Fans of Joey W. Hill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WELCOME TO THE JOEY W. HILL FAN FORUM!!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vampire Mistress (Book #5)

Go down 
+20
HelenB
doris gomez
Jennifer Leeland
winnie
Mai
bernmtdog
bethanylee
Joey W. Hill
maryde
Karen
Terry
behalf23
Sandy
StellaPrice
Rebekah
SiNn
biteMARwhipMAR
Ioana
Dannyfiredragon
VampireTemptressJaime
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
maryde
Region Master
Region Master
maryde

Vampire Mistress (Book #5) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 8:05 am

StellaPrice wrote:
OK...

About 2/3rd of the way through the book.

Daegan? HOT HOT HOLY SHIT HOT.

That is all...

SHHHHHHH shhhhhhh...................
there's people still waiting Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
So jealous study study
Back to top Go down
JodieG

PostSubject: Read it, LOVED IT, can't wait for Vampire Trinity!   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 6:13 pm

*happy sigh* But dang, I'm never going to survive until September!! I know the hero of the book is Gideon, but I'm all about Daegan.
Back to top Go down
VampireTemptressJaime
Mistress of the Boardroom
VampireTemptressJaime

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 6:32 pm

I have to agree with you, Jodie...Daegan is delicious.
Back to top Go down
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 8:19 pm

Karen/Terry, I think Kat already took your combined advice - she has a separate thread called Vampire Mistress SPOILER ALERT in this same forum area (Vampire Queen series) - grin - you may have already found it.

Am loving your reactions to the book already. Thank you for that. Barbara, I'll have to try Kitaro - thanks for that recommendation, as I'm always looking for new music. And I know Denise said Leonard Cohen also has a stunning version of Hallelujah (may in fact be written by him originally, not sure) but I love the way Rufus sings it.
Back to top Go down
behalf23
3rd Marked Servant
behalf23

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 11:35 pm

Joey;
Leonard Cohen did write it, but apparently got tired of performing it soon after and thus allowed others to record it. I was told that he wrote many, many verses (something like over a 100) and that he encouraged other performers to pick which verses they want and their order. I was familiar with Buckley's version first as it was used strikingly on a Without a Trace episode that just tore your heart out. Recently, I heard K.D. Lang's version when she sang it at the opening ceremony of the winter olympics.
Hope you do try the Kitaro, most especially his Silk Road 1 and 2. He is so special to listen to, and always provides a wonderful mood to read emotional books to.
I am going to find it hard to wait for VT this Fall. You have SO just touched the tip of the ice berg with Daegan Rei in VM. I can't begin to imagine what else we have to discover about him.......grin. Barbara
Back to top Go down
maryde
Region Master
Region Master
maryde

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 5:51 am

only because I'm a little dyslexic, so I have to go back over things to make sure I get it right (and for other reasons...),

lol! Terry
I KNOW why you go back over things and read them AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN.... Wink Wink
Same as I do Very Happy

MAry
Back to top Go down
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 4:40 pm

Barbara, thanks for that add'l info. I didn't realize that! I love Rufus's version not only for the voice quality/emotion, but of course one particular stanza caught my attention (can't explain why, it's a mystery - tongue in cheek) - "She tied you to a kitchen chair / she broke your throne / she cut your hair / and from your lips she drew the Hallelujah..." The song just oozes that combination of pain and pleasure of love.

Criminal Minds and ER are both good with that as well - choosing particular pieces of music to go with memorable scenes, such that the song is forever associated with it. Wes Nickson's Barely Holding On for Criminal Minds, right before Hotch gets shot. River by Sarah McLachlan for an episode about homeless children at Christmas on ER...sigh. Not sure how I would write without music sometimes.
Back to top Go down
JodieG

PostSubject: Hallelujah   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 9:22 pm

I didn't make the connection until I was listening to my writing mood music this morning......I love this song! It's perfect for this story (about as perfect as Shameless is for Mac and Violet. That's also in my wirting mood music!)

Joey, the part you mentioned is the one that stands out to me, as well. I wasn't surprised you said that at all. Wink
Back to top Go down
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 8:45 am

Jodie, it's amazing sometimes the songs we find to fit our scenes. I listened to Mandy Moore's Only Hope so many times when I was writing Marguerite's story (Ice Queen/Mirror of My Soul), it's a wonder that the track didn't wear out on my computer (grin). Love Shameless, and that does fit Mac very well!
Back to top Go down
bethanylee
Fan
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 12:20 pm

Joey,

Just wanted to let you know I finished Vampire Mistress yesterday! I had a doctor appt. that was pretty painful and I had the luxury of the WHOLE day off to read uninterrupted...it was heavenly and took my mind off my pain.

Daegan is so intensely intriguing!! I am having a hard time finding the patience to wait for Vampire Trinity...I'll have to find someway to distract my Self...hmmmmm...

