Fans of Joey W. Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME TO THE JOEY W. HILL FAN FORUM!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Afterlife (Book 4)

Go down 
+13
musette
Preternatural Addict
behalf23
Saint Maria
Joey W. Hill
Shyness
browneyedgirl
Lauralee
Terry
paradise7
Fran
maryde
MistressKatishka
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MistressKatishka
Mistress of the Boardroom
MistressKatishka

Afterlife (Book 4) Empty
PostSubject: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 8:55 pm

From storywitch.com.....

“Kensington's Archangel" is what the Louisiana corporate world calls Jon Forte. Part of the five-man executive management team of Kensington & Associates, Jon is known for his calm and philosophical approach to volatile acquisition negotiations. He can persuade a business opponent to step willingly into a corner and then draw the sword that closes the deal. As a sexual Dominant, he brings those same talents of persuasion to bear in his personal life, a spiritually-driven Master who enjoys connecting with the soul of a woman while he wins her utter submission to his skills.

Rachel Madison, his yoga instructor and a physical therapist, is a closet submissive, badly damaged by a failed marriage and tragedy. She gave up seeking a Master years ago, and has walled her soul against ever going down that dangerous path again. Despite the fact Jon is thirteen years younger than she is, he threatens those shields the moment he joins her yoga class. Kensington’s Archangel is determined to win her surrender, and take her to Heaven in his arms. And he won’t hesitate to use the special talents of the rest of the K&A team to do just that.
Back to top Go down
maryde
Region Master
Region Master
maryde

Afterlife (Book 4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 4:41 pm

CAN'T WAIT. tyvm
Back to top Go down
Fran
2nd Marked Servant

Afterlife (Book 4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 5:53 pm

Just finished 'Honour Bound'- WOWW!! Can't wait to read Jon's story, wonder who Ben's sub will be when his story comes out?!
Back to top Go down
paradise7
Fan
Fan
paradise7

Afterlife (Book 4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 5:51 am

Ugh!!! Well fellow Femmes... I STILL haven't gotten Afterlife. I didn't realize right away that it was only available in eBook format. I have the AMAZON KINDLE APP on my iPhone and the book is not yet available thru Amazon. I want to buy it via Ellora's Cave but I can't be certain I'll get it in a format that's compatible with the app on my phone. Sad

Does anyone have any idea when Afterlife will be available via Amazon? Or if the format offered via Ellora's Cave is definitely something I can access and read via the Amazon Kindle iPhone app?

I'm dying to read this book!!!! HELP!!!

~Krystina

No
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/paradise7
maryde
Region Master
Region Master
maryde

Afterlife (Book 4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 4:52 pm

Krystina

Sorry I do not have the kindle... but I feel your pain.
what formatt does it read in.?

My reader only reads Mobipocket so I buy the book I want. Download in HTML, PDF ,couple of others, and then I go to Mobipocket creator and re-formatt the files to Mobipocket, this allows me to then apply that file to my reader.

Maybe you could look at that option if it is available?
... then you do not HAVE to always buy from Amazon.

When I was looking for E- readers, that was ONE of the drawbacks I did notlike with the kindle.. I had to buy books only from Amazon. and here is so much more out there to experience....
the other one was they were not available in AUSTRALIA at the time. Now they are, but I do not know if it is exclusive to AMAZON files..
Some of the ladies here have them too, they may be able to help you.
I-phone should be able to adapt different files????
My son is in to that stuff....he hleped me with my CY-BOOK.

M
Back to top Go down
Terry

Afterlife (Book 4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 11:24 pm

Krystina,

In the Tea Leaves Lounge, there is a topic on Afterlife, and Miss Mindy posted the following;

OK, Helen...I'm too weak....broke down...
went to the app store and downloaded a free ePub reader called 'Stanza', then got the ePub version on EC...

Don't know if that helps you any or not, but thought I would let you know I saw that elsewhere...
Back to top Go down
paradise7
Fan
Fan
paradise7

Afterlife (Book 4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 3:43 pm

Miss Terry & Miss Maryde ---

Thank you ever so, for the suggestions. I'll look into them.
I'm still researching...I'm hoping what they say about denying oneself of pleasure is somewhat true. That would mean finally getting to read Afterlife will be that much more of an intense release. LOL I WILL get this book one way or another.

Hope you're all having a fantastic Thanksgiving weekend!
Krystina
Back to top Go down
Fran
2nd Marked Servant

Afterlife (Book 4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 3:30 am

Krystina,
If you're still having trouble downloading it, I can e-mail it to you as I have downloaded it to my PC. Lil\' Mistress
Back to top Go down
paradise7
Fan
Fan
paradise7

Afterlife (Book 4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 4:25 am

Miss Fran...

THANK YOU so much for offering...but I want to support Joey and actually purchase the book. I don't mind waiting. I'm trying to be patient Smile It will be available to me soon, I hope.

