Fans of Joey W. Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME TO THE JOEY W. HILL FAN FORUM!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Help - Quick KOBR question for Aussie/New Zealanders

Go down 
+2
Shyness
Joey W. Hill
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

Help - Quick KOBR question for Aussie/New Zealanders - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help - Quick KOBR question for Aussie/New Zealanders   Help - Quick KOBR question for Aussie/New Zealanders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 10:50 am

Pat, I don't find you pushy at all - in fact those were very kind and thoughtful insights. When it comes to galleys, unfortunately, yep, I'm the final say on those, because I'm aware of the story flow and the details such that I can detect errors or problems in a way no one else can, not because they aren't wonderful writers, but because I wrote it and they didn't. But it would certainly be great if they could, because I know a couple of them have offered to help in any way possible - again, I am blessed in my readers and fellow authors in so many ways!

It will all work out - the good thing is my publishers really are very understanding at this point, so though I'll work hard to meet those galley deadlines, if I need a few extra days, I know they'll give me that breathing room. Production process is just the tightest turnaround point. The good thing was last night while in the hospital with mom, it is of course impossible to sleep in a hospital without huge amounts of medication (which she had and I didn't - laughter), so I sat up and read about a quarter of the SAW copy edit galley. Hopefully I can keep on that pace.

Like your new avatar, btw! Thanks again for the troubleshooting - I like that trait. :>
Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: Help - Quick KOBR question for Aussie/New Zealanders   Help - Quick KOBR question for Aussie/New Zealanders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 1:47 pm

Pat, no need to say sorry to me. I do very much understand, having also gone through this myself, what Joey is going through. Is it hard because it is Master Ben? Yes, but I understand and that is alright. I know that she is done with the book, and just has a few of the edit rounds left in it. That is wonderful!!

Of course Mom comes first. Then the other two books that are submitted since those do have release dates on them. Am sure that HT will be super awesome, naughty fun and if it gets pushed back to being submitted in September or October then that is the why it has to be. Yes, I can see how the other SAW book now has to be a priority with the other two gallies are done. However, I do know that Master Ben will be here to torment all of us just has soon as he can!! SM

P.S. Of couse, both me and WMW still cannot wait for that first little taste via an excerpt too!! SM
Back to top Go down
pat
3rd Marked Servant
pat

PostSubject: Re: Help - Quick KOBR question for Aussie/New Zealanders   Help - Quick KOBR question for Aussie/New Zealanders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 3:41 pm

Joey W. Hill wrote:

Like your new avatar, btw! Thanks again for the troubleshooting - I like that trait. :>

Thanks Joey! DaeGideonSlave's avitar and banner are so awesome I felt the need to dress my profile up a bit (grin).

Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: Help - Quick KOBR question for Aussie/New Zealanders   Help - Quick KOBR question for Aussie/New Zealanders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 7:53 am

Pat,

I love your new stuff!! Very nice. You and Musette with your D and G! SM
Back to top Go down
pat
3rd Marked Servant
pat

PostSubject: Re: Help - Quick KOBR question for Aussie/New Zealanders   Help - Quick KOBR question for Aussie/New Zealanders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 12:10 pm

Thanks SM! Yep, the DAG trinity is a favorite group for a bunch of us, although I think we are all fans of the Knights too so it works out well Cheerleader

I still have hopes that you will jump into the VQ series one day. I really think you would enjoy it (especially since you liked the DG vignette).

Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: Help - Quick KOBR question for Aussie/New Zealanders   Help - Quick KOBR question for Aussie/New Zealanders - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 6:46 pm

Pat.

I am still not sure at this time yet if I will. I am finishing up the NOD series first and then after that I will see what grabs me. I still have some in my TOR pile that I got before my Kindle so again, will see. I did like the D and G vingette. It was very hot!

I am so sad about this whole thing with Joey and her Mom. No doubt in times like this family is most important over eveything. It does seem that she is just not able to get a break. Dealing with this, stuff for SAW 1, BBTVQ in December, HT nearly done and ready to be submitted and then having to have the 2nd SAW in my October. Yikes! I hope that she is getting some time to sleep here since again, I know what this is like as well. Hard to do expecally if you are an author with all these book deadlines on top of everything! SM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help - Quick KOBR question for Aussie/New Zealanders   Help - Quick KOBR question for Aussie/New Zealanders - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help - Quick KOBR question for Aussie/New Zealanders
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2