Fans of Joey W. Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME TO THE JOEY W. HILL FAN FORUM!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Natural Law (Book #2)

Go down 
+19
virginia59
Saint Maria
Aleah
Tabitha
Rebekah
Boardroom Fan
Karen
2shy2play
Crys
browneyedgirl
MasonLover
MistressKatishka
behalf23
Sandy
BiteMe
Dannyfiredragon
Terry
Jennifer Leeland
VampireTemptressJaime
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
VampireTemptressJaime
Mistress of the Boardroom
VampireTemptressJaime

Natural Law (Book #2) Empty
PostSubject: Natural Law (Book #2)   Natural Law (Book #2) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 3:13 pm

From storywitch.com

Mackenzie "Mac" Nighthorse is a highly respected homicide detective and a career cop. There isn’t a dangerous situation that can back him down. However, the personal becomes uncomfortably entangled in the professional when he goes undercover in a high class BDSM club as a male submissive to find a Dominatrix who is winning the trust and then murdering her chosen partners. When his path crosses Violet Siemanski’s, he realizes he’s found a Mistress willing to be his ally in finding the murderess. But Violet is also going to shatter Mac’s shields and make him question who he is and what he wants, a challenge more disturbing than any case he’s ever worked.
Back to top Go down
Jennifer Leeland
Dedicated Fan
Dedicated Fan
Jennifer Leeland

PostSubject: Re: Natural Law (Book #2)   Natural Law (Book #2) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 10:42 pm

Best. Book. EVAH!!!

This is the book that introduced me to Joey W. Hill.
I was on Romance Divas (another forum) and there was a discussion about why male submissives weren't popular with readers.

I made the comment that I didn't see how a man could be a submissive and still be sexy.

Someone there directed me to "Natural Law".

That began a love affair with her books that has endured ever since.
Back to top Go down
http://jenniferleeland.com
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Natural Law (Book #2)   Natural Law (Book #2) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 11:29 pm

Yeah, definitely NOTHING wimpy about Joey's male submissives. What was that phrse she used once, they're like Palace Guards attending to their Princess? Yum!
Back to top Go down
Dannyfiredragon
1st Marked Servant
Dannyfiredragon

PostSubject: Re: Natural Law (Book #2)   Natural Law (Book #2) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 12:01 pm

This was my first BDSM book ever and it is still my favorite. Mac is such an Alpha hero, but also so wonderful submissive. It's a great mixture
Back to top Go down
http://loveromancesandmore.blogspot.com/
BiteMe
Dedicated Fan
Dedicated Fan
BiteMe

PostSubject: Re: Natural Law (Book #2)   Natural Law (Book #2) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 3:38 am

Jennifer Leeland wrote:
Best. Book. EVAH!!!

This is the book that introduced me to Joey W. Hill.
I was on Romance Divas (another forum) and there was a discussion about why male submissives weren't popular with readers.

I made the comment that I didn't see how a man could be a submissive and still be sexy.

Someone there directed me to "Natural Law".

That began a love affair with her books that has endured ever since.

Jennifer,

I'd be very interested in reading this thread you mentioned about male submissives. Can you post here or PM or email me the link?

My first literary encounter with a male submissive was Diana Whiteside's The Switch and second encounter was Natural Law. Sean and Mac are both so hot and sexy! So I'm curious to see why others find the male submissive not sexy.

Thanks for your help!

SV
Back to top Go down
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Natural Law (Book #2)   Natural Law (Book #2) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 10:05 am

Hi SV! I think too many people make the wrong assumption that submissive = wimp. They couldn't be more wrong!! They need to think outside the box!!
Back to top Go down
BiteMe
Dedicated Fan
Dedicated Fan
BiteMe

PostSubject: Re: Natural Law (Book #2)   Natural Law (Book #2) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 7:50 pm

Terry,

The more research I do into BDSM, the more I find the majority of male subs being portrayed as 'wimps' in both non-fiction and fiction. It's seems that hetero male subs of the mold of Mac, Jacob and Sean (from Diana Whiteside's The Switch) along with Gideon and Devlin, are as rare and as real as dragons. I would describe them as a whole lot of alpha in their everyday lives, even in the bedroom, but still able to submit to the right Mistress. Brendan from Branded Sanctuary is different from those five. He is caring and strong, and Chloe has need of man like that to help her find herself again, but for me he is just a little short on the 'big dog who rules his yard' attitude Violet ascribed to Mac.

I don't care for reading about a male sub who catches his Mistress's cigarette ashes on his tongue or likes to be verbally humiliated or enjoys being feminized with clothing, hairstyles or duties. I would much rather read about a male serving me dressed in not much more than a leather chest and groin harness that accentuates his maleness and attributes than a man serving me wearing make-up, a frilly French maid dress and high heels.

I am firm believer in "your kink is your kink and my kink is mine and neither is better than the other" but trying to find well-written, realistic stories of male subs of my preferred type is nearly impossible. I am thoroughly grateful that Joey has the skill to bring these men to life through her words and that she shares them with us!

If anyone on the bbs has found another writer who writes that type of male submissive in either print or electronic, please share! Alpha male Doms have way more press than the female Dommes and I'd love to see that changed. Even to the point of e-pubs like Ellora's Cave breaking down their BDSM genre into sub-categories based on gender of Dom/me and sub.

Whoa, sorry about the soapbox stand. Going quiet now.
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: Natural Law (Book #2)   Natural Law (Book #2) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 3:33 am

I think that is one reason why I am so into Mac. His everyday he seems like pure Dom but in his private he knows how to submit to his Mistress and he is beautiful at it.
Back to top Go down
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Natural Law (Book #2)   Natural Law (Book #2) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 11:37 am

BiteMe,
I SO agree with you. Joey has spoiled me so much that I don't know if I could read someone else's BDSM story with a submissive male. Espcially if there are some out there like you wrote about. I guess there's a market for that, but just not my cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: Natural Law (Book #2)   Natural Law (Book #2) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 11:50 am

Joey definitely has spoiled us. Even with a male Dom I am having a hard time reading other authors stories. I have now tried to stop compairing.

I come out liking the other authors story but am still feel it is lacking something.

It could just be me.
Back to top Go down
behalf23
3rd Marked Servant
behalf23

PostSubject: Re: Natural Law (Book #2)   Natural Law (Book #2) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 12:42 pm

BiteMe, Terry and Sandy;
If you don't mind m/m, and like male submissives as you've described (e.g. realistic), have you tried Bound and Determined by Jane Davitt and Alexa Snow from Loose I.D.? I thought of this title as fitting your requirements. If you try it, let me know what you think of it. I thought the authors did a wonderful job of truly portraying emotions, and the characters were both incredibly real. It is hard to find good portrayals of male submissives. Barbara
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: Natural Law (Book #2)   Natural Law (Book #2) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Thanks Barbara. I will add to my list.
Back to top Go down
BiteMe
Dedicated Fan
Dedicated Fan
BiteMe

PostSubject: Re: Natural Law (Book #2)   Natural Law (Book #2) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 4:41 am

behalf23 wrote:
BiteMe, Terry and Sandy;
If you don't mind m/m, and like male submissives as you've described (e.g. realistic), have you tried Bound and Determined by Jane Davitt and Alexa Snow from Loose I.D.? I thought of this title as fitting your requirements. If you try it, let me know what you think of it. I thought the authors did a wonderful job of truly portraying emotions, and the characters were both incredibly real. It is hard to find good portrayals of male submissives. Barbara

Barbara,

Thanks for the recommendation. I enjoy m/m, but not as much as F/m, M/f, and any permutation of 2 males and 1 female. Interestingly, 2 females and 1 male is okay too, but only in the configuration of a female Domme, a male switch and the other female is submissive only to the male. Man, am I wired weird or what! Laughing
Back to top Go down
MistressKatishka
MistressKatishka

PostSubject: Re: Natural Law (Book #2)   Natural Law (Book #2) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 9:16 am

Wired weird? No, I think you're just more in tune with what it is you like and want.
Back to top Go down
MasonLover
Dedicated Fan
Dedicated Fan

PostSubject: Re: Natural Law (Book #2)   Natural Law (Book #2) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 9:49 am

BiteMe wrote:

Brendan from Branded Sanctuary is different from those five. He is caring and strong, and Chloe has need of man like that to help her find herself again, but for me he is just a little short on the 'big dog who rules his yard' attitude Violet ascribed to Mac.

I suppose that every Alpha/Sub has a different style and expression, at least it is so in Joey's world. I agree that Brendan is not "big dog" --"In your face sub" -- which initially I thought would bother me, surprisingly, I found him to be incredibly strong (don't want to say too much) in his submissiveness. He is not Mac or Jacob, but he will go the distance if and whenever needed. I found that his submissiveness was by far much more complex, deeper, with texture and dimension, than with some of the other men. Nothing wimpy about Brendan, he is all about devotion instead, a rare quality these days. Basically he rocked my world. scratch scratch I don't know...I don't want to sound really inane, let's just say that after reading Branded Sanctuary my opinion of submissive males was challenged and changed...for the better. jmo.
Back to top Go down
JodieG

PostSubject: Mac/Violet and   Natural Law (Book #2) Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 10:15 pm

Have you guys heard "Shameless"? I have the Garth Brooks version on my mp3, and it's so totally Mac and his relationship with Violet. Best line (although the whole song is perfect!):

Im shameless, I don't have the power now, I don't want it anyhow, So I got to let it go.

