Fans of Joey W. Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME TO THE JOEY W. HILL FAN FORUM!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8)

Go down 
+19
FreeSpirit
SuzyR
reese
raeann
Anonymous Me
Aleah
jenna1313
Joey W. Hill
Shiesty23
Mistress Vicki
Boardroom Fan
Saint Maria
pat
Fran
Sandy
Preternatural Addict
musette
maryde
MistressKatishka
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MistressKatishka
Mistress of the Boardroom
MistressKatishka

Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8) Empty
PostSubject: Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8)   Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 12:40 pm

((The following is taken from Joeys Official Website. Visit her at www.storywitch.com))

Sworn to obedience, compelled by loyalty, and threatened with damnation for betrayal, Jacob entered Lady Lyssa’s servitude as a human servant. Now he is a vampire, but still bound to Lyssa, who has found herself struggling with the capricious powers that have come alive in her paternal Fae blood—and challenged by two enemies…

While the Vampire Council threatens to take away Lyssa and Jacob’s newborn son, the Fae Queen has ordered Lyssa to appear before the Otherworld court to face inescapable charges. The Fae have nothing but contempt for vampires, but to serve her, protect her, nourish her, and pleasure her, Jacob will follow his lady into hell itself. No one—neither Fae nor vampire—will compel him to break the oath he made to serve a vampire queen forever.

Coming December 6, 2011!!

Last edited by MistressKatishka on Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
maryde
Region Master
Region Master
maryde

PostSubject: Re: Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8)   Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 4:25 am

Oh poor Lyssa
Poor Jacob and poor baby Kane........
Thanks Kat for this tempting insight. I can't wait for this new turn in the Vampire lives of Lady Lyssa and Jacob.
Back to top Go down
musette
3rd Marked Servant
musette

PostSubject: Re: Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8)   Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 5:00 pm

Ooooh, just got my 2nd widget!!!! 78 and 232 days to wait for next fangy fix.....

Will just have to re-read, re-read and re-read again.....bloody addict that I am!!! Pulling Out Hair
Back to top Go down
Preternatural Addict
3rd Marked Servant
Preternatural Addict

PostSubject: Re: Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8)   Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 2:59 am

New widget yay thanks Mistress Kat! Oooo, can't wait!

At least the re-reading is pleasurable aye Musette Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8)   Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 11:54 pm

Love it!
Back to top Go down
Fran
2nd Marked Servant

PostSubject: Re: Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8)   Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 8:00 am

Only 170 days to go!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
pat
3rd Marked Servant
pat

PostSubject: Re: Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8)   Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 8:35 am

Gosh, said that way, it doesn't sound that long somehow lol!
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8)   Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 9:14 pm

Your right, 170 days does not seem bad. Joey keeps us busy so that is cool.
Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8)   Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 8:18 pm

Bet you get to see some D and G in this one, huh, Musette? I wonder if they are gonna be kicking some butt!! SM
Back to top Go down
musette
3rd Marked Servant
musette

PostSubject: Re: Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8)   Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 2:17 am

I cant wait for this book to come out...got all my faves in....Jacob and Lyssa, D, G and A....Oh yeah....C'MON!!!
How many days is it now??? bounce bounce bounce very excited!! Early Christmas prezzy!
Back to top Go down
Fran
2nd Marked Servant

PostSubject: Re: Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8)   Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 4:54 am

I can't wait either, I might have to take annual leave so I can stay home and read uninterrupted!!
Back to top Go down
maryde
Region Master
Region Master
maryde

PostSubject: Re: Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8)   Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 3:19 am

LOL... *waving* Hi Fran
have not caught up for ages...how goes Sydney??? OperaHouse
Back to top Go down
pat
3rd Marked Servant
pat

PostSubject: Re: Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8)   Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 6:59 am

I am desperately seeking new reading material. I always keep several books going at once and I know at least one of them will be a reread of one of Joey's books. Want to hold off rereading the first two till closer to Bound coming out.
Back to top Go down
Fran
2nd Marked Servant

PostSubject: Re: Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8)   Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 7:38 am

maryde wrote:
LOL... *waving* Hi Fran
have not caught up for ages...how goes Sydney??? OperaHouse
Sydneys cold and wet at the moment. I'm at the end of VI and am reading slowly cause I'm not ready to say goodbye to Mal and Elise yet!! Koala Waving Hello
Back to top Go down
Boardroom Fan
2nd Marked Servant
Boardroom Fan

PostSubject: Re: Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8)   Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 12:43 am

For all of you in the southern hemisphere, I wish warm nights by the fire and great reading!! or come visit Southern California, the weather is lovely at the moment. (OK most of the time it's lovely.)

