Fans of Joey W. Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME TO THE JOEY W. HILL FAN FORUM!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tyler & Marguerite

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
whatmeworry
Fan
Fan
whatmeworry

Tyler & Marguerite Empty
PostSubject: Tyler & Marguerite   Tyler & Marguerite Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 3:10 pm

I'm in the midst of reading Branded Sanctuary and I I love youI love youI love you what we see of T&M's relationship and the way they're handling Chloe & Brendan.

That being said, and being fully aware that they are fictional characters, I'm still so sad that they can't have kids, especially when M disclosed that in Ice Queen, it seemed that it was a big deal to her. Couldn't they go to a surrogate? Especially since Tyler is so wealthy?

Back to top Go down
Terry
Mistress of the Boardroom

Tyler & Marguerite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler & Marguerite   Tyler & Marguerite Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 11:40 pm

Some couples are complete without children. I think Tyler & Marguerite are one of those couples. Not everyone needs children to have a happily ever after. I think they realize that, even being fictional. Just my opinion...
Back to top Go down
BiteMe
Dedicated Fan
Dedicated Fan
BiteMe

Tyler & Marguerite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler & Marguerite   Tyler & Marguerite Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 4:44 am

And if you've read the vignette, 'The Baby Shower,' Marguerite admits to Violet that she and Tyler decided that due to their individual histories of psychological trauma, they were not going to risk going the parent route at all.

Marguerite needed to strictly regiment her life and relationships prior to Tyler. I imagine a psyche that does that to protect itself could handle children only in short doses and full-time parenting is the complete opposite of that. On a positive note, she'll make a terrific honorary 'Aunt' to the children of her friends.

I can easily imagine Tyler as a father, but it seems he's opted instead to focus solely on Marguerite. Like Marguerite, he will be the absolute favorite 'Uncle.'

One thing I will say, I would NEVER want to be that man's daughter. It would likely be the teen version of hell on earth to try and date or even have a 'just friends' relationship with someone of the opposite sex. Loving and caring is one thing but a daughter of his might have to wait until he's dead before she could date without his interference.

Back to top Go down
whatmeworry
Fan
Fan
whatmeworry

Tyler & Marguerite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler & Marguerite   Tyler & Marguerite Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 10:04 pm

Thanks Terry & BiteMe... but I can still imagine in an alternate world, how awesome those two would be to a passel of kids?
Back to top Go down
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

Tyler & Marguerite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler & Marguerite   Tyler & Marguerite Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 8:56 pm

Wow- whenever I cruise by a question like this and see the readers have answered it in a way that reflects an indepth understanding of the characters motives, conflicts, desires, etc, it reminds me of that Garth Brooks Central Park concert (think it was Central Park), where he got this ecstatic, overwhelmed look on his face when he stopped singing and realized practically the entire audience was singing his song by heart, word for word. You guys rock! But whatmeworry, I understand what you mean. As I've said, that's the nice thing about a story - once you read it, they're uniquely yours, so in your version of events after "the end", if they end up finding out a way to have children, then that's completely okay!

BiteMe, I'm laughing and nodding at your version of Tyler as the dad of a teenage daughter. Only I see him as being even more crafty/diabolical about it, like the dad in the T-Mobile commercial, who lets his daughter know he supports her boyfriend choice, while subtly scaring the crap out of the boyfriend. Here's the link to the YouTube video if you haven't seen it. It's priceless! http://www.break.com/video-user-yt/4-2010/1791832
Back to top Go down
behalf23
3rd Marked Servant
behalf23

Tyler & Marguerite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler & Marguerite   Tyler & Marguerite Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 9:33 pm

Wow, I hadn't seen that ad before! Very good, but definitely a bit creepy also. lol!
Back to top Go down
Terry

Tyler & Marguerite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler & Marguerite   Tyler & Marguerite Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 9:50 pm

I loved that commercial! I love the thought of a father trying to protect his daughter from raging hormones with feet! You don't want creeps touching your loved ones!!!
Back to top Go down
BiteMe
Dedicated Fan
Dedicated Fan
BiteMe

Tyler & Marguerite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler & Marguerite   Tyler & Marguerite Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 1:12 am

Joey,

The 'Creepy Dad' was definitely a good laugh. But when it comes to Tyler, I can see him sitting down and putting the boy at ease at first, then WHAM! Dropping the psychological equivalent of a WMD on the poor kid. Telling him something like if he ever even so much as thought impure thoughts about his daughter, Tyler would know it and the kid would wind up in a government controlled facility where they would extract his testicles through his ears. At which time Tyler's daughter would come into the room and start yelling at Tyler, because her date had gone catatonic from fear.

Well, that's my vision of what daughter's date night at the Winterman house would be like.
Back to top Go down
behalf23
3rd Marked Servant
behalf23

Tyler & Marguerite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler & Marguerite   Tyler & Marguerite Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 1:56 am

LMAO

I think this is the first time that I have had the urge to use this emoticon, but your description was quite vivid, Bite Me!
Back to top Go down
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

Tyler & Marguerite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler & Marguerite   Tyler & Marguerite Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:31 pm

Extract testicles through his ears...now THAT'S visual! (lol)
Back to top Go down
Terry

Tyler & Marguerite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler & Marguerite   Tyler & Marguerite Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:43 pm

Putting those CIA skills to good use? Go Tyler!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tyler & Marguerite Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyler & Marguerite   Tyler & Marguerite Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tyler & Marguerite
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fans of Joey W. Hill :: The Cauldron :: Nature of Desire Series-
Jump to: