Fans of Joey W. Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME TO THE JOEY W. HILL FAN FORUM!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vampire Mistress (Book #5)

Go down 
+20
HelenB
doris gomez
Jennifer Leeland
winnie
Mai
bernmtdog
bethanylee
Joey W. Hill
maryde
Karen
Terry
behalf23
Sandy
StellaPrice
Rebekah
SiNn
biteMARwhipMAR
Ioana
Dannyfiredragon
VampireTemptressJaime
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
VampireTemptressJaime
Mistress of the Boardroom
VampireTemptressJaime

Vampire Mistress (Book #5) Empty
PostSubject: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 2:59 am

From storywitch.com

Sometimes desire can work three ways...

In May 2010, Joey W. Hill returns to the dark and seductive landscape of her Vampire Queen novels as a desperate woman finds herself trapped between the desires of two men, each with his own mission of the night.

Gideon Green is a hardcore vampire hunter. But in the past year, his only family, his little brother, became a vampire queen’s servant – and then a vampire himself, giving Gideon a different view of the vampire world. Since Gideon’s sole purpose for over a decade has been killing vampires, the violence that has scarred his soul now haunts his conscience.

Then he crosses paths with a sexy BDSM night club owner, Mistress Anwyn. Their connection is immediate and intense, but she has a silent partner--the vampire Daegan Rei. When Anwyn is viciously attacked and turned by a rogue vampire, Gideon and Daegan join to protect her through a dangerous transition. As the bonds between the three of them draw tighter, Gideon faces an unbelievable truth...that the path to meaning in his life may be found in surrendering to the desires and needs of two vampires.
Back to top Go down
Dannyfiredragon
1st Marked Servant
Dannyfiredragon

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 2:46 pm

I am soooo looking forward to read this book. Gideon seems to be a really intriguing character. That will be fun when a hard core vampire hunter falls for a vampire
Back to top Go down
http://loveromancesandmore.blogspot.com/
Ioana
Fan
Fan
Ioana

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 8:36 am

I'm more anxious to read it because of Daegan Rei Wink our hard core *very alpha* vampire hunter will not only fall for a vampire but will also have a very interesting relation with a second male hunter... I can't wait to see that Very Happy (although I guess DR will appear more in Vampire Trinity, no?!)
Back to top Go down
biteMARwhipMAR
2nd Marked Servant

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 12:40 am

I just want to see how Gideon handles Daegan being a part of his relationship. thats gunna be interesting and hot!
Back to top Go down
SiNn
2nd Marked Servant
SiNn

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 6:38 am

i cant wait to read this sounds sooo awesome
Back to top Go down
Rebekah
2nd Marked Servant
Rebekah

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 5:27 pm

Just to be clear, this one comes out first and then Vampire Trinity later, correct? I want to make sure I'm on the lookout for the right one. Smile
Back to top Go down
VampireTemptressJaime
VampireTemptressJaime

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 5:30 pm

That's right, Rebekah! VM is first...can't wait!
Back to top Go down
SiNn
2nd Marked Servant
SiNn

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 9:33 pm

just adds it along with all the one si haventr ead to my long list of wants
Back to top Go down
Rebekah
2nd Marked Servant
Rebekah

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 11:09 pm

Thanks Jaime!! I can't wait!!
Back to top Go down
StellaPrice
1st Marked Servant
StellaPrice

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 8:47 am

OK...

About 2/3rd of the way through the book.

Daegan? HOT HOT HOLY SHIT HOT.

That is all...
Back to top Go down
http://www.stellaandaudra.com
VampireTemptressJaime
VampireTemptressJaime

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 8:56 am

Damn it, Stella...you're killing us! LMAO!!
Back to top Go down
StellaPrice
1st Marked Servant
StellaPrice

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 8:58 am

Im sorry! I needed to say something! If it wasnt so huge (its an uncut arc) I would have it finished already but as it is I can only read it in bed!

Though reading this, you are going to wanna be in bed... Woo lord that vamp is hot...
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 1:11 pm

Stella, you are just adding the salt to the knife wounds. I would say my kind of girl but I am on the receiving end this time. LOL
Back to top Go down
SiNn
2nd Marked Servant
SiNn

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:22 am

LOL i agree but hey if it has stells stamp of approval you know its got to be awesome not just because Joey rocks
Back to top Go down
StellaPrice
1st Marked Servant
StellaPrice

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 2:56 pm

OK im about 50 pages from being done with this..