And my hubby was so sweet and picked up the book for me on hold at the bookstore. He said the lady at the counter gave him a funny look...but he knows my literary indulgences and smiled at me as he handed me the book and said "Enjoy!"

And enjoy, I did!!

I'm going to go read your Boardroom series now to hold me over.

Thanx, again, Author Mistress!!
Back to top Go down
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 3:01 pm

Bethany Lee, I'm glad it was helpful for the aftermath, and hope the pain has subsided now. Daegan can be very distracting - just ask Anwyn and Gideon (actually, Gideon won't admit that - he'll just say Daegan's a big pain in the ass - lol). Thank your husband for me as well, and enjoy the board room. Feel better!
Back to top Go down
maryde
Region Master
Region Master
maryde

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 5:55 pm

[quote="bethanylee"]Joey,

And my hubby was so sweet and picked up the book for me on hold at the bookstore. He said the lady at the counter gave him a funny look...but he knows my literary indulgences and smiled at me as he handed me the book and said "Enjoy!"

And enjoy, I did!!

Hi Bethanylee
(love the name Bethany Smile BTW)
I had a visual of what you said about the book and your hubby. Wink I giggled, thinking of the lady in the shop. Very Happy Very Happy Hey she works in a shop full of ALL kinds of Stories... one could be a little more open minded. I find I get a WEIRD look if I buy a book from the EROTICA / adults only section. OMG....And that's from some younger ones too.

Near the train station where I live there is a tiny second hand book shop(love those the best)
Amazing what treasures you find and it has a lady who didn't like to keep THOSE types of books. (I asked one day)
*where are your ADULT/ROmantica Books section)
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil WHat a devil I was....*snickering*
SO I made her day and said I like all romance and bought a couple of M&B lines for quick reads....
Mary
Back to top Go down
Sandy
Sandy

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 11:02 pm

Bethanylee, you have a great hubby. Joey's books are the best medicine for many things. I hope you love the Knights
Back to top Go down
Terry

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 11:21 pm

Finally was able to listen to Halleujah by Rufus Wainwright, never knew that was the name of that beautiful song!!! Thank you so much that now I can place a name and artist with that gorgeous song.

Vampire Mistress (Book #5) - Page 2 Icon_jokercolor
Back to top Go down
behalf23
3rd Marked Servant
behalf23

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 6:39 pm

I ordered an album from Amazon this week, and they gave me a free $1.00 credit towards an mp3 download....so I went there to try and download the Rufus Wainwright version this afternoon. . (I won't mention that I already have the K.D. Lang and the Jeff Buckley mp3 versions....can we say compulsive music buyer?)
Anyway, when I put in Rufus Wainwright's name the dropped list that appears says Rufus Wainwright Hallelujah but then it brings ups 3 or 4 of his albums and I looked through all the songs on them but no success. None of them are Hallelujah. Very frustrating. So anyone reading this who happens to know what album it is on, I would appreciate being clued in. Maybe it's out of print as an album, but you'd think they'd still have it available as an mp3. ???? Barbara
Back to top Go down
bernmtdog
3rd Marked Servant
bernmtdog

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 9:15 pm

Just finished Vampire Mistress-- I will admit that delaying gratification has always been difficult for me, but really, I hope I can last until the fall to read part II. Because there is no choice, I suppose I must! Great book-- Gideon is quite a complex character and Daegan completely compelling. I have a liking for the male dom, but can also appreciate strong females, so the combo is enthralling. I bought Hallelujah a while ago, and I recall that it was difficult to find. You may have luck with the original Shrek soundtrack of all places. Lord Brian was mentioned a few times as playing a significant part in Anwyn's future transition. I am now wondering if we will get more of Lord Brian and Debra's story. Again, well done Ms. Hill! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 9:48 pm

Barbara, I had the same problem - I found it on the L Word Album (from the TV series). I go through ITunes, but whatever music place you visit, try pulling up the L Word album and see if it will let you buy individual tracks. That's how I bought it on ITunes (smile). Hope that helps!

Bernmtdog - yes, Brian and Deb will have a significant role in Vampire Trinity. I wish it was September as well - I want to be able to talk to you all about what happens with the rest of the story (grin). Thanks so much!
Back to top Go down
behalf23
3rd Marked Servant
behalf23

