Fans of Joey W. Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME TO THE JOEY W. HILL FAN FORUM!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Holding The Cards (Book #1)

Go down 
+11
behalf23
Saint Maria
Sandy
Lauralee
Terry
doris gomez
tinal13
JerryT
Dannyfiredragon
Jennifer Leeland
VampireTemptressJaime
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
VampireTemptressJaime
Mistress of the Boardroom
VampireTemptressJaime

Holding The Cards (Book #1) Empty
PostSubject: Holding The Cards (Book #1)   Holding The Cards (Book #1) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 3:15 pm

From storywitch.com

Lauren just wants to find Mr. Right. That's not an easy goal for a woman who wants a man willing to be chained to her in more ways than just matrimony.

A successful doctor with a healthy attitude toward sex, unashamed of her proclivities as a sexual dominant, she wants love and a family. But she's beginning to believe that there is no Mr. Right willing to stand by her in sickness and health, and be cuffed, stripped, and smacked with a riding crop.

Then Lauren's friend Lisette invites her to spend a long weekend on a private island. It turns out Lisette can't come with her, but Lauren opts to go anyway, with no one for company but Joshua, the island caretaker and his visiting friend, Marcus. Though both men are beautiful, it is Joshua that catches Lauren's attention, and not just because Marcus prefers men. Something in Josh's stormy eyes calls to her. When Marcus facilitates a game of submission and control between the three of them that will last throughout the weekend, Lauren embraces the opportunity. Josh overwhelms her with his willingness to submit to her body's desires, but her heart wants to get to the secrets behind those eyes. She is going to have to tear down his defenses and make him give her everything. And this is one Mistress who doesn't take no for an answer.
Back to top Go down
Jennifer Leeland
Dedicated Fan
Dedicated Fan
Jennifer Leeland

PostSubject: Re: Holding The Cards (Book #1)   Holding The Cards (Book #1) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 10:27 pm

I think this is one of Mistress Joey's books that flies under the radar. I read this later than many of her other books and I have to say, it's underestimated.

This story has one of the most powerful and amazing scenes where Josh faces one of his deepest wounds and purges it. It represents Our Mistress's best gift--the ability to show healing.

I love it and if you haven't tried it yet, it's worth the money.
Back to top Go down
http://jenniferleeland.com
Dannyfiredragon
1st Marked Servant
Dannyfiredragon

PostSubject: Re: Holding The Cards (Book #1)   Holding The Cards (Book #1) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 12:08 pm

Jennifer Leeland wrote:
I think this is one of Mistress Joey's books that flies under the radar. I read this later than many of her other books and I have to say, it's underestimated.

This story has one of the most powerful and amazing scenes where Josh faces one of his deepest wounds and purges it. It represents Our Mistress's best gift--the ability to show healing.

I love it and if you haven't tried it yet, it's worth the money.

Jennifer,

I can second that!
Back to top Go down
http://loveromancesandmore.blogspot.com/
JerryT
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Holding The Cards (Book #1)   Holding The Cards (Book #1) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 4:57 pm

I agree with Jennifer that this novel sometimes falls through the cracks. I've also read Nature of Desire completely out of order which meant that each novel had to stand on its own merits. I do _not_ recommend this approach but it worked for me anyway. In any case don't miss Holding the Cards.

(I read Virtual Reality in the middle of reading all the Nature of Desire books. I think it too gets overlooked too often as it also is an excellent read.)

One of the really neat features of all of Joey's anthologies is how she ties in characters from past books. If you liked Josh and Lauren's story in Holding the Cards you'll be pleased to see them both reappear in Mirror of my Soul and Canvas.
Back to top Go down
tinal13
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Holding The Cards (Book #1)   Holding The Cards (Book #1) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 1:48 am

Just downloaded this book and Natural Law from Ellora's Cave. Gotta play catch up while waiting for the next installment of the Vampire series!! Now, if this night will fly by, and I can get home from work, I'll be tucked up with my computer, a good cuppa coffee, my dogs at my feet and the cat under the bed ... yeah ... heaven!!
Back to top Go down
doris gomez
3rd Marked Servant
doris gomez

PostSubject: Re: Holding The Cards (Book #1)   Holding The Cards (Book #1) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 12:15 pm

Thanks TINAL13,

For bringing this book back to my attention. It's one I read a long time ago and can barely recall. I recently reread, If Wishes Were Horses and really enjoyed the story, which included a brief look at a mermaid/angel duo and a very sexy belly dance shades of, Beloved Vampire.

Again, tenks for chiming in and glad to meet cha.
Waving Hello
Back to top Go down
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Holding The Cards (Book #1)   Holding The Cards (Book #1) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 6:43 pm

I LOVED loved loved this book. It's where we meet Marcus, who later shows up in Rough Canvas. He's a third but necessary character in this book, and Lauren & Josh's story is fantastic!

Enjoy!!
Back to top Go down
Lauralee
Fan
Fan
Lauralee

PostSubject: Re: Holding The Cards (Book #1)   Holding The Cards (Book #1) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 9:57 pm

I must admit that I underestimated this book. The scene with Josh was amazing, but after reading the heavier material of the Vampire Mistress books, this pages on this one flew by so quickly that I didn't give it its fair due. Then the more I read of the series, the more I saw the role of Josh and Lauren in the storyline. After Marcus' book, I had to stop and re-read the book. So glad I did! I understood so much more about the characters and got much more enjoyment out of the book this go round. Josh and Marcus are wrapped around my heart now.
Back to top Go down
tinal13
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Holding The Cards (Book #1)   Holding The Cards (Book #1) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 12:38 am

Oh, man!!! These books are something else!! I finished Holding the Cards this morning, then this afternoon started Natural Law ... later tonight I will download Ice Queen. gotta have this whole series!! I've never read anything like them!! And yes, I can't wait for Marcus's story!! At the rate I'm going, it won't be but a few days!!
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: Holding The Cards (Book #1)   Holding The Cards (Book #1) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 9:23 am

I started with the vampire series and was hesitant to try another (at the time). Holding The Cards was my first and I loved it. I am so glad Joey did a book for Marcus. Marcus fascinated me in this book and I feel in love with him in his book.
I am sucker for all of. Joey's characters.

