Fans of Joey W. Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME TO THE JOEY W. HILL FAN FORUM!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vampire Trinity Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lauralee
Fan
Fan
Lauralee

Vampire Trinity Review Empty
PostSubject: Vampire Trinity Review   Vampire Trinity Review Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 3:11 am

Hi, Remember me?? I was lucky enough to win a copy of the Vampire Trinity ARC from this site. So I am posting my review here first!!! Feel free to post your own review after mine.

Once again, Joey W. Hill has created a story that delves into the inner conflicts of her characters, stripping away their defenses and exposing their vulnerability sharper than any nakedness could do. In Vampire Trinity, she continues the journey of Gideon, Anwyn, and Deagan. Their less than orthodox relationship created under the dire circumstances in Vampire Mistress evolves into a complicated dance as each comes to terms with balancing the consequences and roles within the new relationship. Deagan, the warrior, must allow himself to be saved. Anwyn, the Mistress, must come to terms with her weaknesses, even as her new vampire strengths and desires assert themselves. And Gideon must come to terms with past before moving on to his future. United in their show of strength towards the Vampire Council, they develop a bond that is greater than blood and stronger than the demons that threaten their individual psyches. But is it strong enough to sustain a relationship that none of them truly understands?

This installment of the Vampire Queen series is heartbreaking in its ability to be raw and gritty, true to Gideon’s character. Mason and Jessica, Lyssa and Jacob—each had their inner demons to face. But the first was romantic and the second fantasy. Gideon and Deagan are warriors and Anwyn has been savagely raped. Hill kept her characters true to their roots and their stories individually were enough to fill a tragic play, but all three together created a maelstrom of emotion, ripping at the reader. Just when things would start to get comfortable—BAM—reality would rear its ugly head again. Who would stay and who would go, how horrible would the Council treat them, could Gideon accept the new Anwyn, could he accept his role alongside Deagan? All these questions are answered with nothing held back. The honesty each is forced to face along the journey is painstaking. The eroticism between them is hot and explosive, and I often found it a metaphor for the baring of their souls more than a love scene (as Jacob had in a Vampire Queen’s Servant). A great addition to the Joey W. Hill library.
Back to top Go down

Vampire Trinity Review
Page 1 of 1