Fans of Joey W. Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME TO THE JOEY W. HILL FAN FORUM!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Risque Reviews interview

Go down 
+9
VampireTemptressJaime
winnie
BARBARA
doris gomez
Miss Mindy
klsmith
Iva
Terry
Joey W. Hill
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

Risque Reviews interview Empty
PostSubject: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 1:43 am

For those who want to know a little bit different info about me, my creative process and the background of some of my stories, Risque Reviews just posted a delightful interview. Barb, who runs the site, asks intriguing questions that require pretty indepth answers, so for those who have read my interviews ad nauseum (laughter) this may give you a different perspective on some topics. Enjoy! http://risquereviews.weebly.com/interview-for-joey-w-hill.html
Back to top Go down
Terry
Mistress of the Boardroom

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 6:06 pm

Wow. Great interview!

and this little bit;

Now, that said, there is a scene in the upcoming July 2011 Vampire Instinct (Elisa and Mal’s story), that I didn’t want to write. The muse knew it had to be in there, but it was very difficult for me. It was one of those situations where I was sitting on the sidelines saying, “Please, please don’t let this happen.” But it had to, of course, just the way things occur in our lives we wish didn’t have to happen. I got through that scene, but I cried after it was over, and I never could get through an edit on it without blurry eyes. It haunted me for a while afterwards.

And now I’ve either piqued your interest enough for you to rush out and get it this summer, or made you go “Un-unh, I’m not reading THAT book!”. Chuckle. It is a good story, though (if I wrote it properly!). Don’t let me turn you away from Elisa and Mal. They do get a happy ending (or beginning, as the case may be!).

makes me want summer 2011 right now!!!!!
Hissy Fit
Back to top Go down
Iva
3rd Marked Servant
Iva

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 7:01 pm

"Makes me want summer 2011 right now!!!!!""
Hissy Fit

Amen Terry

But our consolation is Afterlife should hopefully
be out by the end of the year!! cheers Cheerleader
Back to top Go down
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 7:03 pm

Iva, from your fingertips to the publishers ears! Let's hope so!!
Back to top Go down
klsmith
3rd Marked Servant
klsmith

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 7:38 pm

Yes! Really great interview.You're not kidding, she asked great questions, LOL, and I am always happy when I get in depth answers...What a great introduction Barb gave too. I remember telling Mindy she had to read this series (Vampire Queen) and trying to explain that it was different, that these aren't the sweet, smooth, vampire love stories...these are gritty they are dominant, but trying to not scare her off, LOL. Luckily I had a great track record in recommendations, or she may have missed something very special!

I agree that summer 2011 is way too long to wait for Elisa and Mal's story!! I think those publisher's like to torture us with these distant release dates! At least we have a knight to hold us over:)

As always...Thank you so much for sharing Joey!! Hugs
Back to top Go down
Miss Mindy
Region Master
Region Master
Miss Mindy

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 11:25 pm

What a fantastic interview Joey. I had to laugh when I read about your family having a dry sense of humor at inappropriate times. I didn't know you were a part of my family? LOL From now on I will consider you my long lost illegitimate sister. Hugs
Back to top Go down
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 9:32 pm

Terry - glad you liked it! Though I wasn't truly trying to taunt you beyond bearing with VI...okay, maybe just a little (lol). I have the cover for the book now - they have to make a correction to it and then I can post it on the website. I'll keep you all posted on that. And Iva, have I mentioned how delightfully distracting I find that banner of Dev? Sigh...

KL, I'm trying to imagine Mindy being scared off of anything. You obviously knows a shy side of her that we don't! We'll have to talk...lol. Seriously, thanks for the grin, and I'm also glad you enjoyed the interview. The July 2011 date chafes me as well, but having Afterlife, a David/Mina vignette and Matt's interview in the interim will tide us over. And of course I'm sure there will be at least 1-2 other vignettes between now and then!

Miss Mindy, a long lost, illegitimate and highly inappropriate sister (laughter).
Back to top Go down
Iva
3rd Marked Servant
Iva

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 10:09 pm

Joey I can't thank you enough for the email almost a year ago and the
invite to join the fan form. This new and magic format got me out
and participating with these wild and loveable lady's.