Mac and Tyler. Oh my. Lol

Enjoy the read.
Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: Holding The Cards (Book #1)   Holding The Cards (Book #1) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 8:27 pm

Cool! I just ordered this book, the first book in the NOD series, via Amazon today!! It is on its way. I am very anal about reading books in order so I have to start with the first one. Once I am done with this one, am ordering Violet and Mac. Then I think I will order 3 and 4 together since I know that they are the same couple, T and M. But, here I go! I gonna start another one of Joey's series!! Wish me luck!
Back to top Go down
behalf23
3rd Marked Servant
behalf23

PostSubject: Re: Holding The Cards (Book #1)   Holding The Cards (Book #1) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 9:37 pm

Dear SM;
I am soooo envious, you are experiencing NoD for the first time.. lol! You are in for a real treat. Take your time and read slowly, so you enjoy it to the max!

Barbara
Back to top Go down
doris gomez
3rd Marked Servant
doris gomez

PostSubject: Re: Holding The Cards (Book #1)   Holding The Cards (Book #1) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 9:44 pm

Well, I for one will wish you luck with your new Joey series. Like lots of others here I love Joey's guys and dolls. Been away awhile battling human frailty and the vicissitudes of life, not unlike Joey's protags, but hopefully like them I will show myself to be irascible and resilient in the end. We'll see. Anyway have fun with Joey's books. I always do and once is never enough for her stories.
Back to top Go down
doris gomez
3rd Marked Servant
doris gomez

PostSubject: Re: Holding The Cards (Book #1)   Holding The Cards (Book #1) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 9:45 pm

Hi Barbara. Glad to see you. bounce lol! bounce
Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: Holding The Cards (Book #1)   Holding The Cards (Book #1) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 10:17 pm

Thanks!! Cannot wait for it to get here. I have a few other books on preorder at Amazon but they are not being released until the 5th. So, this should tied me over until then. Am going to take my time reading this series however. I am thinking depending on time and free cash that it will be helpful in my mission to have something new of Joey's to read until she get done with Hostile Takeover. SM
Back to top Go down
behalf23
3rd Marked Servant
behalf23

PostSubject: Re: Holding The Cards (Book #1)   Holding The Cards (Book #1) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 10:46 am

Doris. Glad to see you, too! I was just over at Afterlife in Print topic and greeted you there. Good to see you back. Hugs, Barbara
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: Holding The Cards (Book #1)   Holding The Cards (Book #1) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 12:40 am

SM you will love the NoD series.
Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: Holding The Cards (Book #1)   Holding The Cards (Book #1) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 10:19 am

Hope so!! I am goint to start slow and see how I like it. Once I am done with them I will move on to the end one. Also, I have Maya Banks next Sweet book in PO at Amazon so that is going to come out on the 5th of April. So, I should have lots to read. SM
Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: Holding The Cards (Book #1)   Holding The Cards (Book #1) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 10:30 pm

The book had now shipped and I am waiting for it!! Hope to have it by this weekend, but I am re-reading Afterlife. Oh well, I might start this one and then go back to Jon. He will not mind! SM
Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: Holding The Cards (Book #1)   Holding The Cards (Book #1) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 8:11 pm

My copy arrived in the mailed today!! SM
Back to top Go down
behalf23
3rd Marked Servant
behalf23

PostSubject: Re: Holding The Cards (Book #1)   Holding The Cards (Book #1) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 12:24 am

SM--
we know what you are going to be doing this weekend. study lol!
Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: Holding The Cards (Book #1)   Holding The Cards (Book #1) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 8:23 pm

I wish!! I am at home tonight, but then heading out of town tommorow and will be back on Sunday. So, I do not know who much reading I am going to be getting done. I might be busy getting into all kinds of other trouble!! SM
Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: Holding The Cards (Book #1)   Holding The Cards (Book #1) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 8:49 pm

Well, I finished Book 1!!! Yeah!! What I great starter to this series. I loved Josh; I thought he was a wonderful lead and loved being introduced to Marcus as well. Cannot wait to read more of him in his book, Rough Canvas.

I did like Lauren, but I do have to say it was Josh who I really felt for. He thought he was a monster because of what he did, but that was totally not the case. It was so sad but it was great that he finally got to be what he really was with Lauren and not pretend and play games.

On to Book 2 now; Natural Law. Great book, Joey! SM
Back to top Go down
Pyper541
1st Marked Servant
Pyper541

PostSubject: Re: Holding The Cards (Book #1)   Holding The Cards (Book #1) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 4:43 pm

Tyler, being considered one of the most powerful male Doms at The Zone what would you say was your most interesting or enlightening session and why?
Back to top Go down
Saint Maria
3rd Marked Servant
Saint Maria

PostSubject: Re: Holding The Cards (Book #1)   Holding The Cards (Book #1) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 6:03 pm

Pyper541,

I think you need, per what I remember of the contest, under the Tyler interview section in the character interview forum. Might need to repost this there! SM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Holding The Cards (Book #1)   Holding The Cards (Book #1) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Holding The Cards (Book #1)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next