Fans of Joey W. Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME TO THE JOEY W. HILL FAN FORUM!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Risque Reviews interview

Go down 
+9
VampireTemptressJaime
winnie
BARBARA
doris gomez
Miss Mindy
klsmith
Iva
Terry
Joey W. Hill
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

Risque Reviews interview - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 4:33 pm

A vignette of Kane's birth will probably be something along the lines of Lyssa saying to Jacob, "come closer so I can rip your head off" lol

Seriously, no, I think that would be a lovely vignette. I'll add it to the list! And while I deeply appreciate your very generous offer (you really don't realize how generous that is, because my first drafts would send the hardiest soul shrieking), my first drafts are truly always a mess. It's because I subscribe to the puzzle assembly method of writing, where there are a lot of stops, starts, disjointed places, scenes that have nothing to do with the flow of the story stuck in there as place holders, etc. In short, until I get through that first round edit (and usually the 2nd and 3rd as well), I won't turn it over to a CP, because it's a waste of their time - it looks like a serial killer story board in a crime unit office (chuckle - actually probably not even that well organized).

But you're still a dear for offering!

Back to top Go down
Iva
3rd Marked Servant
Iva

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 5:22 pm

Joey Please give that muse a rest and don't throw away any of that
first draft away. Ill bet their is at least three or four new characters & books
in their. Your muse can really turn out some great stories for SURE!!
I love the new picture as your avatar you look younger.

Back to top Go down
klsmith
3rd Marked Servant
klsmith

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 5:53 pm

Oh....a vignette of Kane's birth would be nice.......in my experience as a labor nurse I have seen any number of threats to husbands and staff (me included, LOL) of course there is always the apology and outpouring of love following, but I believe Lady Lyssa in labor would still surprise me Shocked
I am so excited to see what this next book will bring with them though...... *sigh* I do hate the waiting, lol.
Yes I am sure that there would be slow torture, but that is a finishing move Whip
If anyone never saw it........it's here

Love the new avatar too!
Back to top Go down
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 6:37 pm

Iva wrote:
I love the new picture as your avatar you look younger.

Did I mention that Iva is my new, VERY favorite person? Laughter... Oh, don't worry, hon. Even in my trimming and cutting, we definitely have some new faces in this one - the Fae Lord Keldwyn (who they can't figure out whether he's friend or foe), Rhoswen, Queen of the Unseelie (as much of a she-bitch as Lyssa can be when she's in an irritable mood, which apparently is most of the book - Rhoswen, not Lyssa) and Cayden, her captain of the guard... Catriona, a lovely dryad that Jacob and Lyssa rescue... I can reveal these handful, because right now they pervade the book, so I'm not seeing them disappearing in the edit runs.

Kelly, you may be right. I mean, she's been tortured herself before, so labor may not be as big a deal for her. But it would still be nice to do a vignette and see how it goes. A friend of mine is also a labor nurse (that's how she started, though I think she now does lactation counseling), and described to me in excruciating detail the whole birth process so I could do a future vignette on Daisy's birth (Mac and Violet's child, though of course I expect I could use it for Lyssa as well, despite some different physiologies - I accidentally may have erased the first segment, so I may be visiting you for verification when I finally get around to either vignette!). If I hadn't made the decision never to have children, that description definitely cured me (laughter).

Okay, off to do the last 2k of the day. Then I need to put together the newsletter and check in with Matt to see how he's doing with Kat's questions before I can reward myself with more forum time (wink). See you later...
Back to top Go down
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 6:38 pm

Oh, and thanks for the Mortal Kombat move. Now I'm going to be imagining a little Lyssa cartoon character doing exactly that!
Back to top Go down
klsmith
3rd Marked Servant
klsmith

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 7:35 pm

Ohhhhh, so many new characters.....and a new Queen to hate (since we learned to love the Vampire Queen) can hardly wait!
More than happy to help.....the scary part is that I decided to have children after I already worked labor for 3 years Twisted Evil And then still decided to do it again.
I have always loved that move for some reason...that and Scorpions chain throwing 'Get Over Here'.
Back to top Go down
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 8:38 pm

I'm not familiar with the Scorpions - I'm hopelessly out of touch, I know. As far as becoming a mom, I've come to the conclusion that is something a woman feels a true compulsion toward or not, and if she does, no amount of pain or obstacles will stand in the way of that biological call. So you're crazy, but in a very natural, expected way (laughter).
Back to top Go down
klsmith
3rd Marked Servant
klsmith