I love Devlin and his devil may care self. Keep writing we will wait for the
books. Hissy Fit Not Worthy Cheerleader
Back to top Go down
doris gomez
3rd Marked Servant
doris gomez

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 11:20 pm

I really, really, really enjoyed this interview. Beside the introduction, that made clear, "Ms Hill doesn't do anything simple", that celebrated the diverse energies of Joey's stories, the complexity of the human search for love and the various paths of sexual expression, BESIDES all that, Barbara's questions allowed Joey to talk about the intricate, inquisitive and deeply thoughtful person she is. (Yes, that was all one sentence!) I've read a lot of Joey's interviews and in this one Joey told more about herself and the things that matter to her in her writing than any of them.

Kudos to Barbara and kudos to Joey, both courageous ladies in my book, for insightful questions and truthful answers require a bravery not always seen in the world of publishing or the world in general. I feel uplifted from sharing this conversatiion MIL GRACIAS
Back to top Go down
BARBARA
Dedicated Fan
Dedicated Fan
BARBARA

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 3:35 am

Hi everyone Barb here, and a little bit awed Joey you posted something about our interview together. That just rocked my world a little bit woman. Everyone enjoys recognition, but this was just ….let’s see I usually have no trouble finding words, well I guess speechless is what I’m looking for. Joey thanks you so much for your kind words...

Oh crap, who I am kidding trying to be all cool and professional when what I really what to say is, ”HOLY COW BATMAN JOEY HILL IS TALKING ABOUT ME”…as she twirls around the kitchen and scares the hell out of her 17 year old blind Min Pin…

Seriously though, thank you Joey for sharing this with everyone. Reading how much you enjoyed this interview really meant alot to me. And then to read the reactions to it just tickled me silly.

Thank you all so very much. tyvm

I am now going to dance a bit more with the pooch!!!
Back to top Go down
http://risquereviews.weebly.com/
BARBARA
Dedicated Fan
Dedicated Fan
BARBARA

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 4:58 am

doris gomez wrote:
I really, really, really enjoyed this interview. Beside the introduction, that made clear, "Ms Hill doesn't do anything simple", that celebrated the diverse energies of Joey's stories, the complexity of the human search for love and the various paths of sexual expression, BESIDES all that, Barbara's questions allowed Joey to talk about the intricate, inquisitive and deeply thoughtful person she is. (Yes, that was all one sentence!) I've read a lot of Joey's interviews and in this one Joey told more about herself and the things that matter to her in her writing than any of them.

Kudos to Barbara and kudos to Joey, both courageous ladies in my book, for insightful questions and truthful answers require a bravery not always seen in the world of publishing or the world in general. I feel uplifted from sharing this conversatiion MIL GRACIAS

Doris thank you I got a kick out out your reply that is exactly what I was trying to convey with this interview about Joey.
Back to top Go down
Miss Mindy
Region Master
Region Master
Miss Mindy

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 10:31 am

Barbara, *applause* Your interview is the only one I've read that didn't just focus on Joey's characters and storylines, but got into her head. And since she looked concerned when I requested to get inside her head when we were at Authors After Dark (although I do admit the request seemed to have a more physical than metaphorical edge to it LOL) it was nice to get in there and find my long lost iligitimate 3/4 cousin type sister. So thank you Barbara!
tyvm
Back to top Go down
Miss Mindy
Region Master
Region Master
Miss Mindy

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 12:04 pm

Joey W. Hill wrote:
KL, I'm trying to imagine Mindy being scared off of anything. You obviously knows a shy side of her that we don't! We'll have to talk...lol.

Joey W. Hill wrote:
Miss Mindy, a long lost, illegitimate and highly inappropriate sister (laughter).

Oh and Joey, I actually choked on my coffee this morning as I read your post! Coffee LMAO

Hey, I'm afraid of things.....um.......like....not winning the multimillion Power Ball and then never getting to open my own version of 'The Zone', or buy the 55 acre horse ranch I have my eye on to breed and train Gypsy Vanner horses. Creepy
Don't worry Joey, I'd make sure there was a vacation cottage on it for my incredibly creative, illegitimate sister, her WoW addicted husband and fur kids to come stay in. Wink
Back to top Go down
BARBARA
Dedicated Fan
Dedicated Fan
BARBARA

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 1:00 pm

Thank You Miss Mindy!!! I enjoyed getting in there a bit myself Rolling Eyes Besides I think the best way for fans to get to know an author is to actually ask about, call me crazy Sherock (chukling)

Also I am always glad to help crazy family members find other other Wink
Back to top Go down
klsmith
3rd Marked Servant
klsmith

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 7:05 am

Joey W. Hill wrote:
KL, I'm trying to imagine Mindy being scared off of anything. You obviously knows a shy side of her that we don't! We'll have to talk...lol. Seriously, thanks for the grin, and I'm also glad you enjoyed the interview. The July 2011 date chafes me as well, but having Afterlife, a David/Mina vignette and Matt's interview in the interim will tide us over. And of course I'm sure there will be at least 1-2 other vignettes between now and then!

