Fans of Joey W. Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME TO THE JOEY W. HILL FAN FORUM!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1)

Go down 
+10
Shyness
TriinV
SiNn
JerryT
Dannyfiredragon
Tracey D
Sandy
Terry
Jennifer Leeland
VampireTemptressJaime
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
VampireTemptressJaime
Mistress of the Boardroom
VampireTemptressJaime

Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1) Empty
PostSubject: Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1)   Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 3:03 am

From storywitch.com

Lady Elyssa is a centuries old vampire who finds herself in desperate need of a new human servant. Jacob Green has been a wanderer all his life, trying to stumble into his destiny. Nothing can prepare him for everything that Lyssa demands of her human servant. Besieged by her enemies, guarding secrets that could result in the loss of her ability to protect her territory and those who inhabit it, she needs a man who can stand by her no matter what she asks of him.
Back to top Go down
Jennifer Leeland
Dedicated Fan
Dedicated Fan
Jennifer Leeland

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1)   Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 10:52 pm

Okay. Let me tell ya'll something.
I HATE vampires. I don't know why, but I do. The whole "Vamps are sexy" totally missed me.
But then, JOEY W. HILL wrote one.

What was I supposed to do? It was JOEY HILL!!!!
So I bought it.

OMG. I LOVE this story, the world building, everything.

Jacob is one of my favorite characters--a reluctant male submissive. MY favorites.

And having their story over two books was brilliant. It gave me a chance to fall in love with the secondary characters soon to be featured in her ensuing sequels.

This is the very first Vampire book to open my mind and make me a little more willing to accept blood suckers can be sexy.
Back to top Go down
http://jenniferleeland.com
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1)   Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 11:41 pm

Jennifer, I liked that they were vampires, but the "blood sucking" was more secondary to the characters and their story. Just like Joey does everything else, she makes us care about the people. Sure her vampire world is extreme, but I would expect it to be. I don't think she could do anything half-assed if she tried!
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1)   Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 12:22 am

Jennifer, blood sucker can be sexy too. LOL

This is the first series I read from Joey. Once I was done I had to send her an email. It was spellbinding and left a very big imprint in my mind. I never never never write authors. Joey is the first. I have read numerous stories from good/great authors before and now but there so far has not been an author that I felt the need to reach out to write them on a personal level.
Do not get me wrong I like the other series I have read. However, there was something about Joey's stories that has captivated me and has made me reach out.
Joey has confirmed that the stories are not laced with drugs or chocolate. How ever she is a/our Storywitch so I don't know. LOL

Joey is our Storywitch Mistress Author. Wink

Sandy
Back to top Go down
Tracey D
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1)   Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:46 am

Folks, I'm so far behind with this series. I have this book but haven't read it, yet! (hangs head in shame).

Once I start reading it, I look forward in chatting with you folks about it.
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1)   Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 6:26 am

Tracey, I guess it would not be diplomatic of me to say "WHAT?". LOL You will love them once you start. Wink

Sandy
Back to top Go down
Tracey D
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1)   Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:56 pm

LOL, Sandy. I know, I know, that's why I hung my head in shame early!

I need to buy the other books in the series, too. Once I start reading a series, I like to start the next, immediately!
Back to top Go down
Dannyfiredragon
1st Marked Servant
Dannyfiredragon

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1)   Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 12:17 pm

Jennifer Leeland wrote:
Okay. Let me tell ya'll something.
I HATE vampires. I don't know why, but I do. The whole "Vamps are sexy" totally missed me.
But then, JOEY W. HILL wrote one.

What was I supposed to do? It was JOEY HILL!!!!
So I bought it.

OMG. I LOVE this story, the world building, everything.

Jacob is one of my favorite characters--a reluctant male submissive. MY favorites.

And having their story over two books was brilliant. It gave me a chance to fall in love with the secondary characters soon to be featured in her ensuing sequels.

This is the very first Vampire book to open my mind and make me a little more willing to accept blood suckers can be sexy.

How can you hate Vampires? Too much Twilight? LOL

Danny
Back to top Go down
http://loveromancesandmore.blogspot.com/
JerryT
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1)   Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 3:42 pm

Deleted.

Last edited by JerryT on Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JerryT
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1)   Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 5:10 pm

Deleted.

Last edited by JerryT on Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
JerryT
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1)   Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 5:11 pm

It occurs that deleting messages may be a bit childish. So?

