Fans of Joey W. Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME TO THE JOEY W. HILL FAN FORUM!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Afterlife (Book 4)

Go down 
+13
musette
Preternatural Addict
behalf23
Saint Maria
Joey W. Hill
Shyness
browneyedgirl
Lauralee
Terry
paradise7
Fran
maryde
MistressKatishka
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Shyness
Territory Overlord
Territory Overlord
Shyness

Afterlife (Book 4) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 2:42 am

OK... Things seem to be sorted on my end with Amazon. Pricing info for Afterlife is now there and I can grab it.

Looks like I jumped the gun again. Rolling Eyes Getting all pissy on half the facts when I should have been more patient. I have to stop doing that. I usually keep a lid on most of my unfounded outbursts but the odd one does still slip through when my threshold for stoopid is low. Sorry 'bout that. Embarassed

Joey W. Hill wrote:
When I go to the Afterlife page on Amazon, I guess because I'm on a U.S. server, it notes in the sidebar that the book is currently not available to United States buyers, either, and there's no pricing info available. That suggests, since it's just appeared at Amazon, that something is being loaded/in process (course, why you'd make the page live before someone can buy the book through it is beyond me, but there you go).

I agree that it's a bit weird to have the ebook showing online if no-one can get it. I know they do that for pre-orders of print books but you think they'd at least have the real reason attached to the ebook of why it's not available (i.e. not available until Monday) instead of saying a vague statement like "copyright restrictions". I suppose I was a little predisposed because there are a few other books (none of Joey's) that I've tried to get in the past that have permanent "copyright restrictions" attached to them and it drives me up the wall that I can't get them.
Back to top Go down
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 8:13 am

Shyness, no worries at all. I've been guilty of that WAY more than once (laughter). Plus, in all fairness, the misleading message of "copyright restrictions" made it a reasonable conclusion. There've been a lot of things happening like Brown-Eyed Girl described as the publishers and ebook distributors try to figure out their gameplan with respect to overseas sales, so your conclusion was a totally understandable one. Just glad this aspect of it worked out!

And BEG, I'm just happy that YOU guys have enough patience (or impatience, as the case may be!) to persevere in trying to buy my books, no matter the aggravations!

Fran, thanks for that additional guidance for folks trying to get their hands on it. :>
Back to top Go down
browneyedgirl
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:29 am

hi, guys, in light of all the fuss (i kicked up :p ) i needed to add that yes afterlife was finally available.
and i have a confession to make Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed after reading the sample, and much agonizing, i decided that at the moment i was not in the right frame of mind for traumatized subs. i deserve a good spanking... i know Switch
my kind of sub-master story is where the sub is just as strong as the master/mistress (see Mac, see Jacob, see Dana)

but... but! fear not! i did make a purchase! namely "a witch's beauty" which is one of my old time favourites from ms. hill and which i realised i didn't have in kindle format. from the knights, the one that interests me is Ben and not to pile any additional pressure on ms. hill, i'm really hoping he'll get a handful in marcie.

see ya and thanks for everything!
Back to top Go down
Fran
2nd Marked Servant

PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 5:26 pm

I loved Jon and Rachels story, just wanted to "punch her ex's lights out when he confronted her outside the club"- but I'm a lover not a fighter so I'll leave it to the KoTB!!
Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 10:47 am

Joey,

Do have a release date as to when this book will be released on print? I have it on ebook but I am just checking on the print status for Afterlife. Thanks!!! SM
Back to top Go down
Terry
Mistress of the Boardroom
Mistress of the Boardroom

PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 1:06 pm

Saint Maria wrote:
Joey,

Do have a release date as to when this book will be released on print? I have it on ebook but I am just checking on the print status for Afterlife. Thanks!!! SM

Saint Maria, trying to remember, I think Joey said probably summer 2011, but we'll just keep our eyes and ears anxiously open for EC to announce it.
Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 4:18 pm

Thanks, Terry!!! I will wait to hear from either our beloved Author Mistress or if EC lets us know!! I do not want to bug Joey too much since after all my posting on the Ben and Marcie thread I am sure that she thinks I am the world's number one pest. Well, I just love Ben... he just is so yummy and I cannot wait to see Marcie knock that smug "Irish Panther" right out of his comfort zone.

He has been blasting all the other guys, Matt, Jon, Peter and Lucus, for all this falling in love business and them getting the old "ball and chain" attached. I just cannot wait to see his own reaction when it happens to him. Maybe since there will be a few years, I am guessing at least three years between Afterlife and Ben's book since we know that Marcie needs that to finish her schooling, Jon and Rachel will marrying and very happy after their rough road to getting together. I am still hoping that Rachel and Jon are blessing with a little baby as well and that someone, soimeone give her ex husband a good butt kicking!!! I would love to see that as vingette!!!!
Back to top Go down
behalf23
3rd Marked Servant
behalf23

PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 5:09 pm

lol!

ditto Saint Maria on the exhusband's butt kicking vignette -- hope Joey takes note!
Back to top Go down
Fran
2nd Marked Servant

PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 7:36 pm

Yeh, I can think of a few punishments for the "ex" and NONE of it would be pleasurable at all!!
Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 7:21 pm

So, Joey, what do you think? Can the ex get a good KNOTB butt kicking or maybe just an encounter with them so he understands what to do and maybe what NOT to do going forward in reference to Rachel. Does this make sense?
Back to top Go down
Fran
2nd Marked Servant

PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 1:39 am

Sure makes sense to me. You know what they say "Revenge is a dish best served cold" !!
Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 7:02 pm

I agree and a little teser story about the Knights and Cole and them dishing up the revenage a little cold would be pretty cool as far as I am concerned. So many great little stories that we coiuld see.