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 12:48 pm

Joey and Bernmtdog---
Thanks for your help. It took some doing but I finally got the MP3 track of Wainwright singing Hallelujah. Amazon had the Shrek soundtrack, but Hallelujah on it was by someone else, John Cale, I think. It was available on MP3 as a single. Then Amazon had several soundtracks for the L Word, and the first album listed Hallelujah with Rufus Wainwright, but the album wasn't available as an MP3. Finally, this morning I went in and directly chose MP3 to search, and put in the song title. I got every version available, and wow, there are a lot. I saw Wainright's on the list, clicked "buy" and waited and waited and waited. It just kept telling me forever that it was processing. Usually downloading a song takes just a few seconds. This time I waited about 5 minutes, it never came through.
So I backed out and chose another listing above the list of titles, where it showed the album cover. This time when I clicked to buy I actually GOT IT.!!!! Persistance pays off. I just hope anyone else who wants it has an easier time than I did. Modern technology can be great, but it can also be a royal pain. Barbara
P.S. I like all 3 versions I now have; they are all quite different in voice, tone, and overall style. Wainright's is a little more raw, while Lang's is more polished and silky. Buckley's is crying soulfully. I can see why you like the Wainright version, Joey, but I will say that I lean towards Lang's because her voice is so superb. The two boys both have a raw voice quality----just my opinion. Others are free to disagree.
Back to top Go down
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 3:32 pm

Glad in the end you felt it was worth the effort, but I'll have to check on Lang's as well. I know Denise loves Cohen's version, but I haven't heard that one (smile)!
Back to top Go down
Karen
Dedicated Fan
Dedicated Fan
Karen

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 4:54 pm

I love the KD Lang version as well, Barbara. As a matter of fact, it is one of my favorites. I am going to have to investigate the others now because you ladies have me curious.
Karen
Back to top Go down
bernmtdog
3rd Marked Servant
bernmtdog

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 5:33 pm

So glad to hear that Lord Brian and Debra will have a significant role in Vampire Trinity. I did not have my afternoon shot of caffeine, so I may get the order of events wrong, but those two have fascinated me since reading Vampire Queen's Servant. I loved the mixed messages between Debra and Lord Brian. For instance, Debra explains the nature of a servant to Jacob and warns that it is not like a human love relationship by using the example of when L. Brian had sex with a female vampire, had Debra serve them while in bed, and then had sex with her before he bathed. Later though during a vampire entertainment, L. Brian carefully removes her glasses for her. Also during the vampire hunters' attack, L.B. shields Debra with his body. It will be interesting to see how their relationaship has developed-- or not!
Back to top Go down
behalf23
3rd Marked Servant
behalf23

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 6:28 pm

I think we are all looking forward to Lord Brian and Debra's story line in VT. Too bad Sept. is so far away....but on the other hand we don't want to wish away our lives either, to fast forward and have Sept. be here already. Maybe as it gets closer to the pub date Joey will be her usual gracious self and give us a tiny, couple of pages excerpt from VT---and choose those couple of pages from a Lord B and D scene. We can hope.....hint hint.
Back to top Go down
Mai
Territory Overlord
Territory Overlord
Mai

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 2:19 pm

Gotta give Joey her props because I absolutely loved VM. Gideon is such a male, but he has his hands full with Anwyn not to mention Daegan. Loved the dynamics between the three, you did an awesome job of making it work. You rock Joey as usual!!!!!

OMG September is so freaking far away........
Back to top Go down
Joey W. Hill
The Author Mistress
The Author Mistress
Joey W. Hill

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 4:34 pm

B & B (grin) - those two have been a continuing mystery to many of my readers - including me, because as of yet, they still do not insist on their own book. They like to appear in supporting roles, like the upcoming Vampire Trinity, so in a way, their "book" is being told over the course of the entire series (chuckle). Barbara, I've made a note of your excerpt request and will see what I can do about that, special for the forum (grin). The problem is, most of their scenes involve plot twists that could give away spoilers, but I might find something I can use without giving away what happens in VT. :>

And Mai, you're a dear! I agree - September is too freaking far away!
Back to top Go down
maryde
Region Master
Region Master
maryde

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 6:02 pm

morning Joey
On my way to work but had to stop in.
I finally finished Vampire Mistress on the week end.
May I say , for me, it was one of the most intense books of yours that I have read.
Even the SH-T between Tyler and Margurite didn;t effect me as did VM.

I commend you (as always) on allowing us to share the lives of your characters. The Deep POV was so pwerful that I didn't know who I liked or didn't like or what I felt about their situation.

It wasn't till the interlude between Daegan Anwyn and Gideon that I felt a connection being made. between the 3 , for me.

I am glad that Gideon found HER......(for his sake)
and I I'm rooting for Daegan not to give up on Anwyn. I understand the vampire polatics and where he is coming from but I don't think I like it.

I need a week or so and I want to read it again. I have time before part 2 is out so that is good for me (sorry for everyone else who is biting at the bit ) *Chuckling*

You amaze us with your writing and don't ever stop.
Again,,, I bow to your expertise in your complete dedication to your craft..

(OMG...does that sound gushy and gooey)
LOL Mary
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vampire Mistress (Book #5)   Vampire Mistress (Book #5) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vampire Mistress (Book #5)
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next