Smile Krystina
Back to top Go down
paradise7
Fan
Fan
paradise7

Afterlife (Book 4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 4:26 am

Or I could just STHU and buy it via Ellora's Cave and just read it via my computer. LOL I'm being a stubborn little Vixen, I know. Wink
Back to top Go down
Fran
2nd Marked Servant

Afterlife (Book 4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 4:38 am

That's what I ended up doing( had to get help with the technical side of it from my tech savvy daughter). Still intend to get it when it comes out in print format, so I can add to my collection! Lil\' Mistress
Back to top Go down
Terry

Afterlife (Book 4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 11:07 am

Fran & Krystina, I get the ebook as soon as it's available, then I order the print book once it's available. Joey is the only author I have to do this for, and I HAVE to do it. I have no patience or will power where her work is involved.
study lol!
Back to top Go down
MistressKatishka
MistressKatishka

Afterlife (Book 4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 1:51 pm

This book was absolutely incredible!! Everyone here on the forum knows by now that I'm a Matt Kensington girl, but Jon..... *fans self and has a double shot of rum even at this early hour of the day* That man was a lush treat. Joey delivered once again, but that is no surprise. Everything she writes turns out to be an incredible story with heart wrenching emotion and unforgettable characters.

I had known I was going to get sucked into this one because aside from the vamps, the Knights of the Boardroom are my favorite series by Joey. And sure enough, I ended up sitting at my comp with the book on the screen for the next 36 hours. Only time I stopped reading was when I had to, and believe me it wasn't allot. Sleep was not even a factor cause it was dawn before I finally gave it up that first night. That scene in Afterlife where Jon brought Rachel to his home and used her as a test subject for his latest virtual Karma Sutra invention, THAT WAS HOT!!!! I read that one twice in the first sitting. Absolutely brilliant. Your imagination knows no bounds, Author Mistress.

I find the Knights particulary interesting cause I still believe our Author Mistress might have videos cameras set up around my house or even some kind of chip she injected into the sweet asses of my cubs so she cold keep tabs on them!! I always feel a kinship to these 5 men, each for a different reason. Jon made my heart lurch and my skin erupt in shivers when he had Rachel kneel beside him and remain there as he worked through his drawing/day. Just to have her there, to pet and tease as he pleases. This is a frequent doing in my household, by far one of the most intimate times I spend with my precious ones. So give it up already Joey!! I know you are spying on my ass!! LOL!! I knew it when I read Board Resolution! Am going to send my pets to NC and have you kidnapped you naughty woman!! Very Happy I'll have them strap you to a chair and we'll force Bens book right out of you cause I GOT TO HAVE ME MORE KNIGHTS!!! I've already read Afterlife twice and am working on the third read through, but I WANT MORE!!!! I NEED MORE!!!!

Seriously here, this book was incredible and so much more then I aniticipated. I knew it would be good but I didn't think it would THIS good! Should be damn proud of yourself, Author Mistress!!

Terry- I can concure. Joey is the first Author I've ever purchased eBook for, my preference is print books cause I like having my shelves full of all my favs. But when it comes to Joey I have no patience and rather then wait on the printed versions I now buy the eBooks. So right now *looks at my shelf where all Joeys printed works are lined up* There is a big, fucking gaping hole drawing my attention right where "Afterlife" should be!!!
Back to top Go down
Fran
2nd Marked Servant

Afterlife (Book 4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 7:40 pm

I agree!
Back to top Go down
Lauralee
Fan
Fan
Lauralee

Afterlife (Book 4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 12:43 am

Fran wrote:
Can't wait to read Jon's story, wonder who Ben's sub will be when his story comes out?!

Is is a bad thing that I spend the entirety of rush hour traffic fantasizing a fanfic about Ben and his sub???? Forget the fanfic, I just fantasize.

Okay, off to get Afterlife. I have a kindle, and I often buy stuff to download it to my computer, then just convert the file and send it to my kindle. It's wonderful erotic to sit at a nice restaurant reading my Joey. My own dirty little secret.....
Back to top Go down
Fran
2nd Marked Servant

Afterlife (Book 4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 7:11 am

Woww- Ben and Marcies story! Can't wait! Lil\' Mistress
Back to top Go down
browneyedgirl
Fan
Fan

Afterlife (Book 4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 2:53 pm

i'm afraid that despite my best efforts i still haven't been able to buy "afterlife". i'm suspended somewhere between Sad and Pissed
paypal is just atrocious! a big word of advice to anyone thinking of trusting them with your information: DON'T! stay away! my account is blocked their CS is simply unresponsive and i can't even delete my cc information. they're horrible, horrible, horrible! i regret the day i decided to set up an account with them (which was 2 weeks ago)
at the same time EC won't allow me to buy directly with my cc. Switch
i'm back to the disillusioned state i was when trying to buy "vampire mistress".
i'm really disappointed by publishers, epayment services and online bookstores geared only towards US buyers (hello!!!! there are millions of us outside that one country) Angry Villagers

sorry for the (second) rant. but i'm convinced there are more like me out there and it's incredibly frustrating not to be able to scale that damned wall (again)!
Back to top Go down
Terry

Afterlife (Book 4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 10:07 pm

browneyedgirl, I don't blame you! I'd be furious & fuming and I don't know what if I were in your shoes. I don't begin to understand international currency issues, but I thought you could buy anything worldwide with the use of a credit card. Guess that's just a marketing ploy to get us to buy one company's card over another.