No Good Hmmmmm, Mindy is shy about............ HA, I don't even know that she is all that easy to embarrass. The only time I've seen her shy, she was probably overwhelmed instead, and it was the first time she met my whole family! No I just wanted to be clear that it was not as gentle as a lot of other series she's read to that point and not to give up when all you're thinking is 'I hate that bitch Lyssa', LOL, because it's a journey you take with them, and a rollercoaster of emotions at that. Nope, not simple, not easy, but all the better for it!
Okay 4 or 5 things to hold us over should be enough....Hopefully!
Back to top Go down
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 8:37 pm

Iva, these ladies (including yourself!) are a constant source of pleasure and laughter to me as well. I'm so grateful to Terry, Jaime, Sandy and Kat for coordinating, creating and maintaining such a wonderful place for us to gather. And Dev...sigh, fan myself - yep, that's all I need to say.

Barbara, you totally deserved the accolades. Doris said it very articulately, so I probably can't say it any better than that, but I will add this. I write fiction, and when I have characters to drive the story, I can go to all sorts of creative places. But in an interview, it takes a skilled interviewer to make the interview creative, interesting and more than the usual ho-hum stuff. So you are a talented lady! Don't step on those tiny little paws while you're dancing, though!

Miss Mindy, anyone with a healthy self-preservation instinct would look a bit concerned (as well as strangely intrigued - wink) when you express a desire to get into their head! Enforcement Seriously, loved your list of "fearful things". Snort.

I'll be sure and have Jacob and Dev come help you with the horses, since they're both good with them. And since they won't be able to work the ranch ALL the time, I'm sure you'll think of other tasks they can do... Since I'll be living there with my WoW addicted husbands and fur kids, I can help you think of those things...like you'd need my help! Creepy Teasing

"I hate that bitch Lyssa"?! Ouch! Chuckle - yeah, poor Lyssa. She's often misunderstood at first. Or maybe it's just that we all love Jacob so much, hmm? However, I'm so glad you AND Mindy found my vampires, and the forum. Going back to my first point with Iva, you all have added so much to my daily life!
Back to top Go down
klsmith
3rd Marked Servant
klsmith

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 9:54 pm

Note....I do love Lyssa now, but I wasn't sure about it while I imagined bitch slapping her....you know before she ripped my head from my body (I imagine sub zeros finishing move on Mortal Combat)....and oh Jacob, how could anyone not love Jacob?
Back to top Go down
winnie
Territory Overlord
Territory Overlord

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 9:59 pm

klsmith wrote:
Note....I do love Lyssa now, but I wasn't sure about it while I imagined bitch slapping her....you know before she ripped my head from my body (I imagine sub zeros finishing move on Mortal Combat)....and oh Jacob, how could anyone not love Jacob?

I agree with you completly!!!!
Back to top Go down
VampireTemptressJaime
VampireTemptressJaime

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 10:55 pm

Oooh! Not me. I loved Lady Lyssa. But, there were times when I wanted to shake her in a way you should never shake a baby. I want to do the same to a favorite character in another author's series. But I love complex characters like Lyssa. I'd love to walk in their shoes for a day.
Back to top Go down
Rebekah
2nd Marked Servant
Rebekah

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 11:19 pm

I totally agree with you!
Back to top Go down
doris gomez
3rd Marked Servant
doris gomez

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 11:23 pm

OOoooh, JAIME, and REBEKAH that Lady Lyssa. I may not have understood her, but right from the beginning I wondered what it would be like to BE her, being herself with Jacob. MMMMmmmmMMMmmmMMmm. bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
VampireTemptressJaime
VampireTemptressJaime

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 11:49 pm

I agree, Doris. To be able experience Lyssa lowering her guard, and having the feelings she thought were long dead, awakened by Jacob....*sigh*

Joey...I think we're going to need Lyssa and Jacob part 3 a little sooner than expected. NO PRESSURE. Okay, maybe a teeny tiny bit of pressure. Patience was never one of my strengths. Hissy Fit
Back to top Go down
Miss Mindy
Region Master
Region Master
Miss Mindy

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 12:32 am

Joey W. Hill wrote:
Miss Mindy, anyone with a healthy self-preservation instinct would look a bit concerned (as well as strangely intrigued - wink) when you express a desire to get into their head! Enforcement
LMAO, it probably didn't help that I had a "it puts the lotion on the skin, or else it gets the hose again" type glint in my eye as I said it. Twisted Evil Kelly likes her crazy to creep up on you. I have it oozing from my pores. psycho