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 8:51 pm

LOL....here is the more modern (the other post was from the 1992 game:) version of scorpions move..here
Yes, I am sure that I was destined to have children from the first, the really funny part was my insane belief that I would be better able to tolerate labor since it was my job................nope, not at all, I was like the worst out of control, not follow directions patients I have ever seen. Embarrassing really, these ladies knew me, lol, I had to come back to work with them. They still loved me though.....or so I like to think Smile
Back to top Go down
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:57 pm

Kelly, I'm sure they do still love you - for one thing, I've met you, and you're entirely lovable (no matter what Mindy says - lol); for the other, I think it's common knowledge that people in medical professions make the world's worst patients - if they didn't, they might think something was wrong with you (grin). My own doctor admitted recently that he was overdue for his own physical, and his wife was having to badger him to go - and he's a great, very conscientious doc who stays on top of his patient's health (grin).
Back to top Go down
klsmith
3rd Marked Servant
klsmith

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:21 pm

LOL, Do what I say, not........too true, and thank you! *my favorite author says I'm lovable, HA!* Regardless of what Mindy might say, she loves me too, how could she not, oops Lost My Halo
Hope this means you met you goal for the night!!!
Back to top Go down
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:32 pm

Yes, goal met and newsletter sent out - thanks! Need to touch base with Matt on his questions, but not sure if we'll get the next set polished enough tonight to return to Kat, but she's very reasonable - just means she gets to hang out with him longer while we're working on that (lol).
Back to top Go down
Miss Mindy
Region Master
Region Master
Miss Mindy

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 12:15 am

Joey W. Hill wrote:
Of course, he's only referencing his secondhand knowledge of other husbands with difficult wives, because of course I have ALWAYS been sweet, loving, accommodating, adorable...etc etc etc. He'd probably love to have three or four of me. Ahem.
*snork* (yes that is the sound of the laugh I made when I read this) Oh of course Joey! I can't imagine you any other way. Wink Hell, I understand completely as I'd take three of four of you too!

Joey W. Hill wrote:
In my self-imposed writer's retreat at my mother's this week...
I'm at the parents this weekend as well. However I WISH I had a writing deadline...instead of the paternal family reunion I drug my husband and son along to attend (if I have to suffer...they have to suffer). And I noticed that you are taking some sanity time and stopping by the forum as well, albeit for different reasons than me (I had to drive to Nebraska for goddess sake, NEBRASKA!! *ahem*).

Joey W. Hill wrote:
Kelly, I'm sure they do still love you - for one thing, I've met you, and you're entirely lovable (no matter what Mindy says - lol)
HEY! You promised you wouldn't tell! LOL!!
klsmith wrote:
LOL, Do what I say, not........too true, and thank you! *my favorite author says I'm lovable, HA!* Regardless of what Mindy might say, she loves me too, how could she not, oops Lost My Halo
Actually it's quite true! I've decided if your brother ever decided I wasn't worth all the trouble...I'd ask for his family in the divorce. Hugs
Back to top Go down
doris gomez
3rd Marked Servant
doris gomez

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 2:38 pm

OK,MISS M, that line about, "It puts lotion on or it gets the . . . .", put the fear in me. Mwaaaahahaha ha ha. That movie scared the daylights outta me, like no other.

And, Funny Lady, MISS JOEY, with the, "[The first draft] looks like a serial killer storyboard."

AND, "I want to chuck the darn thing out the window and go to work at Walmart. . . . the muse has gone from rosy health to a glaring, wizened woman,"

AND, the idea of a birth vignette with Lady L. saying to Jacob, "Come closer so I can rip your head off!" My imagination kicked in with Lyssa huffing and puffing and chanting, "Out, out damn spot." Lady Macbeth like.

It's been another side splitting, rolling on the floor moment with my dear sleepy cats grumbling about raucous behavior unbecoming to a little old lady and disturbing of the peace.

Rock on peeps! bounce jump for joy lol! jump for joy bounce . . . . . . . . . . . . .!!!!!!

Thanks for some info on, Jacob and Lyssa III, I'd been wanting to know how the story was going, eager to explore the Fae world, but not wanting to ask, in case it wasn't going smoothly. Little did I know that it not going smoothly would be so hilarious.
Back to top Go down
VampireTemptressJaime
Mistress of the Boardroom
VampireTemptressJaime

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 8:38 pm

Joey W. Hill wrote:
And while I deeply appreciate your very generous offer (you really don't realize how generous that is, because my first drafts would send the hardiest soul shrieking), my first drafts are truly always a mess. It's because I subscribe to the puzzle assembly method of writing, where there are a lot of stops, starts, disjointed places, scenes that have nothing to do with the flow of the story stuck in there as place holders, etc. In short, until I get through that first round edit (and usually the 2nd and 3rd as well), I won't turn it over to a CP, because it's a waste of their time - it looks like a serial killer story board in a crime unit office (chuckle - actually probably not even that well organized). But you're still a dear for offering!