I just spent the last week slowly savoring Vampire Queen's Servant and The Mark of the Vampire Queen. I am now cursing myself because it is 142 days before there is more Lyssa and Jacob. pyro Yes, I plan to reread the other five VQ books, but that will not take 4 months. I'm with Pat, Any suggestions????? (At least until the Ben and Marie/Hostile Takeover is released ....)
Back to top Go down
Fran
2nd Marked Servant

PostSubject: Re: Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8)   Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 2:50 am

Just finished Vampire Instinct, OMG! Joey will we get a 'catch up' with Mal and Elise and Nerida and Lord Marshall in 'Bound by a Vampire Queen' ? I'd love to know some baby news from them and will we ever visit Nerida and Lord Marshall again? My heart bled for her and her loss, to lose one baby would be bad but 3 ?! I don't think I would have survived. Even though they now have two of the fledglings, will they ever have a succesful pregnancy?!!! I just love my HEA's!!!
Back to top Go down
Mistress Vicki
Fan
Fan
Mistress Vicki

PostSubject: Re: Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8)   Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 2:55 pm

I am wondering If Ms. Lyssa is a awful person. I have never read her books and I can't get a hold of them, so I only read about her in BV,VM, and VT, and got a few glimpses of her, and what I read she's seems complex. well anyways I hope its a good book when it comes. study flower
Back to top Go down
pat
3rd Marked Servant
pat

PostSubject: Re: Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8)   Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 4:34 pm

In my mind, Lyssa definitely is NOT an awful person. She is the last Vampire Queen and is roughly 1000 years old. She is strong and powerful (and scary) because she has had to be to survive that long.

She doesn't put up with anything from anyone and she is definitely a tough Mistress. Having said that, she cares about her species, her servant and others around her (including her servant's brother who is in the business of killing members of her species off). However, caring doesn't mean she will be gentle or soft in dealing with any of them, cause those just aren't her skill sets.

She is definitely more a protecting figure than a mothering one.

You can purchase the books Vampire Queen's Servant and Mark of the Vampire Queen online from either Barnes and Noble or Amazon. I think the paperback books run around $10 and the ebooks run around $12 (which is an odd situtation, normally the ebooks are less). Amazon also has some used ones showing for a good bit less (but I've never purchaased a used book that way so woudn't know how to do it).

As you can probably tell, I think these books are great so my suggestion would be to get them prior to reading Bound.
Back to top Go down
Boardroom Fan
2nd Marked Servant
Boardroom Fan

PostSubject: Re: Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8)   Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 4:48 pm

I totally agree with everything Pat just posted. I actually think Lyssa is a very good soul who has been formed by her experiences. You absolutely should read Vampire Queen's Servant and Mark of the Vampire Queen. Buying used on Amazon is easy, but usually you can't get free shipping. If you are buying both books, new may end up to be cheaper because of the shipping.
Back to top Go down
Shiesty23
Fan
Fan
Shiesty23

PostSubject: Re: Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8)   Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 6:43 pm

Complex is definitely what Lady Lyssa is Mistress Vicki. She isn't, by any means, an awful person. I suppose the glimpses of her in those stories could be easily perceived as such. She's what Jacob said she is in B.V… a Queen.

Effective leadership in this Vampire world, I believe, is not about courting approval or being liked, it’s defined by results not attributes.

Those moments in the other stories where she seems cruel, to me, is her way of reminding those she love or deems her friends that they must not show any signs of weakness. There may be a time when they're in unfriendly company and any slip will likely be pounced upon quickly delt with in a very deadly manor.

So to protect her people, Lyssa may have to interject some hard learn lessons to keep them safe.

However, Lyssa is after all, the oldest vampire alive. Old ways of thinking are hard to break. In many ways, she reminds me of Mistress Marguerite in the N.O D series, if you have not read that series I definitely recommend it. Both women are perceived one way but once you get to know them, you see that they really are lovely strong women.

Shi
Back to top Go down
Mistress Vicki
Fan
Fan
Mistress Vicki

PostSubject: Re: Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8)   Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 10:09 am

Thanks you guys for explaining, now I can't wait to get the book when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
pat
3rd Marked Servant
pat

PostSubject: Re: Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8)   Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 11:48 am

Don't forget to pick up Servant and Mark to read before Bound comes out. I'm sure that one will make a lot more sense after reading the two books that were specifically about Lyssa and Jacob.
Back to top Go down
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

PostSubject: Re: Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8)   Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 9:11 pm

You all did a wonderful job describing Lyssa's complexity. She continues to be one of my more controversial characters, but I'm definitely on the side of those who adore her (grin), I think because of her complex nature. Love those prickly heroines. Mistress Vicki, hope you like her as well, but I look forward to your feedback either way - diversity of opinion is one of the great things on the forum!

Fran, we won't get an update on our Vampire Instinct characters in Bound by the Vampire Queen, but we might do a future vignette or revisit them when I do a book about Alistair and Nina down the line (or even in Mason and Jess's next book, since he was involved in the girls' future!). So not immediately, but eventually you will get that update. And you know me - I'm fond of HEAs as well (wink).

On that note, now that I've turned in the copyedit galley for BBtVQ, the Chapter One excerpt is finally available on the BBtVQ book page on my website. (look under the VQS series link in the gold bar side menu). Hope you like this opening glimpse of the next VQ book. Let me know if you have trouble finding it.
Back to top Go down
Boardroom Fan
2nd Marked Servant
Boardroom Fan

PostSubject: Re: Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8)   Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 9:26 pm

Joey,
You are too good to us! Thank you for the excerpt. tyvm I am off to read it now!
Back to top Go down
jenna1313
Fan
Fan
jenna1313

PostSubject: Re: Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8)   Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 10:06 pm

Sorry no suggestions. Trying to figure out how to pass the time. I am so looking forward to this book! It was nice to see a peek of Jacob in the last episode of the D, A, and G vignette. If you haven't checked it out, it was the best!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8)   Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bound by the Vampire Queen (Book #8)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next