And all i gotta say is HOLY SHIT... theres this one scene... good lord....
Back to top Go down
SiNn
2nd Marked Servant
SiNn

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 11:42 pm

Stellas really really pushing it lol
Back to top Go down
StellaPrice
1st Marked Servant
StellaPrice

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 7:59 am

Ok....

I finished it. and OMG... HOLY SHIT. just HOLY SHIT. Im mad at myself for finishing it, but dying now for Vampire Trinity... Good lord that book had it all, and did it right. Oh I cant wait to talk about it!!!

S
Back to top Go down
VampireTemptressJaime
VampireTemptressJaime

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 11:18 am

*sighs* I want to be locked in a room with Lord Mason and Daegan already! Do you think that would be a problem? LOL
Back to top Go down
SiNn
2nd Marked Servant
SiNn

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 4:41 am

not at all long as theirs a camera lol
Back to top Go down
behalf23
3rd Marked Servant
behalf23

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 5:33 pm

What a treat you all have coming. I just spent Saturday and Sunday reading Vampire Mistress. It was so lovely. Joey has hit it out of the ballpark yet again. I don't know how she keeps doing it , but she does.

I refused to read it in one day, made myself read it over two days. Even so, I don't know how I am going to last until September for Vampire Trinity. I don't want to mention plot points and spoil things for those who haven't got your hands on it yet, but the emotional points were exceptional. The relationship growing between Anwyn, Gideon and Daegan is incredibly special. Then, the cautious, but definitely growing bond between Gideon and Daegan only amps up the emotional tension.
Both of the guys want it, but are afraid to reach for it. The last line of the book is so indicative of Daegan's feelings, which he has refrained from expressing throughout until that point.

Joey, I have two versions of Hallelujah already, Jeff Buckley's and K.D. Lang's. Now I am going to have to check out Rufus Wainwright's just because you mentioned it in the book. I must say , though, that I put on Kitaro as my background music for reading the novel , and it really worked.
The Silk Road I and II albums, plus his Dream album. I am not familiar with the Goo Goo Dolls tune you referenced, either, so will have to check that out. Better Days, I believe it was. I did get the Sand and Water reference.
Favorote quote from the book: pg. 161 "A lot of shit happened to everyone in the world. The only thing that kept anyone going was knowing that someone out there might need them. Someone who might give a shit what happened to them." This book was so much about someone having to muddle through what life throws at them. We all need to know that someone cares enough.

Thanks so much for such a lovely, lovely reading experience. Barbara
Back to top Go down
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 6:52 pm

Barbara, I so agree with you. It took me a little longer to read, only because I'm a little dyslexic, so I have to go back over things to make sure I get it right (and for other reasons...), but I emailed Joey and told her I wanted to highlight SO many things in this book.

I can hardly wait for book club night when we can talk about it. The tension building between Dagean Rei & Gideon is simply delicious. They both want what's best for Anwyn. I'm quite anxious to see how Joey is going to go about convincing them that it's both of them!!
Back to top Go down
behalf23
3rd Marked Servant
behalf23

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 6:57 pm

Yes, Terry, it's going to be so hard not to talk about it until book club night. Or at least until the bulk of the fan forum members have read it so we don't spoil things for them.
And there's nothing more stubborn than two men who refuse to admit feelings to/for each other.....
Back to top Go down
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:14 pm

ESPECIALLY Gideon! He ONLY puts up with Dagaen Rei because Anwyn wants him there. I mean, 1. He's a vampire and 2. He's a MALE vampire. Double whammy. Just LOVE the Joey doesn't back away from a complicated situation. She does the opposite, and goes into details. Details we can't live without.
Back to top Go down
Karen
Dedicated Fan
Dedicated Fan
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 8:38 pm

Ladies, a suggestion--

Why not start your own post that is just for discussing the book. You can even put a warning on the main forum page that would indicate people read it at their own risk. You know, spoilers within or something like that. Of course, I am not be entirely altruistic about this, in a day or two I will be able to join you!

Karen
Back to top Go down
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 8:59 pm

So far I don't think anyone's given away any spoilers. Everything I've read so far is generally known from excerpts available to the public. And everyone's usually real good about waiting for book club night to really discuss details. I'm just so sorry it's not in everyone's hands already. There do seem to be more than one topic devoted to VM, though, so take your pick! Just don't spoil anything for ones that don't have it yet until Book Club Night.

Sorry, hope I'm making sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vampire Mistress (Book #5)
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next