Fans of Joey W. Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME TO THE JOEY W. HILL FAN FORUM!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ben & Marcie

Go down 
+22
ashN
reese
Minuet
musette
FAIRIE
Boardroom Fan
sanpedrocyndi
Miss Mindy
maryde
MistressKatishka
Aleah
ninapie
doris gomez
Saint Maria
browneyedgirl
Terry
Sandy
Sunteller
Fran
Joey W. Hill
Rebekah
whatmeworry
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
pat
3rd Marked Servant
pat

Ben & Marcie - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben & Marcie   Ben & Marcie - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 6:21 pm

MistressKatishka wrote:
Joey, don't you dare apologize for that! You just do what you have to do and spend your time with your mother. She needs you right now. The books can wait. All of us will still be here waiting with bated breath for what's to come just as soon as you are able to get to them.

Hugs and best wishes to you and to your mom, always!

Kat, you said that so well! Joey, nothing is more important than the time you spend with your Mom right now. I know we are all grateful that you still take time out to visit us on the forum but I don't think anyone would expect that any of the books would have priority at this point. Your family is way more important!
Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: Ben & Marcie   Ben & Marcie - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 6:30 pm

Very much agree with what MK and Pat said, Joey. I know that we are all waiting for Master Ben to come to us with bated breath but there are more important things going on right now. No worries about us! Just spend as much time with your Mom as you can right now. Most important of all! SM
Back to top Go down
aleeshaw
Fan
Fan
aleeshaw

PostSubject: Re: Ben & Marcie   Ben & Marcie - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 6:30 pm

So well said Mistress Katishka! I wish only to echo your sentiment.

Joey although we sound like a legion of Willy Wonka' s Veruca - I want it now-Salts we can wait. I think you'd be amazed at how long fan forum followers can hold their collective baited breath.

-barely-

I know stop with the alliterations but Willy started it!
Back to top Go down
whatmeworry
Fan
Fan
whatmeworry

PostSubject: Re: Ben & Marcie   Ben & Marcie - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:34 pm

Joey, each minute with your mom is precious, savor it.

We all appreciate the update, and will wait here *patiently* for your books when you can work on them.
Back to top Go down
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

PostSubject: Re: Ben & Marcie   Ben & Marcie - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 9:17 pm

Thank you ladies, very much. :> And I love the alliterations, Aleeshaw. I just caught a portion of that movie a couple weeks ago - the original of course, the only one worth seeing (wink - not that I have any strong opinions about it!)
Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: Ben & Marcie   Ben & Marcie - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 9:24 pm

So can we still speculate on what is going to happen in the book then, Joey? Still got lots of idea going around in my little devious head! SM
Back to top Go down
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

PostSubject: Re: Ben & Marcie   Ben & Marcie - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 9:48 pm

SM, you're always welcome to speculate - no prohibitions on that on the forum, and talking about the books is always encouraged. As I noted earlier, I won't likely confirm or deny the speculations at this point, to ensure we don't give away the good parts of the book or key points of the storyline, but as long as it's fun for you guys to speculate together, have fun doing so! :>
Back to top Go down
whatmeworry
Fan
Fan
whatmeworry

PostSubject: Re: Ben & Marcie   Ben & Marcie - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 1:02 am

Well... since we can still speculate, I wonder if there's going to be an under the radar allusion to other Joey worlds. I remember in Lucas's book there was a mention of Thomas the art dealer.
Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: Ben & Marcie   Ben & Marcie - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 6:47 pm

Your right, WMW. I caught that as well the last time I read the book. Not sure if we will or not. Could be and it would be interesting if we saw some people come in from the other books! SM
Back to top Go down
LynnE
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Ben & Marcie   Ben & Marcie - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 11:41 pm

Hi Joey and fellow joeyaholics -

I hope that Leland Keller gets his own story too....i know he was a "minor" in Afterlife but he definately has a story to tell and maybe he could "run" into Mac & Violet on vacation or a cop convention...humm someplace tropical like Atlantis?

Thanks for all your great writing Joey - looking forward to your next release!

