Fans of Joey W. Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME TO THE JOEY W. HILL FAN FORUM!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vampire Mistress ebook

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Margrete
Dedicated Fan
Dedicated Fan

Vampire Mistress ebook Empty
PostSubject: Vampire Mistress ebook   Vampire Mistress ebook Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 1:04 pm

Does anyone know if there will be released a ebook of Vampire Mistress at the same time as the book comes out?

I usually use fictionwise.com to buy ebooks, but lately due to all the restrictions it's become more difficult to get them, without usings goarounds. Now I can't find any of Joey's books at fictionwise, and I know I bought A Mermaid's Ransom from them last year. Is this because of the new ebook pricing system and Berkley being part of it?
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Mistress of the Boardroom
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress ebook   Vampire Mistress ebook Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 1:31 pm

Hi Margrete,
Now I can be wrong and Joey or someone else might know better. The Ebook of VM will be available to order on May 4th. Of course, I called Berkley's contact number and got the ISBN numbers, pricing and details for VM. I am not playing this time. I want to read my book first thing in the morning (really at midnight since I am up). I will not allow UPS to ruin this for me.
In a nutshell I do not think you cannot pre-order but I think on the May 5th VM will be available to order online (in adobe and epub form). I hope what I was told is correct and is helpful to you.
Back to top Go down
Margrete
Dedicated Fan
Dedicated Fan

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress ebook   Vampire Mistress ebook Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 2:29 pm

Thanks Sandy Very Happy

I'll just hope it's not geo restricted then, as it's getting more difficult to work around it Laughing I don't want to wait untill a week after the release date to get the book due to shipping. Too impatient for that Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress ebook   Vampire Mistress ebook Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 9:50 pm

Margrete, I am not familiar with 'geo restricted'. I am sorry. I can try and ask them tomorrow or Monday (depending on their weekend office hours)
Back to top Go down
Margrete
Dedicated Fan
Dedicated Fan

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress ebook   Vampire Mistress ebook Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 2:33 am

Sandy wrote:
Margrete, I am not familiar with 'geo restricted'. I am sorry. I can try and ask them tomorrow or Monday (depending on their weekend office hours)

geo (geographic) restrictions means that the ebook is restricted for sale just to people in spesific countries. Often many of the ebooks I want to buy are just available for people in the USA, thats mostly beacuse I use american ebookstores. the british ebookstores are getting better, but the american ones are still a bit cheaper Laughing

example: Oath of Fealty by Elizabeth Moon: one of the books I wanted, down the page underneath the ISBN numbers it's written: GEOGRAPHIC RESTRICTIONS: Available to customers in: CA, US.

the devil you know by Jenna Black same thing GEOGRAPHIC RESTRICTIONS: Available to customers in: CA, US.

Thats seems to be the case for many new ebooks since april last year, atleast the ones I want Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress ebook   Vampire Mistress ebook Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 3:10 am

Thanks for clearing that up. I hope for your love of Joey's books, there are no geo restrictions. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Margrete
Dedicated Fan
Dedicated Fan

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress ebook   Vampire Mistress ebook Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 11:44 am

you're welcome Smile

I hope so too. Just have to wait and see
Back to top Go down
Margrete
Dedicated Fan
Dedicated Fan

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress ebook   Vampire Mistress ebook Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 3:02 am

If anyone finds an ebookversion available somewhere I'd like to know as at the moment I can't find one Sad Maybe it's still to early and I'm just impatient Laughing
Back to top Go down
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress ebook   Vampire Mistress ebook Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 7:19 pm

Margrete,

Have you checked out the links Joey has listed on her website?
http://www.storywitch.com/Books/VQS/Mistress/VampireMistress.htm
At the bottom of the page are several links, but you might try Berkley, since they are the publisher.

Hope this helps,
Terry
Back to top Go down
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress ebook   Vampire Mistress ebook Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 8:10 pm

Hey all! Go under the announcements section (Lord Mason's Oasis) to the thread Kindle edition of Vampire Mistress. I posted an announcement there a few days ago about the status of all ebook versions, and also put another update there tonight, because readers are having trouble finding it in ebook and wanted to give them the latest info. No good news yet, but at least we're all in the same loop until one of us learns something. Be sure and post here if you find it in ebook before I hear back from Penguin. Grrrr...aggravating! (grin)
Back to top Go down
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress ebook   Vampire Mistress ebook Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 8:14 pm

Sandy, also, so far the ISBN numbers aren't calling up under the Penguin site, but maybe they're on a one-day delay from the print release, since you referenced May 5. We'll see...fingers crossed. Growl.
Back to top Go down
Margrete
Dedicated Fan
Dedicated Fan

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress ebook   Vampire Mistress ebook Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 6:00 am

Seems like I'll just have to wait. I just hope it won't take too long, especially as I could download Beloved Vampire and A Mermaids Ransom on their release dates last year. The publisher could atleast have the ebook in their online store which would have made things easier Laughing
Back to top Go down
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress ebook   Vampire Mistress ebook Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 7:42 am

Margrete, thanks for pointing that out. I've added that add'l note to my Penguin rep. I don't know what's going on (sigh), but hopefully we'll all figure it out/get it resolved soon. On the positive side, it's amazing how things have changed - 5 years ago, not having a digital version of the book hardly caused a blip on anyone's screen - now so many people are reading their books digitally! Very cool to see that transition, even if we're having to deal with hiccups like these.
Back to top Go down
Tpoemma
Fan
Fan
Tpoemma

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress ebook   Vampire Mistress ebook Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 2:19 am

AHHHHH Damn the man, making me wait for the ebook version!! I live in NZ and i can't just whip on down to my local Barnes and Noble or the paperback.
Back to top Go down
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress ebook   Vampire Mistress ebook Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 8:47 am

Tpoemma, I know, this is SO aggravating. Hope to hear something from my Penguin person today (that sounds kind of odd - grin - I'm seeing flippers and a tidy tuxedo color scheme)...will keep you posted...
Back to top Go down
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress ebook   Vampire Mistress ebook Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 8:44 am

Hey, I just posted this under the Lord Mason's Oasis, Kindle Version of Vampire Mistress, which sort of follows the same theme as this thread (where the heck are the ebook versions? lol) I'll be gone in a little while for the weekend to visit my mom for Mother's day, but will check back in Monday if I can't get access there. Have a great weekend and Happy Mom's Day to all the Moms!

Okay, for you Nook readers, it's apparently out there now for the Nook, though I couldn't get it to call up by searching on Vampire MIstress or my name. However, a reader was kind enough to send it who found it through his searching -

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Vampire-Mistress/Joey-W-Hill/e/9781101187524/?itm=1

Keep you posted on the other sites/versions as I get news, and if you here something first, let us know (smile).
Back to top Go down
Margrete
Dedicated Fan
Dedicated Fan

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress ebook   Vampire Mistress ebook Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 10:48 am

Thanks for the update Joey. Although I have a Sony Reader, I'm flexible and I'll see if I can just figure out a way to read the Nook version. Then I'll get to read it tonight hopefully Very Happy Very Happy

edited to add: I got it Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I did have to do some work arounds to get around B&N's only available for people in the USA policy to be able to buy it, but I won't consider myself criminal for doing that Laughing

Now I can spend the evening study
Back to top Go down
Tpoemma
Fan
Fan
Tpoemma

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress ebook   Vampire Mistress ebook Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 10:36 pm

Any hints on how you work around geo restriction?????
Back to top Go down
Margrete
Dedicated Fan
Dedicated Fan

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress ebook   Vampire Mistress ebook Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 3:50 am

Tpoemma wrote:
Any hints on how you work around geo restriction?????

I sent you a pm about how I did it, as I'm not sure how much of that I'm allowed to write here. Just to be on the safe side Smile
Back to top Go down
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress ebook   Vampire Mistress ebook Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 9:34 am

Margrete, you're "allowed" to put as much of whatever you want here. I've yet to see or read anything posted that I've felt needed "attention," and this subject sounds like it could help others in the forum with eBook issues.

You can always PM any or all of us moderators with any and all quesions.

I just hate that all these companies are coming out with their own eBook readers, and then sell the eBooks only in that format. That stinks!!!!! Vampire Mistress ebook Icon_mad
Back to top Go down
Margrete
Dedicated Fan
Dedicated Fan

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress ebook   Vampire Mistress ebook Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 11:01 am

Terry wrote:
Margrete, you're "allowed" to put as much of whatever you want here. I've yet to see or read anything posted that I've felt needed "attention," and this subject sounds like it could help others in the forum with eBook issues.

Then I'll write it here too if other people are interested Smile To get around the geo restrictions at B&N you need to use a VPN that gives you a US IP-address and then it's just to buy the e-book with your normal credit card, but instead of using your own billing adress you just need to write in a valid USA-address.

Terry wrote:
You can always PM any or all of us moderators with any and all quesions.

I just hate that all these companies are coming out with their own eBook readers, and then sell the eBooks only in that format. That stinks!!!!! Vampire Mistress ebook Icon_mad

yes, agree it stinks. I find all the different formats annoying. I wish they would just settle on one or two and be done with it.
Back to top Go down
Tpoemma
Fan
Fan
Tpoemma

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress ebook   Vampire Mistress ebook Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 2:46 pm

Thanks Magrete! After Googling (my favorite pastime, can't live without) i discovered a super simple way to get around US restriction!!!! Very Happy

All that you need to do is run Hotshield.
http://www.hotspotshield.com/ - Mac and PC

Connect hotshield before going to site - B&N, Amazon etc and problem solved!! Just make sure you are not logged in to site under your out of US login before hand

As above use a US billing address - i made one up the only thing that needs to be accurate is the post code.

YAY don't you love technology and the fantastic geeks out there who speak code as their second language and write wonderful FREE programs such as this one!!! I salute you!
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Margrete
Dedicated Fan
Dedicated Fan

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress ebook   Vampire Mistress ebook Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 3:11 pm

You're welcome Tpoemma.

yes, love technology and the geeks helping us get what we want by making those programs (and other things like how to strip DRM so I can convert my ebooks to different formats so I can read them on my Sony).
Back to top Go down
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress ebook   Vampire Mistress ebook Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 11:03 pm

Hey, I have a brief and tenuous connection here at Mom's, but I have a reader email that tells me it is now available on Sony as well - Margrete, it's Murphy's Law - just after you went to all the trouble to get around it on B&N, NOW it's available on Sony! Chuckle... okay, back to Mother's Day activities... I'll keep letting you know as I hear more.
Back to top Go down
Margrete
Dedicated Fan
Dedicated Fan

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress ebook   Vampire Mistress ebook Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 1:57 am

yes Murphy's Law only because I'm too impatient to wait Laughing

It's also available at mobipocket now: http://www.mobipocket.com/EN/eBooks/eBookDetails.asp?BookID=297220
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress ebook   Vampire Mistress ebook Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vampire Mistress ebook
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next