Damn...you foiled my plan, Joey. lol!
Back to top Go down
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 12:38 am

Mindy, I'm so glad you'd like 3-4 of me. That's a very sweet thing to say (unless you said that because you really need 3-4 personal slaves to help around the house and would keep all 3-4 of me in a dark hole when I was not waiting on you hand and foot. Actually, if I had 3-4 of me, that's how I'd probably be using them, so how can I cast stones? You also gave me a laugh with the vision of toting the son/husband off to Nebraska...yep, been there done that - the whole, if I have to endure this, you do too feeling.

Oh yeah, agree with Doris on the whole Silence of the Lambs things. Freaking scary-assed movie.

Doris, I'm very glad I was able to wake your cats and give you laughter at the same time. They sleep 16 hours a day, and since I am always in a state of envy over that boneless tranquility, I try to poke mine awake a few times a day just out of spite (laughter). They just go back to sleep, because they know I am their personal slave and not to be taken seriously anyhow.

Jaime, believe me, you wouldn't enjoy it. It would be a "WTF is this mess?!" moment. I know this, because that's exactly the reaction I have during the first edit - repeatedly.

Made the 60k in 6 days goal, everyone! Woohooo!! I'm telling everyone whose email I've been answering tonight, I'm so giddy. One more big scene to write and the first draft will be done. Then I can go to Orlando for a week with my husband and try VERY hard not to worry about the first edit until I get back!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend...
Back to top Go down
doris gomez
3rd Marked Servant
doris gomez

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 2:52 am

Congrats, Joey, on meeting your goal and moving us all a bit closer to VQ III.

OK, we all get how terrible the first draft is, but it occurred to me that you might want to save some key scenes and give them to us as excerpts sometime so we could compare the first draft of an event to the final draft in the book. Then we'd really appreciate all the rewriting that goes into good writing. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 12:36 pm

I am so glad you made your goal. Envious too. Can you teach me wise one? Not Worthy
Back to top Go down
Miss Mindy
Region Master
Region Master
Miss Mindy

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 1:00 am

Joey W. Hill wrote:
Mindy, I'm so glad you'd like 3-4 of me. That's a very sweet thing to say (unless you said that because you really need 3-4 personal slaves to help around the house and would keep all 3-4 of me in a dark hole when I was not waiting on you hand and foot. Actually, if I had 3-4 of me, that's how I'd probably be using them, so how can I cast stones?
...Made the 60k in 6 days goal, everyone! Woohooo!!

Joey 1, Joey 2, Joey 3 and Joey 4 would be well taken care of. After they wait on me hand and foot, they would be fed well by my other slaves then placed into their well lit storage closet.
lol!

Congratulations on meeting your writing goal!! Cheerleader
Back to top Go down
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 8:55 am

Doris wrote: "it occurred to me that you might want to save some key scenes and give them to us as excerpts sometime so we could compare the first draft of an event to the final draft in the book. Then we'd really appreciate all the rewriting that goes into good writing. Just a thought."

Nope - I'd rather have my teeth extracted with pliers. Chuckle - it's my small but intense vanity. I can't bear the idea of you seeing how lousy the first draft actually is because, in my tiny superstitious writer's mind, I'm sure it will change how you view me forever and you'll never read my books again. I did mention that most writers suffer from psychoses, right (and that was intended to be plural)?

Seriously, I may do that at some point, because it would actually be kind of interesting to me as well, to go back and do that comparison, since I'm overwriting it and never have that original version for comparison, either. Of course, I'm still not sure it would be all that coherent, because it's literally like a puzzle, where I'm breaking apart and rearranging the pieces, so it would be difficult to put two scenes side by side, a before and after...hmm, but there's got to be places where it's doable. I will ponder... (wink).

Sandy wrote: "Can you teach me, wise one?"
If you can teach me how to do multiple quote clips in the same post (lol). Obviously I'm having some trouble. As far as how to write that much in a week, it's easy. Get really behind on your deadline, have a major panic attack over it, run off to a secluded place for a week and beat on the keyboard during your waking hours each day , no matter what good, bad or absolutely senseless thing comes out of your head and through your fingertips. When I come back after my Florida vacation to do the first draft round, I'm sure you all will hear some cursing that would burn your ears coming from the NC coast!