I can actually *see* Mac on his knees in front of Violet when I hear that song.... :-)
Back to top Go down
browneyedgirl
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Natural Law (Book #2)   Natural Law (Book #2) Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 9:39 am

this is my favourite of the whole series. it's my third read i think after ice queen & holding all the cards (the latter being the least favourite of the series).

now after finishing ice queen it didn't occur to me that there must be a sequel (((d'oh!))) -- which made the discovery of mirror of my soul such a great surprise. so i went on to read the first in the series and only afterward did i move to natural law.

while marguerite is my favourite female character, natural law is my favourite story. violet & mac are just extraordinary. together they just pull you into the action (of any type Razz) and make you turn pages so fast your fingers start smoking.

another great write on how the two characters (a rather unsubmissive sub and an atypical domme) achieve balance in their relationship.

and yeah i'll come forth and come clean: i loved that violet was the dominant and that mac loved her enough to submit.

and nope mirror of my soul still wasn't my next read (talk about clueless, lol)
Back to top Go down
Crys
Fan
Fan
Crys

PostSubject: Re: Natural Law (Book #2)   Natural Law (Book #2) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 6:02 am

I
Quote :
don't care for reading about a male sub who catches his Mistress's cigarette ashes on his tongue or likes to be verbally humiliated or enjoys being feminized with clothing, hairstyles or duties. I would much rather read about a male serving me dressed in not much more than a leather chest and groin harness that accentuates his maleness and attributes than a man serving me wearing make-up, a frilly French maid dress and high heels.

Hi BiteMe,
I know I'm late offering my opinion here, but I'm new to the forums (just signed up today) and had to post to say that I couldn't agree more. Aside from a male sub liking this type of submission, I don't like a Mistress who would use this type of humiliation ... to me it seems to be an uncaring attitude and if a Mistress doesn't care about her sub, then what's the point?

Cheers
Crys
Back to top Go down
BiteMe
Dedicated Fan
Dedicated Fan
BiteMe

PostSubject: Re: Natural Law (Book #2)   Natural Law (Book #2) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 9:54 am

Hi BiteMe,
I know I'm late offering my opinion here, but I'm new to the forums (just signed up today) and had to post to say that I couldn't agree more. Aside from a male sub liking this type of submission, I don't like a Mistress who would use this type of humiliation ... to me it seems to be an uncaring attitude and if a Mistress doesn't care about her sub, then what's the point?

Cheers
Crys[/quote]

Hello Crys,

Welcome to the forums. And I don't really understand the humiliation part of BDSM, either the desire to be humiliated or to do so. But for some, it's the kink they need. As far as Domme who humiliates her sub, I would think that if it's done with the same thought and care and emotion as any other form of BDSM, then it would be okay. As I said in the earlier I don't really care to read those, thus my fixation on authors like Joey. Surprised

Back to top Go down
2shy2play
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Natural Law (Book #2)   Natural Law (Book #2) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 8:45 pm

"If anyone on the bbs has found another writer who writes that type of male submissive in either print or electronic, please share! Alpha male Doms have way more press than the female Dommes and I'd love to see that changed. Even to the point of e-pubs like Ellora's Cave breaking down their BDSM genre into sub-categories based on gender of Dom/me and sub"

Dear Bite Me, Terry, Sandy, et al;

You might try Lila DuBois' work, "Forbidden." She has written a series consisting of 3 books now. Forbidden is the first. You can get them as e-books or trade paperback. While they don't "do it" for me like Joey's writing, Ms. DuBois tells a good story and her male subs are "manly men." [grin] These books are published by Liquid Silver.

2Shy

Last edited by 2shy2play on Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clean up text.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.awastudio.com
corinna

PostSubject: Re: Natural Law (Book #2)   Natural Law (Book #2) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 8:02 pm

Hi. I'm new (eek!)

Anyway I've read a few of the books by the talented Ms. Hill and plan to read a few more. In fact my desperation has lead me to her website, her blog, and finally here in search of a vignette. The blog has a story called Tyler Tied Up where she mentions as an authors note a previous vignette called "Baby Shower" involving Violet and Marguerite but I can't find that story. I was hoping someone could direct me to where I could get my hands on the "Baby Shower" because I really am quite fond of the characters she's created. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Karen
Dedicated Fan
Dedicated Fan
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Natural Law (Book #2)   Natural Law (Book #2) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 8:14 pm

corinna--

Mac and Violet were the first I read of Joey's books. They certainly made me into an addict! So, here's how to find the Baby Shower. (You may have to register to get to the section you want.)

Go back to the Home page.
Scroll down to The Cauldron section.
Click on the word Vignettes, it's the last one in that section.
Scroll down to the 12th section for Baby Shower Part 1.
Repeat and scroll down to the 4th section for Baby Shower Part 2.

I hope you enjoy it.

Karen
Back to top Go down
corinna

PostSubject: Re: Natural Law (Book #2)   Natural Law (Book #2) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 8:19 pm

Thank you so much Karen!!
Back to top Go down
Karen
Dedicated Fan
Dedicated Fan
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Natural Law (Book #2)   Natural Law (Book #2) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 8:22 pm

You are very welcome corinna. I hope you enjoy it. It is certainly not your average baby shower as you might imagine!

Karen Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Boardroom Fan
2nd Marked Servant
Boardroom Fan

PostSubject: Re: Natural Law (Book #2)   Natural Law (Book #2) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:59 pm

Hi,
I'm new to the forum. Loved Natural Law and everything I've read of Mistress Joey. Hope that someone will be able to answer this question. Justin (owner of For Her) is in this book and I know he is married to Sarah. These characters pop up again in other books, including a mention of Justin in Afterlife (amazing story btb). Do Justin and Sarah have their own story that I have missed? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Natural Law (Book #2)   Natural Law (Book #2) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Natural Law (Book #2)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next