Fans of Joey W. Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME TO THE JOEY W. HILL FAN FORUM!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave?

Go down 
+5
Fran
Sandy
Terry
Sunteller
ninapie
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ninapie
Fan
Fan

Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave? Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave?   Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 9:21 pm

Hi all! I enjoyed the excerpt of the upcoming book at Joey's website and also found another excerpt of it at Ellora's Cave. The one at EC comes from the beginning of the story and includes a bit of Peter and Dana. I am really looking forward to this book and seeing the Knights again!

I love Joey's books and know the Knights have a history of doing some "sharing" in a limited way, but the advisory at EC has me a little bit worried...

ninapie
Back to top Go down
Sunteller
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave?   Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 8:02 pm

I didn't know it was there until I read your post. I read it this morning and loved it. I can't wait for November 19 until I can read it all.
Back to top Go down
Terry
Mistress of the Boardroom

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave?   Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 10:57 pm

I think Joey mentioned this new excerpt on EC's site in a post under Excerpts - Afterlife, where she gave us an excerpt from further in the book. It sounds so good. Nov 19th can't come soon enough!!
study
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave?   Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 8:41 am

The 19Th will be here before we all know it. I cannot wait!!
Back to top Go down
Fran
2nd Marked Servant

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave?   Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 2:35 am

I just have and I can't wait for Afterlife to be released, I don't normally go with e-books, but I don't think I can wait until it comes out in print!
Back to top Go down
maryde
Region Master
Region Master
maryde

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave?   Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 6:06 am

That's where I'll be buying mine FRan... Smile
But you can't pre-order them... scratch scratch scratch wouldn't that be hilarious.... affraid
Actually that's where I first found Joey's books, then I bought them in hard copy from Amazon and other sites as well. I have all of them and many in both formats. Can't have too much of a good thing hey. Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Fran
2nd Marked Servant

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave?   Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 1:54 am

Yeh! Just preordered Vampires Instinct from Amazon in print. How can I get it in e-book format from Elloras Cave ( I know it sounds dumb, but I haven't done it before)
Back to top Go down
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave?   Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 10:08 am

Fran, Vampire's Instinct will be from Berkley Heat, not EC, so I'd keep an eye on their site. http://us.penguingroup.com/nf/Search/QuickSearchProc/1,,Author_1000070379,00.html I tried to embed the link, hope it works. I didn't see it (VI) listed as of yet, but it should show up eventually. Or I just don't know where to look for it at... there's always that. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fran
2nd Marked Servant

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave?   Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 7:27 pm

No it isn't showing up yet, but I'll keep a look out for it. How do I download Afterlife from EC onto my computer?
Back to top Go down
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave?   Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 9:06 pm

Sometime on or after Nov 19, just go to Ellora's Cave website, http://www.jasminejade.com/ps-8851-50-afterlife.aspx
and follow their directions about where to click to order online. You'll need to download a "reader" if you don't have one already to read on your pc or laptop. Don't worry, EC has one on their home page, and I used it for years. (I used the Microsoft eReader) Never fear, it's FREE.

After you order the ebook online, they will send it to you in an email, you download it to your computer from the email, and voila, you're reading it within minutes of ordering.

Hope that helps. Don't worry, EC's customer service is very helpful.

10 DAYS AND COUNTING!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
MasonLover
Dedicated Fan
Dedicated Fan

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave?   Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 1:38 pm

Hmmm there is something frustrating going on with Amazon and Afterlife. Usually I can pre order the upcoming releases, but this one is not showing up, either under Afterlife or under Joey's name. I am wondering if I need to wait for EC to release the Ebook first for Amazon to have the kindle version available....does anyone know?
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave?   Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 9:11 pm

MasonLover, from what noticed this ebook pre order thing with Amazon has been going on for about a year now. It is a pain in the ass! I guess it is all about contract negotiations with kindles/nooks/ereaders etc...

With regards to EC. I think (and I can be wrong) that they publish their books (electronically) first and then release to other book sites. I cannot remember what the time frame is for that but I think electronic does not have such a long wait as print.
If you are not familuar with EC. They have many steps to help you download for what ever media (is that the right word?) scratch you prefer to use.
Back to top Go down
maryde
Region Master
Region Master
maryde

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave?   Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 10:27 pm

Sandy you are right. usually e/c go with the e-book first
If you go to E/c *Jasmine enterprises* It comes up under *coming releases* and it is there. But release date says 19th, so we won't be able to buy till then. Smile)

I've never been able to pre-order the e-book format, only get it on the date or after it is released, But I have always been able to pre-ordr the print version some months in advance. But I thought Joey said After-life was only in E-book at E/C first.
*but I may be wrong guys,,*.

Fran, As far as downloading goes, it is really simple and (so far) safe. Just follow the easy instructions. A few houses are now supplying PAYPAL option so you do not have to send your card details, but not all of them Sad
Let us know if you have a problem. Smile
Back to top Go down
maryde
Region Master
Region Master
maryde

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave?   Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 10:30 pm

Mind you Fran.. you'll find most of Joey's books there anyhow, why not browse while you wait for A/L. Smile
Back to top Go down
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave?   Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 10:07 am

ONE WEEK FROM TODAY! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave? 2v3sbgy Cheerleader Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave? 2v3sbgy Cheerleader Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave? 2v3sbgy Cheerleader Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave? 2v3sbgy Cheerleader Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave? 2v3sbgy Cheerleader Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave? 2v3sbgy
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave?   Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:03 am

Terry you are so silly. But right about the Woo Hoo. Lol. I cannot wait either.
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave?   Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 2:33 am

Today!!!!!! Woooo Whoooo Butt
Back to top Go down
maryde
Region Master
Region Master
maryde

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave?   Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 6:22 am

What's the go...... It is Officially already 19th but no Afterlife.... Suspect Suspect
not that we are a pushy bunch of course.....
Us aussies are the silent quiet types...
Ummmm except for throwing telephones and stuff..... lol lo lol
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave?   Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 9:00 am

Mary, I think I mentioned this some place else. Sorry for the repeat. I think it has to be the 19th eastern or central time. Maybe between 6-8 am. I believe last time I was able to get it at 7 am eastern time.
Have you tried again?
Back to top Go down
browneyedgirl
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave?   Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 9:38 am

hi,
one question for joey i guess: will it only be available on Ellora's site or could i also buy it from amazon?
i had the hardest time ever actually finding afterlife on the EC site! No

thanks!
Not Worthy
Back to top Go down
Miss Mindy
Region Master
Region Master
Miss Mindy

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave?   Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 2:53 pm

Hi Browneyedgirl,
When Joey announced the release date for Afterlife she did mention that the digital copy of the book would be available on Amazon.com as well, since Ellora's Cave books are sold there as well. However, there appears to be a delay in when Amazon actually has it available as it's still not listed.
Not sure if you ever found it on EC but here is it's listing.
Back to top Go down
browneyedgirl
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave?   Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 5:18 pm

hi, miss mindy,

and thanks i eventually found it on EC but EC apparently doesn't like me. so i think i'll wait for amazon to put it up.

nice sig btw. i'm really looking forward to Ben's story as well Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave?   Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Has anyone else checked out Afterlife snippet at Ellora's Cave?
Page 1 of 1