I am very interested to see what Joey and her little muse might serve up to us as a warm up between now and when Ben's book does release later on this year. Lots of little story archs you could do if indeed the timeframe is over 3 years between Afterlife and HT So, I guess we will see again, which way the muse points us in....

LOL, SM
Back to top Go down
Fran
2nd Marked Servant

PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 6:42 am

oooohhh! When is Bens book being released?
Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 8:58 am

Fran,

I am guessing sometime this fall. I think she is working on Arcane Shot right now and then maybe Ben and Marcie after that so. So, if it like Jon's book, it will be sometme in the fall.

LOL,,

SM
Back to top Go down
Fran
2nd Marked Servant

PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 9:05 am

Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 9:19 pm

No problem!! Here is hoping that our beloved Author Misstress will slip us little details and teasers as she is writing the book. Love that!! Much fun, but again, I am very much trying to be not too much of a pest to Joey. Ben is my fav Knight, I seem to have a liking to the hardcore ones, and I am very excited to see him finally meet his match, both in and out of the sack.

LOL, SM
Back to top Go down
Fran
2nd Marked Servant

PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 9:26 pm

Just ordered my copy of Afterlife in print. finally its here Yeh! tyvm tyvm tyvm
Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 10:45 pm

You guys OK over there, Fran? No one hurt in your area with all the earthquakes? SM
Back to top Go down
maryde
Region Master
Region Master
maryde

PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 5:51 am

Hey Fran... long time no hear? Razz Razz Razz where you been???

Thanks for the concern Sm we are fine here on the east coast of Australia.... Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Fran
2nd Marked Servant

PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 9:21 am

maryde wrote:
Hey Fran... long time no hear? Razz Razz Razz where you been???

Thanks for the concern Sm we are fine here on the east coast of Australia.... Razz Razz Razz

Yeh, a combination of real life and 2 teenagers (girls), a deadly combination! Everything is sorted now, fingers crossed! Boy, I've missed this place and everyone here. Can't wait for my print book to arrive. Whats new with all Joey fans, what have I missed?
Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 6:51 pm

Me!! Well, I kinda got into a little trouble with Mistress Kat when I admitted that I had no idea who Daegan and Giagon where. She was not pleased and it looked like I was about to get a spanking there!

But, she knows that I am Master Ben's love slave!! He can spank me anytime! I got into Joey's stuff via the Knights and I am going to the NOD series next! I am not bit on the vampies, but do think that I will read this Daegan and Giagon vingette. Sounds like they are going to go a few rounds per Joey and not am not sure if that mean that they will be boxing or something else. So, we will have to see!!

After that, she is going to be doing a vingette for Master Ben. The one with him and that little reporter that coined them the Knights. She says she needs to do it before Hostile Takeover comes out since I guess she think that Marcie kinda might be a little upset of reading about her man and another woman. Cannot say that I blame her; I am thinking Marcie might not be a good person to piss off.

Hope you are good, Fran and it is nice to see you back. LOL, SM
Back to top Go down
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 8:53 am

I put this under Tyler's Dungeon, but thought I'd also post this here, for my Jon fans (wink) -

Hey, everyone! I'm doing a blog post on "A Different Kind of Dom" at Selena Illyria's blog today - direct link http://bit.ly/hnjc8s. I'm talking about Jon of Afterlife! (Be sure and use direct link, because if you just go to her blog directly, you'll have to scroll down to March 23 to see it). No giveaway associated with this one, but you're welcome to read and leave comments anyway! Hope you like my view of Jon, and share your own...
Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 8:06 pm

Got my print copy of Afterlife!!! Cool!! Now reading that one again and Cherise Sinclair's Masters of the Moutains. Hot Stuff!!
Back to top Go down
Fran
2nd Marked Servant

PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 7:02 am

"Masters of the Mountains"? Haven't heard of that one, but I'll check it out. What is it about?
Back to top Go down
behalf23
3rd Marked Servant
behalf23

PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 10:28 am

Fran;
For Cherise Sinclair titles see www.loose-id.com. She's a wonderful author.
She has two series, the first (and best IMHO) starts with Bk. 1 Club Shadowlands, then continues in Masters of the Shadowlands Dark Citadel, MOtS Breaking Free, MOtS Lean on Me and MOts Make Me, Sir. She has the five books so far and it looks like she will continue.
Saint Maria is referring to Cherise's second series, that has Master of the Mountain and then Master of the Abyss. She also has a stand alone title The Dom's Dungeon. I like the second series also, but prefer the MOtS series.
She's a very perceptive writer, and of course, all her titles are BDSM.
If you are familiar with loose id books, you know that they have a great web site with tons of titles. Barbara
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Afterlife (Book 4)   Afterlife (Book 4) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Afterlife (Book 4)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next