servant vs Vampire Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 6:23 pm

Welcome Leeroyfan, I'm rather new here myself, but let me offer a couple of things for you. First, you might want to post a question like this in the Unlaced section of the forum where there's a "Got a question for Joey?" area. That said, I recalled reading a question that was posted there that had some of what you're looking for, though perhaps not all of it, so you might want to check it out: servant to vampire

The other piece that I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate on, is simply that another vampire cannot replace a servant. There are things that a servant (particularly a 3rd marked one) does that have to be performed by a human, so another vampire wouldn't work. Things like taking care of domestic issues that need to be handled during daylight hours (supervising/managing workers performing services at the vampire's home for instance). Also, (and I could be wrong on this) I think that while one vampire can drink from another, I'm not sure that it fulfills the total nourishment needs that human blood gives, plus there is the ability for a vampire to draw strength from their 3rd mark if needed.

Hope this offers something for you to think about and hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

--Sel
Back to top Go down
Leeroyfan
Fan
Fan
Leeroyfan

PostSubject: Re: Making a Servant vs Vampire   Making a Servant vs Vampire Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 6:02 am

That's a good suggestion, I actually took it up and posted a question there the other day after reading this.

Hmmm I agree on that, where a vampire wouldn't make a good servant since vampirism tends to make them more dominant. But my question was what determines which the vampire would chose, like what makes a vampire decide to turn a human into a vampire or into a servant. Because from the way I look at it there really is no benefit for a vampire turning something into another vampire. A servant has the obvious benefits as the books show since its almost all from the perspective of a vampire servant relationship. But what of vampire and vampire relationships? why would a vamp even bother turning a human into a vampire knowing that they might eventually become a potential threat?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making a Servant vs Vampire   Making a Servant vs Vampire Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Making a Servant vs Vampire
Page 1 of 1