I know it won't help, but maybe hopefully they'll get the issues straightened out, and you'll get your hands on Afterlife soon!!

Back to top Go down
Fran
2nd Marked Servant

Afterlife (Book 4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 12:46 am

Browneyedgirl- Sorry to hear about your trouble with Afterlife, I'm happy to e-mail it to you if you want
Back to top Go down
browneyedgirl
Fan
Fan

Afterlife (Book 4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:48 am

thanks terry and fran! i'm not really optimistic.
and thanks fran for the offer but the whole point is to support my favourite author. as incredible as it sounds i actually want to pay for the book. i am sure it can be procured through all sorts of means and that's why i'm so pissed at these publishers and stores.
they just keep their heads in a box and refuse to see outside it. and it only hurts the writer. because if you impose restrictions on a certain book, what you get is not higher profits and exclusivity but fewer buyers.

and with paypal... if i ever get the mess sorted out (honestly i fee as if they're holding all the information they've requested from me hostage) the first thing i'm most likely to do is close the account for good.

*sigh* thanks again for your support galls! Smile
Back to top Go down
Fran
2nd Marked Servant

Afterlife (Book 4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 5:16 am

I hope it's sorted out soon, Afterlife is an awesome book
Back to top Go down
Shyness
Territory Overlord
Territory Overlord
Shyness

Afterlife (Book 4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 10:09 am

OK... You can imagine the excitement as I checked Amazon once again (for the bazillionth time since Nov 19th) and guess what... Afterlife in Kindle format was finally there. OMG... soooo excited!!! Then.... came crashing disappointment. Krystina if you are still looking or waiting... Congratulations. But, Browneyedgirl... don't get your hopes up. I signed in and found out that "This title is not available for customers from Australia", when I click on the "more information"... it's due to copyright restrictions. Fucking copyright bullshit again. Seem to run into this so often with things from the US. So, Browneyedgirl... not sure what country you are from but you could be in the same boat as well and this news may not be what you were looking for. I'm guessing any country not America may be in the same situation. For me, this is the first Joey W Hill book I can't buy as Kindle through Amazon. All the others are available. Must be some new super secret policy they've started. Awesome.
Back to top Go down
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

Afterlife (Book 4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 1:08 pm

It's so frustrating when I hear you guys are having these kinds of problems. I wish I could make it easier! The one thing I tell myself when I'm having similar problems is that so much has changed, so fast, because of all the new technology, and there's a lot of glitches to work out. Hopefully, sometime in the near future, we'll look back at all these aggravations as a thing firmly in the past.

However, in the meantime - the only hope I can offer with respec to the Kindle version of Afterlife is what I noted on the other thread a few minutes ago. When I go to the Afterlife page on Amazon, I guess because I'm on a U.S. server, it notes in the sidebar that the book is currently not available to United States buyers, either, and there's no pricing info available. That suggests, since it's just appeared at Amazon, that something is being loaded/in process (course, why you'd make the page live before someone can buy the book through it is beyond me, but there you go). However, when they get it resolved, hopefully that may resolve things for overseas buyers as well, especially since, as Shyness pointed out, this is the first EC book she's had the problem with.

I'll keep an eye on it on my end of things, and when it becomes "available" for U.S. buyers, I'll check back and see if you're able to get it from that end. If not, I can check with EC and see what may be happening with Amazon on this.

So sorry about the problems, guys! Particularly you, brown-eyed girl - know you have to be tearing your hair out. Sad Hope you'll be able to work out a payment option with EC that will work, but if you run into an insurmountable wall, let me know off list and I'll see what I can do to help!

Back to top Go down
browneyedgirl
Fan
Fan

Afterlife (Book 4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 5:12 pm

Shyness, I noticed Shocked Believe it or not i actually had the same reaction as you and i posted my frustration but then i noticed it's not available in any region. so i deleted the post Embarassed
just like Ms Hill points out, i think it's because they're loading it for monday. fingers crossed! so far the EC books i know of haven't been plagued by the horrendous restrictions.
and thanks Ms. Hill but i'm erm... hopeful (yeah, i am shocked too What a Face ) that it will be available tomorrow.
i imagine it must be just as frustrating to actually +know+ that your fans can't buy your books.

ugh! i'll need lots oh om-ing and backpacks of patience if i have to go through the same roller coaster with Ben's story.

and thanks for your patience with us! Not Worthy
Back to top Go down
Fran
2nd Marked Servant

Afterlife (Book 4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 5:17 pm

If its any help to anyone, I got my copy of Afterlife in e-book format from Elloras Cave (first time I've done it as I prefer print format), it wasn't that hard. I still intend to get it when it comes out in print format to go with my collection!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Afterlife (Book 4) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Afterlife (Book 4)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next