Miss Mindy wrote: "Joey 1, Joey 2, Joey 3 and Joey 4 would be well taken care of. After they wait on me hand and foot, they would be fed well by my other slaves then placed into their well lit storage closet"

Er...would those slaves feeding the three mes look anything like your avatar with the collar there...(hopefully?) In which case, just leave us all in that closet, we'll be fiiiinnnnee. Snort. Oh, don't want to let the cat out of the bag, but I'm tuning in to Sunday's interview with Matt, and last I left it, they had some pretty diabolical plans in the works for Ben "off camera". You better keep an eye on those girls down in NOLA (wink).

Back to top Go down
doris gomez
3rd Marked Servant
doris gomez

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 12:07 pm

Oh, JOEY

I think that would be so great to see a part of the story on the drawing board and in the finished novel. Since you'd only do it after the book was published and everybody knew you were brilliant, it wouldn't be too threatening. Right?

Laughing No Suspect Wink confused Wink Suspect No Laughing tongue tongue
Back to top Go down
Miss Mindy
Region Master
Region Master
Miss Mindy

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 12:15 pm

Joey W. Hill wrote:
Sandy wrote: "Can you teach me, wise one?"
If you can teach me how to do multiple quote clips in the same post (lol).
I don't know how Sandy does it, but the key for me is multiple internet explorer windows or tabs being open. I have one open with the reply I will be posting. Then I have another open so I can click the 'Quote' button on one of the posts. Then I copy the 'Quote' text and paste it in my main reply. Hit the back button and repeat until all quotes are in the main reply. Then proceed to insert my 2 cents worth.

Joey W. Hill wrote:
Er...would those slaves feeding the three mes look anything like your avatar with the collar there...(hopefully?) In which case, just leave us all in that closet, we'll be fiiiinnnnee. Snort.

*Laughter* Joey, Joey, Joey...of course my male slaves will be collared, hot, and well oiled. Twisted Evil

Joey W. Hill wrote:
Oh, don't want to let the cat out of the bag, but I'm tuning in to Sunday's interview with Matt, and last I left it, they had some pretty diabolical plans in the works for Ben "off camera". You better keep an eye on those girls down in NOLA (wink).

*Eyebrow raised, looking in the direction of New Orleans* Sandy and I came to an agreement at AAD. Ben can Top her as much as he desires. But I crave to Top him for a night, which will in turn will raise his Alpha hackles and then when I release him on Sandy...there will be fireworks. LOL (yes I love the challenge of an Alpha male) So intrigued as to what is planed for Ben during their interview.
Back to top Go down
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 12:16 pm

Oh my, my deepseated artistic insecurities revealed (lol). I'll have to wait and see if I can marshall enough courage... :mouseonwheel:
Back to top Go down
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 12:19 pm

Mindy, I don't know what I was thinking - of course your male slaves will be prepared in such a fashion. Forgive me for doubting (lol).

Thanks for the quote tip - I'll try that next time!

And tune in Sunday to find out...it's not so much what happens during the interview as what all they're planning when the interview ENDS. Deleted scenes and all that (wicked grin). Those girls are pure trouble! Would love to be a fly on the wall in NOLA this weekend!
Back to top Go down
Miss Mindy
Region Master
Region Master
Miss Mindy

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 2:19 pm

Joey W. Hill wrote:
Mindy, I don't know what I was thinking - of course your male slaves will be prepared in such a fashion. Forgive me for doubting (lol).
You are forgiven. LOL. And as a special treat, I will arrange to have the Joey clones bathe and oil the male slaves. Drool

Joey W. Hill wrote:
Thanks for the quote tip - I'll try that next time!
Let me know if you have any issues or questions. But who knows, Sandy might have an easier less 'Copy/Paste' intensive process.

Joey W. Hill wrote:
...Those girls are pure trouble! Would love to be a fly on the wall in NOLA this weekend!
If I had the opportunity, I'd be purchasing a last minute ticket to NOLA to take part in the skulduggery. World Traveler
My heart aches at the thought of not being with my girls reeking havoc through the streets of New Orleans.
Me -> Crying or Very sad Hissy Fit
Them -> Drink Up :Arg:
Back to top Go down
doris gomez
3rd Marked Servant
doris gomez

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 2:41 pm

JOEY, you make me laugh. Confronting your insecurities is good for the soul, you write about it all the time. Mina was one giant insecurity and she sailed inelegantly through to a HEA. Look at Gideon in VT, poor guy, still made it through to a 3-way HEA.

In thinking about this, 'cause I understand how a scene could be problematic, you could just save the original beginning or ending for comparison, that way you wouldn't have to track a scene.

Or truthfully, you could just chose not to do it. I just thought it'd be interesting.

bounce flower lol! flower bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Risque Reviews interview   Risque Reviews interview - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Risque Reviews interview
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next