Joey W. Hill wrote:
Seriously, loved your list of "fearful things". Snort. I'll be sure and have Jacob and Dev come help you with the horses, since they're both good with them. And since they won't be able to work the ranch ALL the time, I'm sure you'll think of other tasks they can do... Since I'll be living there with my WoW addicted husbands and fur kids, I can help you think of those things...like you'd need my help! Creepy Teasing
Wow, thank you Joey! I think Dev and Jacob would be excellent help with my breeding program. Of the horses of course!! You people have dirty, dirty minds (and that is why I LOVE you all).
And Joey...you wrote 'WoW addicted HUSBANDS'...plural? You lucky woman. Is it an Anwyn type arrangement? Hugs *facetious smirk*

Joey W. Hill wrote:
"I hate that bitch Lyssa"?! Ouch! Chuckle - yeah, poor Lyssa. She's often misunderstood at first. Or maybe it's just that we all love Jacob so much, hmm? However, I'm so glad you AND Mindy found my vampires, and the forum.
LOL sadly yes. When I finished the first book I emailed Kelly and told her I didn't think I could read the second because I was having such a hard time with the fact I wanted to put my foot up Lyssa's bum. I was having a difficult time understanding the way she was so 'Bi-Polar' with him. But Kelly told me I had to read the second book because I would understand her more, and end up loving her. I was like "I don't know...", but since Kelly had never led me astray I did it. And THANK THE GODDESS I did. OMG, once you allowed us that peek inside her armor, I was hooked.
Back to top Go down
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 3:09 pm

Mindy, I would have responded to this earlier, but I've been rolling on the floor laughing since I read the "it puts the lotion on..." I agree with all of you - don't think I've ever laughed as much online as I laugh when I read this forum. Winnie (seconding the opinions about your posts elsewhere on the forum) -please NEVER hold back. This is definitely a place to relax your inhibitions, and the Mod Squad do a great job of creating a positive environment to do that.

Mindy, I can assure you (emphatically) "husbands" was definitely a typo. Threesomes like Gideon and Daegan exist mainly in fiction, because in real life, one husband is MORE than enough to completely drive a woman bonkers (lol). Of course, I know husbands often feel that way about wives as well. My husband just looks at me in blank horror when I mention cultures where the men have more than one wife. His response runs something along the lines of "Those masochists!" Of course, he's only referencing his secondhand knowledge of other husbands with difficult wives, because of course I have ALWAYS been sweet, loving, accommodating, adorable...etc etc etc. He'd probably love to have three or four of me. Ahem.

Jaime, you want it sooner, I want to chuck the darn thing out the window and go work at Wal-mart. LOL In my self-imposed writer's retreat at my mother's this week, I have written 50k in FIVE DAYS on this book. When I spend my last day here tomorrow, I'll have started the week at 52k and I'll finish at 115k, which will make me feel tons better about where I am on the Dec 31 deadline. However, I do not recommend this rate - it sucks, and the muse has gone from rosy health to a glaring wizened woman - I promised to send her to a restorative spa as soon as I finish the first draft. I'll never get behind again. (Yeah, right.)

Since it is first draft, a lot of it's crap right now of course, but you guys will not believe the twists and turns that are happening in their relationship. And of course it's overflowing with all that annoying plotting stuff. They're having to face all sorts of trials and tribulations in the Fae world, near death experiences, blah-de-blah-de-blah. But with respect to the wonderful conversation about Lyssa - I'm so happy so many of you pressed on after VQS (some of you with lovely encouragement from friends, like Mindy did with Kelly!). Yes, Part III will give you more insight into her and Jacob, in this ever shifting relationship dynamic of theirs. And of course now they're parents, which is a whole different side of them.

So I'm glad you didn't bitch slap her, Kelly, and have your head ripped off like in Mortal Combat. Lyssa probably wouldn't have gone that route, though - she's kind of more into the slow torture thing. Drac
Back to top Go down
VampireTemptressJaime
VampireTemptressJaime

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 3:37 pm

I HIGHLY doubt the first draft is "a lot of crap", but if you want someone to read through it, objectively of course, you know where to find me. Hey, it's a lot better than begging. A win-win if you ask me! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure it's fabulous. I'm also hoping for a sort of vignette for Kane's birth. I'd love to see that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Risque Reviews interview
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next