Fans of Joey W. Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME TO THE JOEY W. HILL FAN FORUM!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vampire Mistress ebook

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

Vampire Mistress ebook - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress ebook   Vampire Mistress ebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 9:18 pm

Good - my Penguin rep left me a message Friday that apparently Ebook.com, Sony, B&N and Apple all received the digital file in MARCH, but apparently there's an "ingestion" period and when they release the book varies. Yeah, sounds crazy to me, too, but since it seems to be filtering out slowly this week, apparently it's their crazy-weird process. Hoping they get things resolved with LSI soon so Fictionwise and Diesel Ebook can release it, because I was thinking those formats can also be translated into Kindle. Anyhow, I'll keep letting you know any news as I get it, and you all do the same. :>
Back to top Go down
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress ebook   Vampire Mistress ebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 7:48 pm

Now available at Ebook.com - still not able to be converted to Kindle, but if anyone's having any luck at any of the sites getting one converted to Kindle, be sure and post here. I love the ability to network (grin).
Back to top Go down
Margrete
Dedicated Fan
Dedicated Fan

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress ebook   Vampire Mistress ebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:12 am

it's available to be converted to Kindle if one buys a format that one can strip the DRM from the ebook (illigal I know, but how else to get the right format), run it through Calibre to get a Kindle version. I love Calibre Laughing

I do find it strange that Fictionwise doesn't have the book as it is now a Barnes and Noble company. Since B&N has it availsble why can't fictionwise get it from the same source, or is it some strange business reason not too?
Back to top Go down
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress ebook   Vampire Mistress ebook - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 4:36 pm

B&N owns them, but apparently some of their policies remain separate. I had a problem when I ordered a replacement ebookwise reader, and B&N not only had trouble finding me a direct phone number for Fictionwise, they made clear that the ordering/shipping policies were separate from their operations, such that only Fictionwise could address my issues.

Margrete, thanks for that further insight. DRM just drives me crazy. It doesn't stop piracy, because as you accurately point out, someone with the right tech knowledge can strip it off - it just makes it harder on legitimate readers to read it in the format they desire. Which perversely adds to piracy, because a reader gets so frustrated they go looking for a pirated copy, when they would have been more than willing to pay to read it in digital format. Sigh. It's all right - growing pains! Keep saying that to myself, over and over (my mantra - grin).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress ebook   Vampire Mistress ebook - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vampire Mistress ebook
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2