Fans of Joey W. Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME TO THE JOEY W. HILL FAN FORUM!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Something About Witches

Go down 
+2
raeann
MistressKatishka
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MistressKatishka
Mistress of the Boardroom
Mistress of the Boardroom
MistressKatishka

Something About Witches Empty
PostSubject: Something About Witches   Something About Witches Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 12:10 pm

Ruby Night Divine is a gun shop owner. She’s also a witch who knows magic can fail. She’s experienced it firsthand, with full-blown tragic consequences. Smith & Wesson is a whole hell of a lot more reliable, and nothing’s as cathartic as the ability to put a few holes in the things that piss you off. Like Derek Stormwind.

A powerful sorcerer, Derek is determined to get to the bottom of why she pushed him away and ran three years before. He also needs her help. A coven needs training to help them fight a demon and his minions. While Ruby is willing to do it, she’s sure it’s just a ruse to get back in her heart—and her bed. The thing is, that’s where she wants him. Unfortunately, her bed’s already made, she’s this close to losing her soul, and she fears nothing can save her. Not Derek. Not even Smith & Wesson.

Last edited by MistressKatishka on Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
raeann
3rd Marked Servant

PostSubject: Re: Something About Witches   Something About Witches Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 11:45 pm

That's were I've seen his name -- Derek Stormwind. He is the guy who helped Malachi set up his Island in Vampire Instinct. When I was reading it, I couldn't place where I saw his name. The lightbulb went off.
Can't wait for this series to start.
Back to top Go down
musette
3rd Marked Servant
musette

PostSubject: Re: Something About Witches   Something About Witches Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 2:32 am

Moira, I think he's mentioned in Beloved Vampire too. Helps Mason enchant Farida's tomb, among other little tricks, LOL!
I love the way Joey integrates her characters across the different series...it's a real talent, being able to weave them in and make it look so effortless (though I'm sure it's not Joey!)
Back to top Go down
raeann
3rd Marked Servant

PostSubject: Re: Something About Witches   Something About Witches Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:30 pm

Missed that in Beloved Vampire.
Joey gives a glimpse of characters that totally intrigue us, and then we want there stories. Derek Stormwind has intrigued me.
Back to top Go down
doris gomez
3rd Marked Servant
doris gomez

PostSubject: Re: Something About Witches   Something About Witches Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 5:33 pm

OK, HappyBday2U I love LOVE the cover. That western vibe appeals to my southwest roots. I live in a place where you can find the remains of covered wagons. Not too many guys like that storm wind guy, tho' Too, too bad. Is there a release day for this witches book? I'm really looking forward to it. bdaysurprise

Apologies for the Hap-day stuff. This was as close as I could get to witch hats. I really think the colors and the singing could work, just not the birthday wishes.

OOooooh another question, will this story be fantasy witches or Wicca stuff or some of each, or am I supposed to hold queries???
Back to top Go down
raeann
3rd Marked Servant

PostSubject: Re: Something About Witches   Something About Witches Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 8:33 pm

Hello Doris, The release date is February 2012. In the Excerpts part of forum, there is an excerpt, first chapter I think, you might also find the exact day in February there.
Back to top Go down
pat
3rd Marked Servant
pat

PostSubject: Re: Something About Witches   Something About Witches Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 6:59 am

I missed that we had an excerpt already! Excellent, must go read now!
Back to top Go down
pat
3rd Marked Servant
pat

PostSubject: Re: Something About Witches   Something About Witches Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 7:23 am

Just read the excerpt and it looks great! Now there are definite dates to look forward in Dec and Feb (I'm holding off being eager for HT till there is a real publishing date). Musette, I agree with you, I love that the characters can show up in each other's books!

Don't know that there will be any connection to this book but it woudl be neat to get more background on what Derek did to help Mal build the island and what the price was.
Back to top Go down
Fran
2nd Marked Servant

PostSubject: Re: Something About Witches   Something About Witches Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 6:32 am

I didn't see the connections until now, all the more reason to re-read!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something About Witches   Something About Witches Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Something About Witches
Page 1 of 1