Fans of Joey W. Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME TO THE JOEY W. HILL FAN FORUM!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vampire Instinct (Book #7)

Go down 
+14
doris gomez
Loviatar
Pyper541
ashN
pat
Saint Maria
raeann
HelenB
Sandy
Joey W. Hill
Fran
musette
Aleah
MistressKatishka
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

Vampire Instinct (Book #7) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Instinct (Book #7)   Vampire Instinct (Book #7) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 1:29 pm

BR fan - The NOD series remains a personal favorite, because they were the books that really launched my career and taught me a great deal about writing deep from inside. As I noted in the previous comment, they were also the books where the muse taught me to not be limited by a particular subgenre (Male Dom only, etc), but go where the creative impulse led me. And the part you're discussing, the connection between the Daughters of Arianne and NOD, that brought tears to my eyes as well when it unfolded. Glad you shared that experience.

Doris, I'm not surprised at all. You write such insightful, interesting reviews, I'm sure it won't be the last comment you receive - and a lot of times even if you don't receive comments, people who are reading in a certain genre who like your reviews will start looking for them, to see what you think of certain books. My husband does that in deciding what books he wants to choose on his Audible account.

SM, hope that you're enjoying Marguerite and Tyler's story. And Musette and BR, you've probably heard me say, I LOVE Rough Canvas. Still go back to that book to kick off the creative juices when I get stuck. Just something about Marcus and Thomas, the way they interacted, the complexity of Thomas's relationship with his mother, etc...it was a story that just worked on so many levels, an author's dream - wish they all flowed that easily! (grin)
Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Instinct (Book #7)   Vampire Instinct (Book #7) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 1:42 pm

Joey,

I love the NOD so far. Right at the end of it so I need to move my butt and get on to Mirror of my Soul. I am reading in order so I will go to Misstress of Redemption after that, then Rough Canvas and finally BS. SM
Back to top Go down
Boardroom Fan
2nd Marked Servant
Boardroom Fan

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Instinct (Book #7)   Vampire Instinct (Book #7) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 9:37 pm

Joey,
Thank you so much for your response to our posts. It is still so special to me that you take the time to read everything and respond. tyvm I'm definitely not an author, but Rough Canvas and Thomas and Marcus also works for me on many levels. I have read it many times and I expect to read it many more!

I hope that things have improved on the family front. I am sure you know that you are in everyone's thoughts and prayers.
Back to top Go down
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Instinct (Book #7)   Vampire Instinct (Book #7) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 11:16 pm

Maria, that's wonderful - glad to hear that! (smile) And BR, thank you as well. What a lovely thing to say. I probably start sounding redundant, but when you all give me the feedback you do, it's a gift beyond measure, so I'm glad to give a portion of that feeling back! And thanks for the good thoughts on Mom and me.
Back to top Go down
jenna1313
Fan
Fan
jenna1313

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Instinct (Book #7)   Vampire Instinct (Book #7) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 10:19 pm

Ok, first....Joey, I really loved reading Eliza and Mal's story. But Jeremiah, had me SOBBING. My kids came home and were like, "whats wrong with you?" When they are older, I will share your stories with them. Only teens now.
I enjoy your work so much. You find the spirit in the character and bring them to light. Good, bad, and otherwise. It is the universal humanity and love that keeps me coming back. Thank you.
And btw, for the forum, I think the best NOD book is Mistress of Redemption. Although it was Mac and Violet that brought me to the series.
Back to top Go down
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Instinct (Book #7)   Vampire Instinct (Book #7) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 4:07 pm

Jenna, I think you are the first person to say that, about MOR. Not that people didn't have good things to say about the book; it just wasn't the most "feel good" book of the series (smile). I was very proud of Jonathan's story, because it was a serious craft challenge, but as I always say, it's more "love story" than "romance". So thank you for giving it that accolade! Thank you as well for that wonderful reaction to Mal and Elisa's story. You weren't alone in the tissue consumption on Jeremiah. I was right there with you, WHILE trying to type in edits...sniffle, sniffle, tap, tap, tap, sniffle, wail, sniffle, tap, tap, tap (grin). Thanks again...
Back to top Go down
SuzyR
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Instinct (Book #7)   Vampire Instinct (Book #7) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 9:35 pm

Another fabulous book. I love how your stories are never just one thing. There are so many elements to each story, so many twists and turns. When something comes up for me that is so unexpected, I stop and say to myself, whoa, how did she think of that. You are amazing. Loved it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Instinct (Book #7)   Vampire Instinct (Book #7) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vampire Instinct (Book #7)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3