LynnE
Back to top Go down
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

PostSubject: Re: Ben & Marcie   Ben & Marcie - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 7:28 am

Lynn, great to have you here! Leland came through so strongly, I feel very certain he will have his own story. One of the ideas being bandied around is with Ellen from Rough Canvas (the widow that Julie brought dancing?), but the muse hasn't totally made up her mind yet! LOve the idea of them running into Mac and Violet and kind of gels with the idea we have that Leland and Max's stories may actually fall under the Nature of Desire series, since the Knights of the Board Room were based on the stories of the five "knights", such that once we tell Ben's story, that closes that circle. But that doesn't mean we won't see them again - you know how my characters like to make guest appearances all over the damn place (chuckle) - I've got angels showing up with vampires, and Knights wandering into Tyler's club, etc... (which also kind of answers your comment, WMW and Maria - we'll see - not a lot of crossover in Ben's book yet, but he and Marcie are pretty one-on-one intense - but Max plays a part!)

Thanks for continuing to read my work, Lynn - I'm so glad to have you as a reader! :> (And same goes to all of you!)
Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: Ben & Marcie   Ben & Marcie - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 10:27 am

WMW, that does answer our question! Cool! Joey, I do have a timeline question for you. I am reading Rough Canvas as we speak, about 40% into it, and at the beginning of CR I noticed that it was Marcus and Thomas, the same ones from Rough Canvas, who gave Lucas the direction on where to find the little off the beaten path area. Are all the NOD books, and I have not read BS yet, set before all the Knights books? Not sure about Matt's but I do get the feeling that the rest are.

Also, in CR, at the beginning Lucas talked about his Mom and Dad in Iowa and the fact that he goes to visit them at Christmas. Of all the Knights, he is the only one whose parents are still living. Matt's Mom died early, his Dad was killed. Peter's parents died in the car accident. Jon's parents were also killed and we know that Ben was abandoned and orpaned at 5 at this point, but am assumed that they are dead as well? So, Lucas is the only one who has a living family and I wonder if they could have been in the picture with all the kids in the last 6 years as well?

LynnE, if you go back to the beginning of this thread, you can read the many pages of discussion that we had, and Joey was in there too, on what was going to happened to the Knights once Master Ben was done and if Leland and Max and Janet too might get their own books. I personally would love to see them under the NOD. Cannot wait to read about Ellen and Julie in RC and see if Ellen might fit with Leland. I liked him!

WMW, Joey mentioned Max playing a part with Ben and Marcie. I wonder what kinda of "part" he might have acutal been asked to play? What do you think? Very interesting.... SM
Back to top Go down
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

PostSubject: Re: Ben & Marcie   Ben & Marcie - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 12:16 pm

Lucas's Iowa family is actually his adopted family, because one of the big connecting factors between the knights is they all lost their parents young. I didn't make that clear in the earlier books, but it will be mentioned in Hostile Takeover.

As far as the timing for NOD vs KOBR, because some of them were written around the same time,I think there's some overlap and intertwining in the timelines but I'd have to go back and do a series bible on both to figure that one out (grin).

With respect to the current draft of HT, Lucas's parents don't really play much of a role. There's so much ground to cover with Marcie and Ben one-on-one, I haven't expanded too much in that peripheral direction, though it might be a good interview or vignette detail inclusion later down the line to explore further.

Let me know if that doesn't answer the question! I'll leave the speculation about Max open ended, but I will say he is a part of HT (wink).
Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: Ben & Marcie   Ben & Marcie - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 1:14 pm

Joey,

Thanks for the claification on Lucus' family. I was a bit confused on that one. I did think I remember you saying that all of the Knights had lost their families young, but went back to reference the part about Marcus and Thomas, I saw that. So, I was a bit confused. I was not aware that it was his adopted parents. Good to know that HT will clear that up for everyone too. Thanks!

OK on the timeline thing for NOD vs the Knights. Will see what I think more after I finish up Rough Canvas and then start on BS, hopefully by the end of next week I should be able to do that. I guess I did not think that Lucus' family might play a role in HT, but I was just confused since I did not think that any of their real parent were still living. Adoption! Wonderful! Can very much see as well how Master Ben and Marcie will keep each other busy. Lordy.

