Fans of Joey W. Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME TO THE JOEY W. HILL FAN FORUM!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1)

Go down 
+6
SiNn
cindylovesangels
MysAndyCat
Sandy
biteMARwhipMAR
VampireTemptressJaime
10 posters
AuthorMessage
VampireTemptressJaime
Mistress of the Boardroom
VampireTemptressJaime

A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1) Empty
PostSubject: A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1)   A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 3:07 am

From storywitch.com

Some destinies are made to be denied… As the Prime Legion Commander for the Goddess, Jonah has been battling the Dark Ones for centuries. He has led countless angels into battle, and has seen too many of them slaughtered. Now, his noble spirit has begun to tire with the weight of endless war—which allows a Dark One to strike a blow that severs his wing and knocks him into the sea.

Anna is a Daughter of Arianne — a direct descendant of the mermaid whose poignant legend and lore is much darker and more complex than the human-made fairytale. For tragedy and isolation are the fate of all the Daughters of Arianne. Anna’s longing for love compels her to risk her very life to protect and hide the fallen Jonah. And the longer Jonah delays his return to the heavens, the more Anna’s secret passions are tempted.

Anna knows that Jonah’s destiny lies beyond her desire—and that if she repeats her ancestor’s mistakes, heartache will be her only reward. But as she falls more in love with him, Anna wonders if she’s destined to lose her heart and her dreams to save Jonah’s soul…
Back to top Go down
biteMARwhipMAR
2nd Marked Servant

PostSubject: Re: A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1)   A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 10:06 pm

Anna is so sweet and kind but in alot of ways I feel that this books is just a precurser to David and Mina's story. Now this isn't to say that I don't love this book because I do.
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1)   A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 4:22 pm

I caught myself crying because Anna is so sweet. I am such a sap at times. I think it's hormonal...well at least that is what I tell people when they see blubbering like a fool when I am reading. Embarassed

Sandy
Back to top Go down
biteMARwhipMAR
2nd Marked Servant

PostSubject: Re: A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1)   A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 4:25 pm

I just tell people to avert their eyes and keep movin'! I find that works fo me...
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1)   A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 5:26 pm

I might do that are look at them really nasty (my morning going to work face) and ask them, "what cha lookin at"?
If I am nasty then I do not have to worry about an excuse. LOL

Good thinking Mar.

Sandy
Back to top Go down
biteMARwhipMAR
2nd Marked Servant

PostSubject: Re: A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1)   A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 5:28 pm

you could never have a nasty work face Sandy! You're always so sweet to me first thing in the morning......
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1)   A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 5:42 pm

You are sharing to much Mar, sharing to much. LOL

Sandy
Back to top Go down
biteMARwhipMAR
2nd Marked Servant

PostSubject: Re: A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1)   A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 6:18 pm

They need to know where we stand Sandy. I can't have them interferring with our relationship! You know how I loathe beating down bitches...oh..wait...thats totally a lie. I LIVE to beat down bitches. LMAO!
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1)   A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 6:25 pm

Mar really does love beating down bitches. I think I get an offer twice maybe three times a week from her. *whispering looking over my shoulder* It's a little scary at times.

Sandy
Back to top Go down
biteMARwhipMAR
2nd Marked Servant

PostSubject: Re: A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1)   A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 6:35 pm

LMAO! They SHOULD be scared! Never you Sandy *muttered* unless you push me.

Awesome!
MAR
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1)   A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 7:02 pm

I like to push just a little Mar. Wink I like when things get a little spicy.

Sandy
Back to top Go down
biteMARwhipMAR
2nd Marked Servant

PostSubject: Re: A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1)   A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 7:08 pm

OOOHHH a little spicy huh? hmmmm. any thoughts on how spicy?
Back to top Go down
MysAndyCat
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1)   A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 4:08 pm

This is the book that got me started on Joey. The famous one in which I cried, and so hated to put the book down, because I was down with it. I wanted MORE!!! And there is!!!
Back to top Go down
cindylovesangels
Fan
Fan
cindylovesangels

PostSubject: Re: A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1)   A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 7:39 pm

I remember reading all of the Vampire Queen series and looked at this series forever...then one day I picked Jonah and Anna's story and was hooked immediately...I cried too. Damn I hope this series continues...I can't stand to think it's over.
Back to top Go down
SiNn
2nd Marked Servant
SiNn

PostSubject: Re: A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1)   A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 6:30 am

lol Sandy ill watch ur back whistlen this serie ssounds awesome for sure
Back to top Go down
maryde
Region Master
Region Master
maryde

PostSubject: Re: A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1)   A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 5:22 am

biteMARwhipMAR wrote:
I just tell people to avert their eyes and keep movin'! I find that works fo me...

Hey Mar... i suppose you just give them *the eye*
lol! lol! lol!

*sorry* having nightmares just thinking of it watching me... affraid affraid affraid
mary
Back to top Go down
maryde
Region Master
Region Master
maryde

PostSubject: Re: A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1)   A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 5:24 am

I loved a Mermaid's Kiss.
I love the dominating Hero who wants to save his love...
I like my females to be a little submissive but not *ning-nongs*
(dumb- blonde-bimbos)
I love it when the hero charges in and saves her...
AHhhhh...

But I was really afraid when Jonah was turning to the *dark side*
And then when Anna * don't know if I am giving too much away * just incase someone has not read it yet?
Mary
Back to top Go down
mvefnatic68
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1)   A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 7:33 pm

i loved jonah and anna's story. i hope this series continues because i want to find out what happens with clara and marcellus and if mina is pregnant with david's baby.
Back to top Go down
Maria_Cristina
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1)   A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 1:14 am

Just got this one in from a book swap on Goodreads. I should be able to start it in a few days.
Back to top Go down
http://riacruzauthor.blogspot.com/
Sandy
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1)   A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 12:38 am

You will love it
Back to top Go down
Minuet
Fan
Fan
Minuet

PostSubject: Tears, Sighs and More Tears   A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1) Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 12:11 pm

I bawled my eyes out!!! And loved every heart-rending second!

Themes of deep-seated loneliness and longing on the part of the heroine will always get me, but this story does many flips between the male and female emotional perspective so frequently and so well that I cried for both Jonah and Anna!

A Great read!
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1)   A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 12:08 am

Joey so knows how to go there. It was beautiful. I enjoyed this book immensely (dear god I hoped I used this word right. Lol) and like you cried my eyes out and loved every moment of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1)   A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Mermaid's Kiss (Book #1)
Page 1 of 1