Last edited by JerryT on Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1)   Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 8:02 pm

Jerry, I CARE!!!!! Tyler and Marguerite were completed before Joey started Lady Lyssa & Jacob. I remember her mentioning struggling with the story/characters after I'd read IQ & MOMS, so I know Lady Lyssa & Jacob were written afterwards.

And for me, I'm not sure Mirror Of My Soul would've made a lot of sense to me if I hadn't read Ice Queen first. It was supposed to be one book, but "they" made her split it in two because it was so long. I just love that it's so hard for her to write a short book. Just makes the bliss last that much longer! Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1) Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
JerryT
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1)   Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:02 pm

Delted.

Last edited by JerryT on Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1)   Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 11:01 pm

Oh Jerry, you're making me laugh! Once a conversation starts, how can you control where it goes because of what topic you're under?? They are all Joey's books.

Not sure I can cover all the points you made, but a couple that stood out to me -

I would think you would HAVE to read Natural Law first in order to understand Mistress of Redemption. Otherwise, how would you really be able to feel just how dispicable Jonathan really was? That makes his redemption all that much more amazing.

I think when Joey wrote If Wishes Were Horses, it was before the Nature of Desire series offically began, but they fit in so well, she has incorporated Justin & Sarah into the "group" wherever feasible. She's said before that she loves to include previous characters in subsequent books because it keeps them alive, and we readers eat it up! Love to see that they "live" outside of their own book(s). After all, they're like family to most of us!

Have you had a chance to read A Witch's Beauty? Joey throws in a real surprise for those that have read IQ/MOMS. And they are totally different series!! I don't want to say anymore for fear of spoiling things for ones that haven't read them, but it's such a WOW moment, very cool.

As for Pre-Ordering Branded Sanctuary, don't hold your breath. Ellora's Cave publishes that one, and there is no print date announced as of yet. Even once they do have a print date, they don't accept pre-orders, but don't worry, once a date is announced, if you're still connected to this or anything Joey, you'll hear about it, I promise!!
Back to top Go down
JerryT
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1)   Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 2:52 am

Deleted. And thank whatever gods may be for spam filters which can be customized.
Back to top Go down
SiNn
2nd Marked Servant
SiNn

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1)   Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 6:36 am

im not sure why the deltes it make sme confused and honestly i dunno i came into this series late and owuld love to read the rest of these books
Back to top Go down
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1)   Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 10:48 pm

SiNn, deleted messages aside, all the Vampire Queen series books are SOOOOO worth it, IMHO. LOL!

Last edited by Terry on Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1)   Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 11:06 pm

SiNn, you have to have have to read this series. You like vamps, right? It doesn't matter if you do or do not. You will love these vamps and servants no matter what. Wink

Sandy
Back to top Go down
SiNn
2nd Marked Servant
SiNn

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1)   Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 11:57 pm

i loved Beloved vampire and deleted comments make me confused i think i was born of a none redhead nature
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1)   Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 12:20 am

SiNn,
Ignore the deleted comments. It is confusing and cannot figure out why they happened. If you can get the gist from the other comments.
Beloved Vampire was awesome SiNn...read the rest of the series. You will thank everyone who pushed it. LOL

Sandy
Back to top Go down
SiNn
2nd Marked Servant
SiNn

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1)   Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 12:31 am

LOl most deff will i havethem written down gonna check see my m lib has them if not im gonnahave them order them that way if i love um a smuch as i think i am ill buy them andthen someone at the lib has a chance tor ead them too
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1)   Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 12:46 am

Perfect...Welcome to the dark side. LOL

Sandy Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
TriinV
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1)   Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 5:19 am

Hello, new member and not used to shopping online. So, where would be the best/easy place to buy Vampire Queen series books online?
Back to top Go down
Shyness
Territory Overlord
Territory Overlord
Shyness

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1)   Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 5:34 am

Hi TriinV,

I usually order through Amazon (US) for Joey's books. My experience with Amazon has been 95% OK. There was one time when I had books sent via Austria then another time when there were Argentinian stamps on the box when they arrived... but they did eventually arrive. Oh well... they can't get it right all the time. LOL. Probably blame the postal service rather than Amazon for that. Best case scenario for me, books arrive in about 2 weeks from ordering which isn't toooo bad, they estimate a month but I'd sure like them sooner!!!

I'm sure others may have better suggestions for you! Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
SiNn
2nd Marked Servant
SiNn

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1)   Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 5:50 am

depends really amazons shipping is pretty expencive try the book depository if they have the ones ur looking for i swea rby B&n tho me and amazon have a hate love relationship i hate it it loves my money
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1)   Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vampire Queen's Servant (Book #1)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next