Huh, will have to think on this Max matter a bit more. How could he fit in here?... Ex Seal, Dom, smoking hot (per Dana), etc. Interesting.. Any ideas anyone? SM
Back to top Go down
Aleah
Territory Overlord
Territory Overlord
Aleah

PostSubject: Re: Ben & Marcie   Ben & Marcie - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 2:18 pm

Those Ex-Seal's are always dominant. So to put that with Max...hmmm... let me think a minute...
Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: Ben & Marcie   Ben & Marcie - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 6:39 pm

Yeah, those Seals are hot!! Man, I got the idea of him playing the part of a little third for Ben and Marcie rolling around in my head now and it is pretty smokin!! Ten to one that Marice was a bit mouthy, sassed a bit and well, might pretty much got herself good and worked over!!! With of course, Ben's totally approval and Marcie understand, to quote Sandy's interview, " just who her Master is"!! SM
Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: Ben & Marcie   Ben & Marcie - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 6:24 pm

OK, I posted my review of Rough Canvas in the NOD thread, but I wanted to mention this here since were talking about the fate of the Knights since HT is for the most part set in stone and done. Well except for Master Ben pulling his head out of his butt and not messing it up with Marcie!!

I loved, loved Julie in RC and I thought she came across as the most strong of all the secondary players in that book, but I am not sure if she is right for Leland at this point. She needs someone pretty strong and I am thinking more like Max for someone like her. I am thinking still who else might be a good fit, but I still have BS left to go before I finish up that series!

I also loved Ellen, and her great sadness was a very touching part of the book. Thomas helped her laugh and smile alot in that dancing scene and I thing someone more along that line, and Leland I think would very much be a better fit here, then with Julie I think. She needs someone to take care of her! Just my take on them in RC!! Of couse, Joey's muse is pretty good and sniffing out the right matches so I will leave that to her at this time. Loved them both.

So, I think to put them in the NOD in this would be totally cool. The Knights are the Knights, but that does not mean they would not show up from time to time. They seem to do that alot... Funny. SM
Back to top Go down
whatmeworry
Fan
Fan
whatmeworry

PostSubject: Re: Ben & Marcie   Ben & Marcie - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 7:31 pm

Since Max was driving around Dana, and all the Knights were tight, then he would have interacted with Marcie. Especially if Dana was spending time with the Marcie's druggie brother (forgot his name) who was dying in "Honor Bound". What if she uses Max to try to get Ben jealous and Ben let's that play out before reeling her in?

I'm like dying for this book... I've had the new Nalini Singh to tide me over, but the BDSM theme isn't as prevalent there.
Back to top Go down
SeekingRelease
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Ben & Marcie   Ben & Marcie - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 12:44 am

I'm thinking Marcie would try to test the waters. As most kids she would not want the immediate or extended family to know what she was up to. Who then to call when she needed to send out an SOS? Who would be discrete, able to "handle" problems, wasn't family and had access to wheels? Our dear friend Max.

Also, who would be an excellent choice to dip her toe in the lifestyle with? Also, our dear friend Max. Especially, if Ben is off limits. I am assuming that Marcie sees him that way early on. Max wouldn't be considered as intimate a family member as Ben?

Have been locked away in YA Lit world and the 19th century literature level of hell...House of Mirth and Sister Carrie ring a bell?

Is Joey still writing around the respon. of taking cae of her mother? How far back was the anticipated release date pushed?
Back to top Go down
Boardroom Fan
2nd Marked Servant
Boardroom Fan

PostSubject: Re: Ben & Marcie   Ben & Marcie - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 12:48 am

Seeking Release,
I'm sorry to say that Joey's mom passed away two weeks ago. Joey has not been on the forum in that time,but you can post condolences on Lord Mason's Desert Oasis http://www.fansofjoeywhill.com/t837p60-joey-s-ongoing-schedule-family-situation

I have heard from one of the admins that Joey is doing ok, she just has a lot to deal with at this time.
Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: Ben & Marcie   Ben & Marcie - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 12:09 pm

SR,

I do not think that Marcie is going to go to Max first in terms of getting into the lifestyle. Remember, her attraction to Ben goes back to CR and Joey herself as said here on this thread, that her love and devotion to Ben is absolute by the time this book gets around. She loves and trusts him to the point that she is willing to get involved pretty deep physically with him and as we all know, Master Ben is a bit rough.

Max will be involved in this, but I am thinking only if Ben approves it! I think that since all others are now married, and maybe with familes, that Max is a nature choice here to be a third. Marcie might get him involved in terms of making Ben jealous, that I can see, since I have said that I think jealously could play a part on both sides in this one.

WMW, Marcie's older brother's name is Jeremy and we saw him in CR and a bit in HB. At the end of HB, did not know if he lived or died since he had gotten AIDS from his drug use. So, we do know his fate and Joey would not say yes or no since this would be part of HT and that would be a plot spoiler. I am guessing he lived and we will see the end of his arch or mybe not, in HT.

SR, I think that Marcie only thinks that Ben is off limits until she is 21. As Joey has mentioned, no way would he touch her before she is 21 and she knows this so she has not gone after him before then. I am guessing she very much knows his nature, about all these other women he has, but also know he keeps him to the club and really has not no other outside relationships in that time frame. Maybe she does not know really why, but since we know that Master Ben had a very troubled childhood, and that plays a part as to why he has keep it so. Now that she is 21, she is very much free to go after what she wants.

However, she has to get him to: A. Notice her for what she is! B. For him to take her seriously and understand this is what and who she wants and C. For her to convince those around her, ie. Cass and Lucus, that she knows what she is doing and what she is getting into but agian, this is what she wants!! At some time, he is going to come around and see all this, but it will be hard I think for Marcie to get through a lot of the barriers that he has put up. She is going to have a hard time and it will be emotionally trying on both of them until they get it staight I think!

Love to speculate about Master Ben! Very much looking forward to HT and to see if some of my ideas are right or just totally off the wall! SM
Back to top Go down
whatmeworry
Fan
Fan
whatmeworry

PostSubject: Re: Ben & Marcie   Ben & Marcie - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 1:04 pm

Consider if Marcie had gone off to college in another state... knowing Ben's predilictions she might have explored there in order not to be scared off easily.
Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: Ben & Marcie   Ben & Marcie - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 1:59 pm

True, WMW! If she did go off in another state, she could have explored more easily since there would be less of a chance of it get back to him or the others. One of the things I am wondering about is just how much experience over all she is going to have. Some or totally none?

Physically, it is going to be very hard going up against a very experienced Master like Ben with none at all. We know that Ben is an emotional wreck, but she might take the route to get to that you have to go through the physical first which totally puts her at the disadvantage. Her strength, I believe, is on the emotional side due to her having much more of a solid background thanks to Cass and Lucus. No matter what, both are going to be very hard on her, but I think she is going to understand that ahead of time and very much knows what she is getting herself into.

It is going to be the issue I think, in the end, of what is is going to take to get Master Ben to crack. Very interesting!! Love your train of thought, WMW! SM
Back to top Go down
whatmeworry
Fan
Fan
whatmeworry

PostSubject: Re: Ben & Marcie   Ben & Marcie - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 3:06 pm

What if she explored away at college and brought a Dom friend to spur Ben's instincts? Like if he refused to consider that she might have those needs...

When will this thing be out? *sob*
Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: Ben & Marcie   Ben & Marcie - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 3:35 pm

WMW,

Joey has said that when Marcie was in high school and then "away" at college that they kept in touch. That is a part of that backstory and what their relationship is to each other during that time. I wonder if she had brought back boyfriends and such and she very much could have learned some of the basic ropes of the lifestyle while at collage. Again, I think going into this thing with Master Ben with NO experience what so every is pretty much suicide on her part!!

However, I really do not think anything would be serious on her part. Since CR we have known what and who she wants. I do think that jealousy on both sides is going to be an issue!! More so Marcie with all these women that I am sure she does know about. She could very much try to make his jealous to spur him along and I am sure that would be considered "Topping from the Bottom". Bad, Bad no no!!

I guess that once Joey takes the time she needs right now and the muse is flowing again, we will get an idea of when this wil be out. On her website, she put that she is going to try to have it to EC by the end of the year but will see on that. I know she had the edit rounds left on it, but then there is the 2nd SAW book that since I think needs to be in by the end of next month, needs to take priority. So, hopefully we will know more soon and then get an idea when we might see the first couple of excerpts. OMG!! Cannot wait! SM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ben & Marcie   Ben & Marcie - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ben & Marcie
Page 17 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fans of Joey W. Hill :: The Cauldron :: Knights of the Boardroom Series-
Jump to: