Fans of Joey W. Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME TO THE JOEY W. HILL FAN FORUM!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ice Queen (Book #3)

Go down 
+9
Saint Maria
LadyHeather
browneyedgirl
maryde
biteMARwhipMAR
Dannyfiredragon
Terry
Jennifer Leeland
VampireTemptressJaime
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
VampireTemptressJaime
Mistress of the Boardroom
VampireTemptressJaime

Ice Queen (Book #3) Empty
PostSubject: Ice Queen (Book #3)   Ice Queen (Book #3) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 3:10 pm

From storywitch.com

They call her the Ice Queen. At the exclusive BDSM club known as The Zone, Mistress Marguerite is a legend. Tyler Winterman has been fascinated with her since he’s known her, though the rules of their world say they shouldn’t share more than mutual admiration. He is her male counterpart, one of the most powerful male Doms practicing at The Zone.
Back to top Go down
Jennifer Leeland
Dedicated Fan
Dedicated Fan
Jennifer Leeland

PostSubject: Re: Ice Queen (Book #3)   Ice Queen (Book #3) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 10:32 pm

I love this book. This is only the first book of two and it's hard driving and powerful.
I wondered, at the time, how the hell Mistress Joey was going to get two dominants together in the same room, much less fall in love.
You'd think by now, she'd fail to surprise me, but she did. This is a beautiful love story that touched me and held me captive.
The complexities of being a dominant, male or female, are shown here with all its twists and turns.
Back to top Go down
http://jenniferleeland.com
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Ice Queen (Book #3)   Ice Queen (Book #3) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 11:13 pm

Jennifer, I remember when I downloaded Ice Queen from Ellora's Cave, and the closer I was getting to the end of the book, a rather loud alarm was ging off in my head saying, NO this can't be it! There's too much story and not enough book left!! When I did get to that end, I screamed! What a cliffhanger! Sent my very first email to an author. Well, actually I emailed Ellora's Cave, and they directed me to Joey. Of course she most gracious, which we've all experienced, and lucky for me I only had to wait 2 or 3 weeks before Mirror of My Soul came out. needless to say I've been obsessed with Joey's work ever sense. I know that anyone else that tries her work will feel the same.
Back to top Go down
Jennifer Leeland
Dedicated Fan
Dedicated Fan
Jennifer Leeland

PostSubject: Re: Ice Queen (Book #3)   Ice Queen (Book #3) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 11:20 pm

Oh man!!! I was SO lucky that I didn't have a chance to read "Ice Queen" until "Mirror of My Soul" was already released.

But I did experience the same sensation with Jacob and Lady Lyssa.....and had to wait MONTHS for the next one.
Back to top Go down
http://jenniferleeland.com
Dannyfiredragon
1st Marked Servant
Dannyfiredragon

PostSubject: Re: Ice Queen (Book #3)   Ice Queen (Book #3) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 12:04 pm

It's a very powerful and moving tale.
Back to top Go down
http://loveromancesandmore.blogspot.com/
biteMARwhipMAR
2nd Marked Servant

PostSubject: Re: Ice Queen (Book #3)   Ice Queen (Book #3) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 12:44 am

I completely agree with you Danny! ITs sooooo powerful and brings so much emotion to the story!
Back to top Go down
maryde
Region Master
Region Master
maryde

PostSubject: Re: Ice Queen (Book #3)   Ice Queen (Book #3) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 5:18 am

Terry wrote:
Jennifer, I remember when I downloaded Ice Queen from Ellora's Cave, and the closer I was getting to the end of the book, a rather loud alarm was ging off in my head saying, NO this can't be it! There's too much story and not enough book left!! When I did get to that end, I screamed! What a cliffhanger! Sent my very first email to an author. Well, actually I emailed Ellora's Cave, and they directed me to Joey. Of course she most gracious, which we've all experienced, and lucky for me I only had to wait 2 or 3 weeks before Mirror of My Soul came out. needless to say I've been obsessed with Joey's work ever sense. I know that anyone else that tries her work will feel the same.

Terry OMG that's what happened to me. I read couple of Joey's earlier ones then came *snicker* across Ice Queen (wasn't in e-book yet) (that I remember) and when I got to the part that said, "sometimes a story cannot be told in betwenn the covers of one book....."
I almost screammed the house down...
It took 4 weeks to get the 2nd book out here from US..
Luck for Joey I loved her stories enough not to write a damning letter of complaint...

I love you I love you As if I would do that.....

Very Happy Mary
Back to top Go down
browneyedgirl
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Ice Queen (Book #3)   Ice Queen (Book #3) Icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 9:17 am

i don't have enough good words for this story.
genuine Dommes are so hard to write. as a result there's a glut of stories out there where the women are subs -- which is all good and ok and i enjoy them just as much, but after a certain number of books i was constantly thinking "this is not the complete picture" and a woman is not always a submissive.

as a result i picked up ice queen after reading a thread about BDSM & strong female characters. i admit it took some self-convincing because we're so accustomed to seeing male characters as Doms that the idea of them becoming the sub is awkward at first. although, we like to see strong ladies, and so many writers write strong female characters, we still have this inculcated idea that strong woman demands a weak man.

well, marguerite blew me away. such a strong commanding character. the zen philosophy surrounding her was just as intriguing (god is in the silence).
reading ice queen opened my eyes and my mind to a lot of good things.
top-notch!
Back to top Go down
LadyHeather
2nd Marked Servant
LadyHeather

PostSubject: Re: Ice Queen (Book #3)   Ice Queen (Book #3) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 12:29 pm

I love this book!!! I devoured it and luckily I didn't have to wait for Mirror of her Soul. Mistress Marguerite and Master Tyler are so vividly written. Now I'm glad they got two books. Two of my favorite characters and one of my favorite couples. Both books are so emotionally charged. Love them!!!
Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: Ice Queen (Book #3)   Ice Queen (Book #3) Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 8:24 pm

Ordered this book today! On to the next book in the NOD series! Ordered it along with Mirror of my Soul. Cannot wait to dive into them. SM
Back to top Go down
behalf23
3rd Marked Servant
behalf23

PostSubject: Re: Ice Queen (Book #3)   Ice Queen (Book #3) Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:30 am

Can't wait to hear what you think about them, SM. Smile Happy reading, Barbara
Back to top Go down
musette
3rd Marked Servant
musette

PostSubject: Re: Ice Queen (Book #3)   Ice Queen (Book #3) Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 5:50 pm

Saint Maria wrote:
Ordered this book today! On to the next book in the NOD series! Ordered it along with Mirror of my Soul. Cannot wait to dive into them. SM

Glad you finally cooled off that credit card to get more books SM! You might just stretch to getting the Vampire Queen series soon, lol!!!
Hope you enjoy IQ and MomS, they are great characters.
Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: Ice Queen (Book #3)   Ice Queen (Book #3) Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 5:57 pm

I don't know about that!! I have the remaining three books in my cue at Amazon and they will be ordered next after I get these. I have another author whose cowboy books I like that I am waiting for the print copy of her book too. So, I have three coming and that will let my credit card cool off a bit more. SM
Back to top Go down
musette
3rd Marked Servant
musette

PostSubject: Re: Ice Queen (Book #3)   Ice Queen (Book #3) Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 6:08 pm

Fan that plastic, baby!!! LOL

All Joeys are good....all keepers for me! I consider it a good use for my son's diminishing inheritance!!!!

Still...you gotta love Tyler and Marguerite...I just love 'em all!!!

Only the vamps have their fangs in me good though....
Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: Ice Queen (Book #3)   Ice Queen (Book #3) Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 6:20 pm

I guess at this time I will see. I am going to finish up all of the NOD series first and see how long that takes me. I am hoping by the time I am done we will be hip deep in Master Ben (book, vingettes and lots and lots of hot photos and skins thanks to MK!) So, we will see. I am still hesitant on any paranormals, but maybe by the time we are done with D and G I might change my mind.

I know that there are lots of people on here who love them, but I have a hard time getting into them. Sometimes it is as if the paranormal side distracts me to much to enjoy it. But, we will see. SM
Back to top Go down
musette
3rd Marked Servant
musette

PostSubject: Re: Ice Queen (Book #3)   Ice Queen (Book #3) Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 6:27 pm

The paranormal side is the bit that grabs me, but I do know a lot of people that think it's a deal-breaker. Shame though...VQ series is by far the best I've ever read, in that genre and beyond..I just love them!
Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: Ice Queen (Book #3)   Ice Queen (Book #3) Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 6:34 pm

I understand!! I do! I have read some in the past and I have really liked none unless they were very, very light on the whole paranormal part of it. The only one I have read, as a series that I like, is the Pride Series by Shelly Laurenston. Totally LMAO funny and totally light on the paranormal part of it. But first I have to get through the NOD series and I enjoyed both Holding the Cards and Natural Law very much. I cannot wait to read T and M's stories next. SM
Back to top Go down
musette
3rd Marked Servant
musette

PostSubject: Re: Ice Queen (Book #3)   Ice Queen (Book #3) Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 6:40 pm

It's a great series, I was sad to reach the end of it. I just gobble up Joeys book soooo quick. Am readin a series on recommendation from Kelly now...just to tide me over, lol!!

Oooh, you've got some treats coming....keep cooling off that credit card....and dump the cowboys...LOL!!!!
Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: Ice Queen (Book #3)   Ice Queen (Book #3) Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 10:08 pm

Well, I bit the bullet and put the order in!! Books 3 and 4 are now on their way to me. Cannot wait to dive into these two. Will give me something to read while Joey finishes up on Hostile Takeover!! LOL, SM
Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: Ice Queen (Book #3)   Ice Queen (Book #3) Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 5:54 pm

Books are here!! Cannot wait to start reading!! SM
Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: Ice Queen (Book #3)   Ice Queen (Book #3) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 9:55 pm

I am about half way through this book!! Just started the weekend at Tyler's house! OMG! Very good so far, Joey. Will give a complete report when I am done and then have Mirror of My Soul waiting for me. SM
Back to top Go down
reese
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Ice Queen (Book #3)   Ice Queen (Book #3) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 6:54 pm

those two books are my absolute favorite books and Tyler has just grown on me even more after Branded Sanctuary. He is so...everything. LOL. cant wait for your report. Honor Bound is also a really special one for me.

reese
Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: Ice Queen (Book #3)   Ice Queen (Book #3) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 3:28 pm

Good Afternoon, Everyone!

Well, I have FINALLY finished this book. OMG!! I swear; I have had so many things going on this summer it is hard to just sit down and read.

I finished this up yesterday before I left for the pool party. Totally awesome book. The idea of putting two Doms together I thought was very interesting and made the whole dynamic of this book unlike anything else I have read.

I loved how they came together in this book. Tyler totally took her over and she she pretty much had no idea how to fight that since how do you do that when you yourself are also a Dom and then atracted to another Dom. Does not usually work that way.

The weekend at his house was wonderful; got to see M let her guard down alot and both of them get to know each other. The ending was hard to read, but I did see Tyler's reason for doing it. It was his way of proving that she was never going to be able to Top him and needed him to bring her the kind of satification she needed. Totally loved it! Awesome book.

I am starting Mirror of My Soul today. That is the last NOD book I have in print. Not sure if I will get the rest in print or on my KIndle yet, so will see! SM
Back to top Go down
musette
3rd Marked Servant
musette

PostSubject: Re: Ice Queen (Book #3)   Ice Queen (Book #3) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 3:36 pm

SM, you so have to get the rest....still got Rough Canvas (love love love!) and Branded Sanctuary (a personal fave) to go yet. As well as Mistress of Redemption in between.

Although I do get the logistics of either e-book or paper copy...once I start a collection in paper format I just gotta finish it!!!
My bookshelves look nicer for my OCD-ing!

Is it just me??? Hmmm, I dont think so.....

Last edited by musette on Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp!)
Back to top Go down
pat
3rd Marked Servant
pat

PostSubject: Re: Ice Queen (Book #3)   Ice Queen (Book #3) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 4:33 pm

I think Rough Canvas is my favorite NOD but Branded Sanctuary is a close second.

Personally when I got the ereader, I stopped getting hard copies of books. It just is so much nicer for me to be able to take all my books whereever I go. Also, I just don't have the shelf space for books anymore and I hate having to do my weekly dusting the books I have now. But I am not quite as OCD as my pal Musette Cheers2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ice Queen (Book #3)   Ice Queen (Book #3) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ice Queen (Book #3)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next